Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Le Saboteur posted:

DC on when he got stunned in the 3rd: "I said poo poo, and then I just started punching"

His recovery from that knee was so good. Not only did he immediately activate his wrestle button to use the takedown threat to stand up, but he also threw smart punches to make Alex wary of just teeing off on him.

I think that knee would have finished a lot of dudes not just from the power, but from mistakes made In trying to recover that would create openings for some nail in the coffin shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Charles Gnarwin posted:

His recovery from that knee was so good. Not only did he immediately activate his wrestle button to use the takedown threat to stand up, but he also threw smart punches to make Alex wary of just teeing off on him.

I think that knee would have finished a lot of dudes not just from the power, but from mistakes made In trying to recover that would create openings for some nail in the coffin shots.

He mentioned it was the follow up punch and not the knee that really hurt him and said he would have been even more hosed if Rumble had managed to follow up off that giant haymaker. But in those moments he just kicks into auto pilot and his fight IQ is really good.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 4, 2015

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Hey do you guys remember that time alexander gustaffson out wrestled dc

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Gus is the best wrestler in the division

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

New rule: all light heavyweight title fights must include alexander gustaffson is some way

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Dangersim posted:

Hey do you guys remember that time alexander gustaffson out wrestled dc
Every takedown I was imagining Gus saying poo poo like "gently caress your silver medal" to DC.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

canoshiz posted:

Every takedown I was imagining Gus saying poo poo like "gently caress your silver medal" to DC.

What silver medal?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The main takeaway from that fight is that Gus is extremely fun to cheer for when he's surging and/or coming from behind in some way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone got a gif of the Rose finish? I could find videos of the other fights but that one wouldn't load.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
http://fat.gfycat.com/MistyIllegalFennecfox.mp4

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Holy jeez she was OUT.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Here is everything before that: http://i.imgur.com/8nsmiL0.webm

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Here is everything before that: http://i.imgur.com/8nsmiL0.webm

Angela hill sucks. I love the fact that she looks like a robot shutting down while she is getting the lights choked out of her.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

when gus knocked dc down in the third i jumped out of my chair and screamed because i'd thought he did it

he didn't but that's fine i still love him

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
why was rashad evans allowed on pay per view

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
he shortens his reach so much that even when bader was against the cage and rashad was still on top of him, he still couldnt reach him with his right

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rashad is the only fighter in the world that got more boring after leaving Greg Jackson.

He needs to go back to ABQ to be exciting.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Meowbot posted:

Angela hill sucks. I love the fact that she looks like a robot shutting down while she is getting the lights choked out of her.

Pretty much a carbon copy of her loss to Carla on TUF. Somehow in the intervening year no one told her that standing up and flailing around isn't an effective RNC defence.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

colonel_korn posted:

Pretty much a carbon copy of her loss to Carla on TUF. Somehow in the intervening year no one told her that standing up and flailing around isn't an effective RNC defence.

When she fought Carla she tried to cheat by grabbing the fence with both hands and didn't defend her neck. In this fight it looks like she was trying to post up and get to her feet instead of defending her neck.

Bad fight IQ.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Rashad is the only fighter in the world that got more boring after leaving Greg Jackson.

He needs to go back to ABQ to be exciting.

Anyone who loses to Ryan Bader needs to go find a new career outside MMA.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Aurain posted:

Anyone who loses to Ryan Bader needs to go find a new career outside MMA.

thats dumb, I wish I didnt have to watch Rashad fight though

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
dc/gus was frustrating to watch and i really don't think it lived up to its potential. when htye were headfighting and jamming their shoulders into each other and goldberg was like "WHAT A FIGHT" it made me sad for how low the bar seems to have fallen for not just "good fight" but "interesting fight"

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
it was cool when dc hit his high crotch, it was cool when gus defended the high crotch in round 3, it was not cool when there were 0 strikes thrown in round 5 and 0 significant strikes landed in round 4

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

david carmichael posted:

dc/gus was frustrating to watch and i really don't think it lived up to its potential. when htye were headfighting and jamming their shoulders into each other and goldberg was like "WHAT A FIGHT" it made me sad for how low the bar seems to have fallen for not just "good fight" but "interesting fight"

I can't imagine what you perceive the potential of that fight to be. I thought it was awesome. I was super impressed with Cormier's conditioning. Even smaller fight men run out of gas in fights like that, but he was still going after Gus and chasing him down right to the bell. I did want to see a little more wrestling from DC, but otherwise it was great.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

FreakyMetalKid posted:

I can't imagine what you perceive the potential of that fight to be. I thought it was awesome. I was super impressed with Cormier's conditioning. Even smaller fight men run out of gas in fights like that, but he was still going after Gus and chasing him down right to the bell. I did want to see a little more wrestling from DC, but otherwise it was great.

a dc fight never has the potential to be good, but at least they have the potential to be brief

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
a man retreats with his back turned while a fat guy slowly walks him down. when he gets a hold of him he lands the same 50 short uppercuts he lands in every fight to the same effect (none) they always have, until he stops being able to do even that

david carmichael fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 4, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Honestly after watching the gus/DC fight I had no energy to slog through the other decisions on the card. I thumbed through rashad bader enough to see that rashad is still not good with greg jackson and I don't even know who won between the evil eye and our favorite battletoad.

Thug Rose owns still, which was good. DC/Gus had a few exciting moments that turned into nothing and whole lot of nothing with Gus running away. I wasn't surprised that he won on one card, but the 49-46 actually seemed like a better score to me. The fight was just Gus running away from a progressively heavier breathing fat guy and I can't wait for Bones to come get his belt back.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

david carmichael posted:

it was cool when dc hit his high crotch, it was cool when gus defended the high crotch in round 3, it was not cool when there were 0 strikes thrown in round 5 and 0 significant strikes landed in round 4

Gus ran almost 1 mile in 25 minutes is the funniest thing, sorry if you can't appreciate this.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

1st AD posted:

Gus ran almost 1 mile in 25 minutes is the funniest thing, sorry if you can't appreciate this.

I'm really curious how the UFC was coming up with those numbers.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I found a lot of this ppv was boring but the main made up for it. Also some of the prelims were fun (and why people should always watch the prelims)

Any word on dc's foot?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm really curious how the UFC was coming up with those numbers.

It's not really hard to figure out distance travelled/speed of movement if you have cameras set up for that purpose in your arena. Think Hawk-Eye style things.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jst0rm posted:

Any word on dc's foot?

Luscious, fragrant.-Vitor Belfort.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I'm glad DC won even if Jones is going to come back and make him cry again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

canoshiz posted:

Also, is that a real question? It's gonna be really bad

• Locked thread