Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Doctors at Hurley Medical Center in Flint are warning senior citizens, children, and pregnant women to immediately stop drinking Flint’s tap water because dangerous levels of lead have been detected.

Water from the Flint River is 19 times more corrosive than supply sourced from Lake Huron, as had been done previously.

http://pontiactribune.com/drinking-...campaign=buffer

So infrastructure failures and bad dealings with other cities lead to flints water supply becoming toxic and could kill you. Good Job. I still drink my tap water, but I don't have to worry about fracking, e.coli, brain eating amoebas, farm run off, or worse. To those that have to deal with poo poo like this is your water like a different color? Does is smell like rotten meat and fish guts? Share your stories here about how terrible americas infrastructure is getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

drat give me some of that water

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
didn't you READ the article OP? a science man from michigan says that the level of lead in the water is actually BELOW the objectionable level, so drink up!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
pfft i buttchug soylent on the hour every hour, and i've developed a high lead tolerance.

a lil pissbitch like tap water can't do poo poo to me.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Is this what made Michael Moore fat?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
If you live in flint then your IQ is most likely zero because you are probably already dead, sorry

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Flint reconnects to Detroit water, may take 3 weeks to clear all pipes

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/10/flint_reconnecting_to_detroit.html

Water provided by DWSD will contain corrosion control agents to hinder the leaching of lead from old pipes into the water. However, the city will also be adding additional corrosion control agents to further minimize the risk presented by lead pipes, according to the release.

"The actions of the governor's office and the governor-appointed emergency manager for Flint are the direct cause of the Flint water disaster," Greimel said in a statement. "Beyond that, we must hold the Department of Environmental Quality responsible as well. There were so many opportunities to stop this before it started, so many people this had to pass through, before the switch could be made, and not a single person looking at this saw families at risk. They saw dollar signs. Therefore, it's not just appropriate, but morally incumbent, on the state to restore clean water to families in Flint. These families are paying for the bad decisions made by the governor and his appointed administrators. It would be wrong to expect these families to pay extra to fix those mistakes."

According to a news release from Greimel's office, Under House Bill 4102, a supplement budget bill, the state will appropriate:

$6 million to connect Flint to the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department.
$1 million to test Flint water samples.
$1 million to purchase and install water filters.
$850,000 to the childhood lead program.
$500,000 to support programs.
Add three positions within the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality and Licensing and Regulatory Affairs to help oversee Flint's water system.

Walling echoed Greimel's sentiment, saying while he appreciated the quick action, the situation should never have happened.

The reconnection comes after months of controversy after the city disconnected from Detroit in April 2014 and began drawing its water from the Flint River to save money.

To save money, hrmm, hows that working out for you now?

loving idiots.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
^^^^^Dont sign your posts lol

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

lol Flint.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
but does it have copepods?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

what ep was this

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
they were getting their water from the flint river, the place where i saw no less than three dead bodies while living there

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like water

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
this is a very good place to get our water

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
if the ganges is good enough to drink from, by god the flint river is just fine

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i drink out of the toilet and lick my own balls to clean them

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
didn't know people lived in Flint

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like to chase sticks and bury my bone. im a "good boy"

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

dad gay. so what posted:

i drink out of the toilet and lick my own balls to clean them

Goodboy

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Hooded Reptile posted:

Doctors at Hurley Medical Center in Flint are warning senior citizens, children, and pregnant women to immediately stop drinking Flint’s tap water because dangerous levels of lead have been detected.

Water from the Flint River is 19 times more corrosive than supply sourced from Lake Huron, as had been done previously.

http://pontiactribune.com/drinking-...campaign=buffer

So infrastructure failures and bad dealings with other cities lead to flints water supply becoming toxic and could kill you. Good Job. I still drink my tap water, but I don't have to worry about fracking, e.coli, brain eating amoebas, farm run off, or worse. To those that have to deal with poo poo like this is your water like a different color? Does is smell like rotten meat and fish guts? Share your stories here about how terrible americas infrastructure is getting.

Greatest country on earth lmao

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ashgromnies posted:

they were getting their water from the flint river, the place where i saw no less than three dead bodies while living there

you saw them in the river because that's where you put them you dingus! i mean flint sucks but do be fair alright

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
*throws squalling infant in toilet*
durrr, i saw a baby in a loving toilet durr this place must be bad or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I love my tap water to come mixed with extra corrosion control agents, really enhances the flavor

• Locked thread