Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Collaborating with Wayne Coyne: not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
It looked like a poo poo-ton of candles melted on that thing, in a good way

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Regis Christ posted:

What the hell is this?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

But no for real I'm assuming this is supposed to be about a lost/dead friend or something but I can't get over the over the top shouting and the most shallow lyrics ever to really care.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Was that overly dramatic song about the dead pets on the piano? Or what? Either way it was hilarious.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Weird last sketch time!

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
"I had a dream
Davie Bowie taught us how to skateboard
But he was shaped like Gumby"

actual lyrics from that song

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Couldn't make your own pie?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
So no Vanessa Bayer Miley Cyrus show?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What the gently caress? Was that the end?
I know SNL has trouble ending sketches sometimes, but that was ridiculous

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

That was a weird segway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Reset Smith posted:

So no Vanessa Bayer Miley Cyrus show?

We really dodged a bullet there.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I bet I am the only one who liked the Kyle Mooney/Miley Cyrus skit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mooseontheloose posted:

I liked it!

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
"And of course my dead pets"

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mooseontheloose posted:

The weird post-2nd musical performance skits are the best ones.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Overall a pretty good episode. I found Hilary to be warm and fun, maybe I should caucus for her after all.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
^^^You can have a beer with her :)

raditts posted:

What the gently caress? Was that the end?
I know SNL has trouble ending sketches sometimes, but that was ridiculous
What a difference not hitting the Applause light makes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mooseontheloose posted:

It was good

It wasn't a good episode overall though. Very little use of Aidy or Cecily or Vanessa, with Leslie Jones all over the place. Update with 2 standup routines and that pope character died a death.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Miley's live performances were pretty rough tonight but I actually like her new album as a whole.

https://soundcloud.com/mileycyrus/tracks

I like the new featured actor, Jon Rudnitsky, although I hear he's in trouble for having old lovely offensive jokes on his social media accounts. It'll probably blow over. The dude is only 25 now and he made the jokes when we was in his early 20s. Hopefully he's grown up a bit since then.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is Tracy Morgan ready to host again? He still seems a bit rattled :(

pwn
May 27, 2004

After trauma, going back to a routine can be wonderful. I can't speak for Tracy though. I hope it's a great experience for him.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It'll probably be a guest cameo heavy episode

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's not like bad pacing has ever been a problem with SNL. He'll be fine.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

I knew the last sketch seemed familiar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEqStuivoio

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeesh, between the Hillary cheerleading and ~sick burns~ on millennials SNL was really showing its age this week.

Like seriously, they couldn't even make a joke about how Pete Davidson would be voting for Bernie because of, y'know, the marijuana. I was waiting that whole bit for that incredibly obvious joke and it didn't come. It would even be making GBS threads on millennials a bit!

Also the format was all over the place--the Hillary at the bar sketch was obviously supposed to be the cold open, and the 50's dance sketch felt more like a 12:55 sketch than the actual 12:55 one did.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Also Killam's Trump impression is way too shaky to make recurring. It's a lot like his Brad Pitt, in fact, in the sense that it really only exists at the beginning and end of each line.

Definitely a disappointing premiere, and I'm a little flabbergasted that they didn't have better stuff saved up from the summer. Update was possibly the worst I've seen in years.

Edit: That said, "YOU HAVE TO STAY WITH MY BROTHER, MARCO. FINISH THE CON!" got a huge laugh out of me, and was easily the funniest thing Leslie Jones has done on the show to date.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 5, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You have an extremely selective memory if that was your idea of the worst update in years. Or typical SA hyperbole.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

ShakeZula posted:

Also Killam's Trump impression is way too shaky to make recurring.
Yeah that was horrific. I've been watching old episodes and Darrell Hammond's Trump kills it. I don't even know what that was last night. The only way you even know it's Trump with Killam is the wig. The rest, he's pouting and squinting for some reason I don't know I guess that's funny?

I think the episode was better than most people thought. I mean it wasn't much, but it was good. One thing I like about SNL is that even when the host is one of my least favorite people in pop culture, who cares, got the rest of the cast, just stomach the bad thing and watch everyone else do work. The new guy seems like he's slotted in nicely.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 5, 2015

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I don't know why Kyle Mooney decided to base his Pope Francis on a generic Italian accent mixed with his bad standup comedian character's mannerisms. A lot of people saw the Pope speak in English last week. He's got like a very slow odd Argentinian (Spanish) accent, not the Super Mario Bros. version that Kyle used.

Like another goon mentioned, it would have been more fun to have Fr. Guido Sarducci show up.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Millennials segment was one of the shittiest things this lovely show has put out recently. So tired, so cliched, so well-worn. I mean poo poo it's already been done before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I'm not sure it means anything, but there are 3 very attractive women on this show now, and historically there have been, well, none. I don't know, does this mean anything? Probably not.

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: disgusting hogbeasts

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hey so this is happening tonight. Schumer is funny lady she'll do well.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Killam goes from the best performer from one episode to the drizzling shits on the next. What I want is more Beck Bennett. Weekend update needs some more characters but I do not mind seeing the people do their stand-up, I enjoyed Jones' and Davidsons' bits but I would of liked Drunk Uncle, girl you should not of talked to a party, and where is Jean K Jean?

pwn
May 27, 2004

NASCAR must have ended early tonight, they're running a Vintage: Tom Hanks from 1990. Trump cold open is on now

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Can't go wrong with a Fox and Friends intro.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
My usually low, old-person expectations are high tonight. Schumer is a really good performer.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
The teeeeeeth :stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kammat posted:

The teeeeeeth :stare:

Accurate.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

This is basically Debbie Wasserman Schultz irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

McKinnon's face is hilarious.

• Locked thread