Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Oh lawsy, here we go again.

I've won a few times. Last year, though, I flamed out way early. Now I must restore my honor.

... I give myself about a 45% chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Whoop, forgot my link: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/miriable

Many of you are probably already writing buddies, but I still have to cast my net every year for the newbies. :getin:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I have a terrible brain problem where I just keep piling subplots into my story. Ugh. Stop it, characters. You don't have to go on a hero's journey every time you buy milk.

magnificent7 posted:

I had to do something. I can not write another story where main character does nothing but reacts to poo poo. "What? Oh my god! I can't believe that just happened! She said what?"

Maybe not the main character, but a side character that does this while everyone else around them is super proactive could be hilarious.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Running around 29,000 words right now. I wish I could get further ahead of the curve so I won't feel bad about slacking off Thanksgiving while bloated on turkey. I've been trying to write more than my own average every day, but only going ~100 words over doesn't move the pointer that much at this point.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Seriously, I seem to only be able to do this on odd-numbered years. 50,055 and done. Time for the ritual changing of the Facebook header.

Every year I forget how much of a slog this seems by the third week.

• Locked thread