Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Daybreak Games posted:

Dear Dragon’s Prophet player,
After careful consideration and review, Runewaker Entertainment and Daybreak Game Company announce the decision to discontinue North American operation of Dragon’s Prophet.
The North American servers will be closed on Mon‌day, N‌ov‌e‌mb‌er 1‌6, 2‌01‌5.
Runewaker will continue its operation of the game with partners in Eur‌ope and A‌sia. For additional details, please visit dragonsprophetthegame.com.

... and no one really cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
drat beat me to it op

edit: the no one care part

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the tens of people who play are probably outraged

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Everyone who cared already switched to the EU servers, anyway.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Was this the game that I saw banner adds for like 2 years ago with Lita Ford in a metal bikini riding a dude riding a dragon?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I thought this was the sequel to Dragon's Dogma and wondered why it was in the MMOG forum. Shows how little I know about Dragon's Dogma. Or Dragon's Prophet.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Never even heard of it! I guess it was bad.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The only novel thing about it was catching dragons like Pokémon.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I picked it up a while ago and played on the EU servers. Then I bought a thing for it on Steam, didn't get it and support told me I'm poo poo out of luck since their Steam integration is barely there if that. gently caress this game.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm just here to snort up some schadenfreude.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I saw the title and thought it was yet another dead goon.

I am thankful it was not.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Simple, class action lawsuit. people spent money on this game and not offering a way to keep the stuff bought is basically ripping people off. I seen this coming a long time ago and just quit playing. You8 can claim that there's no ownership of in game items, but see how well that will hold up in court with hundreds, if not thousands in a class action lawsuit. You're not even making an effort, which is complete and utterly unacceptable considering the money you collected from players for this game. It doesn't matter how good EQN nor Landmark will be, I'll never play another SOE/Daybreak game again after dealing with the lack of customer service they give and how little they care for their players to pull something like this! I've said what I had to say and it is sad to find out I was right all along.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Kuai posted:

Simple, class action lawsuit. people spent money on this game and not offering a way to keep the stuff bought is basically ripping people off. I seen this coming a long time ago and just quit playing. You8 can claim that there's no ownership of in game items, but see how well that will hold up in court with hundreds, if not thousands in a class action lawsuit. You're not even making an effort, which is complete and utterly unacceptable considering the money you collected from players for this game. It doesn't matter how good EQN nor Landmark will be, I'll never play another SOE/Daybreak game again after dealing with the lack of customer service they give and how little they care for their players to pull something like this! I've said what I had to say and it is sad to find out I was right all along.

Just to give you some context, this is how pretty much everybody that plays a Daybreak Games Company game feels. Columbus Nova is milking every product dry until nothing comes out.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
gently caress all the haters. Dragon's Prophet brought us this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mosLyAdDyg

This could have been a Saturday morning cartoon. I haven't seen a trailer work so hard to make a game look like what it really isn't, and I played Watch Dogs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kuai posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're being honest or making a joke.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Is this the game where you had to go through a million load screens by Nexon? Or is this the one where you rode tauntauns

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This game had a pretty cool concept, like Rappelz V.2, and it somehow hosed it up as much as possible

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kuai posted:

Please source your quotes.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Has there ever been a lawsuit about in-game MMORPG bullshit that actually won in the case of the plaintiff

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

the tens of people who play are probably outraged

I tried this game for 4 minutes before uninstalling. I saw one other player.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

VictorKordes posted:

I tried this game for 4 minutes before uninstalling. I saw one other player.

well if you had played for five minutes you would have seen the other three thousand

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Node posted:

well if you had played for five minutes you would have seen the other three thousand

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cuckoo posted:

This game had a pretty cool concept, like Rappelz V.2, and it somehow hosed it up as much as possible

For real. Everything Is Dragons and You Are A Pokémon Master. Such a shame.

• Locked thread