Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

symbolic posted:

did tumblr get to him
Maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

I hope you do an LP of this game.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
tbf SA has always attracted the crazies latent or manifesting

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

BuckarooBanzai posted:

He was cool when I hired him, he just, uh, changed

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

BuckarooBanzai posted:

sometimes i put socks on my ears and bark at the mailman

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
There was some other poster who also had that problem in the LP subforum. Their voice grew more lisping and higher pitch until I simply couldn't listen to it anymore because it sounded so alien and artificial.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Testikles posted:

There was some other poster who also had that problem in the LP subforum. Their voice grew more lisping and higher pitch until I simply couldn't listen to it anymore because it sounded so alien and artificial.
Shmorky's voice got so terrible that I literally wouldn't come into the office when he was there because it would infuriate me.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Lowtax posted:

He was cool when I hired him, he just, uh, changed

The way you talk about it, it sounds like you're covering something up. Admit it Lowtax, you did something to him. You put estrogen and strong psychedelics in his coffee.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Testikles posted:

The way you talk about it, it sounds like you're covering something up. Admit it Lowtax, you did something to him. You put estrogen and strong psychedelics in his coffee.
Jesus, I wish it was something as simple as that and I could have an easy answer to explain it all.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lowtax posted:

Shmorky's voice got so terrible that I literally wouldn't come into the office when he was there because it would infuriate me.
that's too bad because i was still a fan of your videos even at that point
you guys made a good team with shmorky making a godawful pun and you just sighing or throwing back an even worse one

ah well, it was good while it lasted
edit: i mean dontrel, trelyate and beestmeel holy poo poo those videos were goddamn fantastic

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 19, 2015

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mental disorders and insanity in males start manifesting in their mid to late twenties. Makes sense cuz smorky was on the road to being crazy about that time, no?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

JazzFlight posted:

you guys made a good team with shmorky making a godawful pun and you just sighing or throwing back an even worse one

Yeah, to be honest it feels like the pod people replaced him one day or something, I wish stuff wouldn't have changed because I had a ton of fun doing the old LPs but oh well.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Yeah, to be honest it feels like the pod people replaced him one day or something, I wish stuff wouldn't have changed because I had a ton of fun doing the old LPs but oh well.

Couldn't you just get somebody else who isn't crazy or is the magic gone?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Testikles posted:

Couldn't you just get somebody else who isn't crazy or is the magic gone?
I don't know who, and it's especially difficult to do it with somebody who isn't physically present.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Lowtax posted:

I don't know who, and it's especially difficult to do it with somebody who isn't physically present.

That's fair. lovely video games will still be there when you're ready for it Lowtax.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lowtax posted:

im sad you aren't pals anymore, but at the same time this is the funniest most bizarre reason ive ever heard for people to stop being pals

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I like shmorky's art but their comics have literally no punchlines anymore and it is mindboggling how pointless it all is

come on shmorky you can do better

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

small hendren posted:

More like Rich and Shmorky.

Heh.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im a genderless blob

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A guy who was faced with the onset of middle age, and realized his dreams of being a cute girl would never come to pass.

No wonder he broke down.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
can shmorky make me a personalized klurf

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

A guy who was faced with the onset of middle age, and realized his dreams of being a cute girl would never come to pass.

No wonder he broke down.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I really like your LPs of bad games lowtax and would like to watch more some day

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Lowtax posted:

Would your wife be interested? You two are pretty funny together on Twitter.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The Kyanka Family LP Farm

I'd watch it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lowtax posted:

beefslow

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Enfield posted:

can shmorky make me a personalized klurf
they all look identical

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
"Wacky" artist goes off the deep end at some point. News at 11pm.

Don't these types just end up suiciding?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

can i be your game review pal. ill even move to bumfuck missouri

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
If you pay me money to come and live with you and make lps of bad games I will do it, I've been told that I am very, very funny

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

contrapants posted:

Would your wife be interested? You two are pretty funny together on Twitter.

I hope this doesn't come across as weird as gently caress but his stream with his daughter was pretty funny. This is the one I'm thinking of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND5IPE3gGCg

Unrelated to the above: Is it true that schmorky stuffed his shirt with paper towels and left the wads of them in the former SA office? I heard junk about that in passing when folks visited the office before it closed. But I'm not sure if it's true or just weird made up poo poo.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

JazzFlight posted:

edit: i mean dontrel, trelyate and beestmeel holy poo poo those videos were goddamn fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcHQrsJ07E One of the best videos and Shmorky losing his poo poo was great.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
lol itt lowtax throws shmorky under the bus

somebody get him to read this thread; i want no less than three twitters about how betrayed he feels or w/e

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i "lets play"ed a few games with lowtax but he never uploaded them for some reason. i was so funny and made so many jokes that he didnt make any himself and barely spoke tbqh i think he was jealous of how funny i was. i brought him a present too and it was a framed photo of myself and himself i photoshopped it because there are no photos with myself and him in the same photo. i even wrote "best friends" on it in glitter

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i wrote him a song too "i could be your shmorky chained into a diaper" but i dont think he appreciated it even though where im from we dont use the word diaper and i thought it was a little insensitive

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I enjoyed Gaming Garbage LPs quite a bit. Are there any samples of Shmorky's voice being unbearably weird? I don't remember, it's been a while.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

do you still have the wastebasket toilet paper sculpture he left

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I bet the game is really good

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nooner posted:

smorky is bad very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when the narc' gets ya, it'll do anything, absolutely anything to keep you. it'll force you to cut off your dingly bits, post selfies, draw unfunny webcomics, anything

narcissism - not even once

• Locked thread