Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is the web version of Astronaut Jones from dress rehearsal? The last line doesn't seem much different than Tracy's usual delivery, and I know they tend to switch these things around in those cases.
Yeah they used the dress version for West coast and web. Near as I can tell that's the only dress sub made in this week's show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Elizabeth Banks is hosting on November 14! Disclosure is the musical guest. They're both great choices and I'm surprised this is the first time for both of them.

Also, has anyone noticed this dude on SNL's Facebook page that comments on every single thing they post with a rambling treatise on why Kat Dennings should host?

He's been doing it for a few years now. It's super creepy.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

This dude is Kat Dennings.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

This 30 Rock bit brings back the memories.

I gave up on that show somewhere in the fourth season. Did it ever get funny again? Is the final season or anything worth watching?

I'm rewatching the show with my girlfriend, and season 4 was hard to get through. Season 5 they get really self aware and the characters really hit peak chemistry with one another. We've been laughing again after just chuckling in season 4. It's been a while since the show ended, but I think I remember the final season being really off-the-rails... Though I can't remember if it worked in the show's favor.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Elizabeth Banks is hosting on November 14! Disclosure is the musical guest. They're both great choices and I'm surprised this is the first time for both of them.

Also, has anyone noticed this dude on SNL's Facebook page that comments on every single thing they post with a rambling treatise on why Kat Dennings should host?

He's been doing it for a few years now. It's super creepy.
She's basically just tits, right? I saw 2 minutes of that show and it was 2 minutes too many.

Also, is Elizabeth Banks the next episode? Noticed they're off for a bit, at least according to my pogdesign calendar.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

She's basically just tits, right? I saw 2 minutes of that show and it was 2 minutes too many.

Tits and sex jokes!

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Well I mean, Pamela Anderson once hosted and that episode was skit after skit of "look at her tits", so I guess if they want to do that again, that's certainly an alternative to comedy.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This week is a Vintage of Michael Jordan / Public Enemy from 1991 at 10, followed by a repeat of the Miley Cyrus season premiere at 11:30. Next week is rerun too, probably gonna be the Schumer ep.

SNL returns live on November 7th with host Donald Trump, and musical guest Sia.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Well I mean, Pamela Anderson once hosted and that episode was skit after skit of "look at her tits", so I guess if they want to do that again, that's certainly an alternative to comedy.

When Helen Mirren hosted they had a sketch devoted to her wondrous bosom. That's just how things are.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

comes along bort posted:

When Helen Mirren hosted they had a sketch devoted to her wondrous bosom. That's just how things are.

Well when you're talking Helen Mirren, that's just one part of a complete package.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Heard like a second or third hand rumor on Twitter that a lot of cast members are very unhappy about working with Trump. I hope the episode gets lovely ratings but I know it won't :(

pwn
May 27, 2004

I still can't picture Trump in the Monday morning pitch meeting.

Also: Jeers for using the version of Schmidt's Gay with the the "Beautiful Girls" soundalike; Cheers for keeping a band shot in!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I vaguely remember seeing this episode when it originally aired (:corsair:) and I remember that Schmitts Gay commercial being a direct parody of some beer commercial at the time. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I totally making this up?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh wow, they muted "Sweet Home Chicago" for Bill Swersky.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

I vaguely remember seeing this episode when it originally aired (:corsair:) and I remember that Schmitts Gay commercial being a direct parody of some beer commercial at the time. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I totally making this up?

I could swear it was too but I'm totally blanking on which one. Youtube's not much help either, although I did find a Miller Light ad with Kevin Nealon doing the Mr. Subliminal thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2H9iDarsw

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

raditts posted:

comes along bort posted:

I could swear it was too but I'm totally blanking on which one. Youtube's not much help either, although I did find a Miller Light ad with Kevin Nealon doing the Mr. Subliminal thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2H9iDarsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhIcvbWsRg

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Heard like a second or third hand rumor on Twitter that a lot of cast members are very unhappy about working with Trump. I hope the episode gets lovely ratings but I know it won't :(

He probably isn't very professional, which seems to be the biggest pet peeve of the players.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh my god. Thank you, that's great.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mooseontheloose posted:

He probably isn't very professional, which seems to be the biggest pet peeve of the players.

He's already hosted the show once and presumably didn't piss Lorne off enough to warrant a ban.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Coulda swore that either Tina Fey or Darrel Hammond said he was the worst host to work with. Can't find it in any of my books, maybe it was an interview.

And I don't imagine SNL's is Trump's crowd. Honestly I'm half-expecting him to pull out like he did with Kimmel this week.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

pwn posted:

Coulda swore that either Tina Fey or Darrel Hammond said he was the worst host to work with. Can't find it in any of my books, maybe it was an interview.

And I don't imagine SNL's is Trump's crowd. Honestly I'm half-expecting him to pull out like he did with Kimmel this week.

Have Lorne host instead. Don't change any of the scripts.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

pwn posted:

Paris Hilton is high up on that list too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

Paris Hilton is high up on that list too.

And Steven Seagal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And Chevy Chase.

Should have Timberlake stored in a box with In Emergency Break Glass sign on it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
November 21 - Matthew McConaughey / Adele

pwn
May 27, 2004

:spooky: Cut short from the Tracy Morgan episode... just in time for Halloween :spooky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUcy9L6zDA

And tonight at 10/9c in lieu of a Vintage.... :spooky: SNL Halloween :spooky:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Agreed.

http://www.avclub.com/article/donald-trumps-snl-appearance-going-be-shitshow-228076

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hope tonight is a clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So... new thread for SNL November?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DaveWoo posted:

So... new thread for SNL November?

Yep!