Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WhyteRyce posted:

Skyfall was terrible because it took itself way too seriously despite the fact that anything that happened was purely due to people doing stupid things that make no sense

I think this is one of the big reasons i really disliked Skyfall. It was almost like your typical cliche horror movie where everyone does the stupidest thing possible at every corner. also it felt like craig was really phoning it in for some reason, meanwhile Bardem was loving killing it.

then again License to Kill is one of my favorite bond movies and thats usually immensely disliked, so i'll admit i might have stupid tastes in bond films :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Xaris posted:

jarvier bardem super owned, and some good cinematography, but the rest of it really sucked. it wasnt as bad as qos but it wasn't a good bond movie.

Agreed. Could have used better editing choices in a bunch of places. Like with that ceramic dog. CGI komodo dragon was poo poo.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
the new bond song is really bad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Xaris posted:

then again License to Kill is one of my favorite bond movies and thats usually immensely disliked, so i'll admit i might have stupid tastes in bond films :shrug:

I disliked it as a kid because it didn't have a secret volcano lair or a tanker that swallowed submarines, but I have come to love it.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
HI, My name is George Bernard Shaw. I am dead suave, I post on a Friday being dead suave look at me, being dead suave. I haven't mentioned Monica Belluci once but I swear I am not Neelix.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
craig
dalton
connery
lazenby
moore
brosnan

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
lol
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...m-10109093.html

quote:

James Bond is on a mission to save Mexico from its drug cartel reputation.

The upcoming Spectre film is reportedly receiving $20m from the Mexican government to portray the country in a positive light.

The film will receive at least $14m, and up to $20m for a script re-write that portrays “modern Mexico City buildings” and a favourable image of the country.

According to a report on US website Taxanalysts.com, Mexican authorities have also requested that the villain cannot be Mexican.

Mexico has also reportedly demanded that MGM and Sony, the producers behind Spectre, cast a Mexican actress as Bond Girl, and indeed Mexican actress Stephanie Sigman was cast in the film earlier this week.

The actress is best known for her starring role in Gerardo Naranjo’s crime thriller Miss Bala, which is set in Mexico’s criminal underworld, but producers must be hoping the rest of the world won’t be too familiar with the film.

The studio apparently also allowed Mexican authorities to make casting decisions, dictate characters’ ethnicities and change the occupation of an unnamed character that never appears on-screen, according to the website.

naem
May 29, 2011

I too am looking forward to this movie but unlike apparently the rest of the these forums I am a heterosecual

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is par for the course now under EPN. i think they also paid off time magazine

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009

Irradiation posted:

There is no worse Bond than Die Another Day. Even the Roger Moore ones are better.

i didnt read this thread but if anyone disagrees with this theyre a decroded piece of crap!

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
That trailer looks fairly awesome and Waltz is going to be a great post-Dr-Evil Blofeld. Didn't really like most of Quantum but I thought the scene at the opera when Bond goes, 'Hi I am James Bond and I kill people for Her Majesty and I can hear your nefarious plotting" and then they all get up and leave and he takes pictures of them, that was such a classic James Bond gadget moment. He took pictures of them with his phone, what will they think of next?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When XXX came out, they were hyping it up as a James Bond killer and I just :rolleyes: because it looked terrible and James Bond was a powerhouse franchise. Then I watched Die Another Day

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
turns out the franchised survived to "die another day"

diamonds are forever has to be the strangest bond flick

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

moonraker ftw

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pierce was a good Bond but he got stuck with Christmas Jones and the worst Bond film ever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WhyteRyce posted:

Pierce was a good Bond but he got stuck with Christmas Jones and the worst Bond film ever

yeah. this is true. Brosnan was a good bond but was stuck with the shittiest writing, directing and even some lame supporting chars.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The best part about Bond movies is when James Bond pauses from tracking down the bad guys to order a martini and gently caress the girl.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
I liked Skyfall just fine at first but if you think about it, the villain got everything that he wanted:

-He exposed at least a handful of deep-cover agents (they sorta drop that plot after he's captured)

-He wanted M to die

-He wanted to die.

So yeah yaaaaay *sings the 007 theme*

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Agreed. Could have used better editing choices in a bunch of places. Like with that ceramic dog. CGI komodo dragon was poo poo.

That was a real komodo dragon you could have even gone to visit him at london zoo but they put him down the other week

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Last bond movie i saw he had to play in a poker tournament and his nemesis had a 'tell' where he cried blood. That measns when he has the good cards.

Also one were he surfs into north korea

Isaac fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 3, 2015

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjG65N-jbqw

naem
May 29, 2011

James blonde (heh)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Premeditated Toast posted:

I liked Skyfall just fine at first but if you think about it, the villain got everything that he wanted:

-He exposed at least a handful of deep-cover agents (they sorta drop that plot after he's captured)

-He wanted M to die

-He wanted to die.

So yeah yaaaaay *sings the 007 theme*

Yeah the movie makes no loving sense. Gorgeous cinematography, but absolutely zero sense. Like this guy is such a master mind he can plan his capture and then every single timed component of his escape so that he can murder M at a trial... Where his plan is interrupted by having Ralph Fiennes use a pistol... Also he literally had a bomb in M's office to start the movie, he could have killed her then. And what the gently caress was Bond's plan of running away to Scotland to lure Javier to him? "We need to trap him, so we'll run away from London, the center of our forces, to be alone in Scotland where he will outnumber us 15:1 with heavy armaments"

God damnit it was such a lovely movie.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BOND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lKRxk7uq8U

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
James Bond as a character is boring as gently caress, but this looks like an interesting if obvious direction to take the idea.

Could be good.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

James Bond as a character is boring as gently caress, but this looks like an interesting if obvious direction to take the idea.

Could be good.

Christoph Waltz. I'm in.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think it is time for a tranny bond

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Nefarious posted:

craig
dalton
connery
lazenby
moore
brosnan

this is so agressively wrong that i'm inclined to believe you are of below average intelligence, below average sexual endowment and prowess, and probably have little if any culinary taste

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
also, Moore > Connery

come at me motherfuckers

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Living daylights owned, peace

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Living daylights owned, peace

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Savings Coupon posted:

this is so agressively wrong that i'm inclined to believe you are of below average intelligence, below average sexual endowment and prowess, and probably have little if any culinary taste

Nah he nailed it

Sorry you have bad bond opinions

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

That was a real komodo dragon you could have even gone to visit him at london zoo but they put him down the other week

:( rip

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

He also aged horribly.

Like at some point between Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies he started looking worse than Mark Hamill.

And Sophie Marceau was really good in The World is Not Enough

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

For real though James needs to find an excuse to fight Russians or European ubermensch again, it's when the franchise works best and it's kind of the only thing missing from Craigs bond

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought Christmas only came once a year

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
the "funny" bonds are the worst bonds because bond has never been funny

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nefarious posted:

the "funny" bonds are the worst bonds because bond has never been funny

There were some good zingers in Goldfinger

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
bonds, rated by :butt:

craig
connery
moore
dalton
lazenby
brosnan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

whoflungpoop posted:

bonds, rated by :butt:

craig
connery
moore
dalton
lazenby
brosnan

weird to think there have only been 6 bonds with asses, time flies but it doesn't

• Locked thread