Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
wtf is thi

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

are people going to get butthurt again if I link to 8chan? Because they're the ones doing the dumping

http://8ch.net/pol/res/3496101.html#3496101

i clicked on this link and within 10 seconds saw a picture of a dead woman that i can only hope was from a movie. maybe i wont click on 8ch.net links in the future

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmbo you clikced on that

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Bardeh posted:

i clicked on this link and within 10 seconds saw a picture of a dead woman that i can only hope was from a movie. maybe i wont click on 8ch.net links in the future

Good call. You should feel lucky you aren't wiping your HD right about now after clicking that link.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I googled what happened and all I could find was that Patreon had been hacked and all data before 2014 had been leaked about users. CC data and stuff was still safe and encrypted. Also no mention of pedos and whatnot.

op may be projecting.

also lol at anyone who actually clicked that 8chan link.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

lol

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/patreon-was-warned-of-serious-website-flaw-5-days-before-it-was-hacked/

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
patreon is dumber than kickstarter

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Yeah, I don't see anything about pedos

thanks for getting my hopes up OP

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pols pretty interesting the way they think jews and homosexuals are pedophiles

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

http://observer.com/2015/10/the-patreon-hack-14-gigabytes-of-trolling/

quote:

The Patreon hack appears to have been done by a troll looking to stir up GamerGate, but whoever was behind it has secured real data. The Observer previously reported that the hack may have been GamerGate related, because the hacker in question tweeted that he or she had done it for the online, decentralized movement about video game journalism.

it all comes back to ethics in game journalism

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So anything interesting leaked about anyone worthwhile? Aaron Diaz or Brianna Wu or any other patron stars?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

of loving course

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I assume it takes some kind of technical knowledge to do this so why are they all NEETs?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

So anything interesting leaked about anyone worthwhile? Aaron Diaz or Brianna Wu or any other patron stars?

those people aren't interesting

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

those people aren't interesting

They are in the same was the homeless man dressed like napoleon who hangs out at the bus stop is interesting

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

the hacker in question tweeted that he or she had done it for the online, decentralized movement about video game journalism.

i hope the human race goes extinct very, very soon

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

They are in the same was the homeless man dressed like napoleon who hangs out at the bus stop is interesting

not really. I kinda care about the napolean dude

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Uncle Wemus posted:

nope

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

i hope the human race goes extinct very, very soon

i'm really into humans, i don't follow gamer gate though.
hoping for more seasons.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What are hackers going to do with a giant database full of depressed people?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
did i miss some golden opportunity to steal money from pedos under some guise of .. supported "begging"?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
https://twitter.com/hashtag/gamergate?lang=en

Gamergate seems gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

What are hackers going to do with a giant database full of depressed people?

steal their money?

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
is it my imagination or did taint reaper posts/threads used to be tolerable

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

i'm really into humans, i don't follow gamer gate though.
hoping for more seasons.

in 2156 the united mars khanate of free colonies will send an expeditionary force to earths moon we're they'll land on the far side and drill into it's core, planting a clutch of thermonuclear warheads in it's center.

in earths last moments before 80 billion tons of moon rock comes crashing down and causes the crust to turn into a molten slurry of rock an interceptor signal will override earths carrier waves, interrupting global 24/7 streaming of the sexy pony gandumwing show and replacing it with the face of a man wearing a guy fawkes mask.

the last words earth bound humans will hear before being purged from the universe will be "we did it for the online, decentralized movement about video game journalism."

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

is it my imagination or did taint reaper posts/threads used to be tolerable

there weren't this bad before the racism crackdown on reddit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Digital Fingers posted:

in 2156 the united mars khanate of free colonies will send an expeditionary force to earths moon we're they'll land on the far side and drill into it's core, planting a clutch of thermonuclear warheads in it's center.

in earths last moments before 80 billion tons of moon rock comes crashing down and causes the crust to turn into a molten slurry of rock an interceptor signal will override earths carrier waves, interrupting global 24/7 streaming of the sexy pony gandumwing show and replacing it with the face of a man wearing a guy fawkes mask.

the last words earth bound humans will hear before being purged from the universe will be "we did it for the online, decentralized movement about video game journalism."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the guy who make questionable content makes like 150,000 a year on pateron

I will never understand why people pay that dude $10,000+ monthly for the comics equivalent of watching paint dry.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

as always im v. happy to hear a cool new song so thank you for this b/c i enjoyed it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Mentalizer posted:

I will never understand why people pay that dude $10,000+ monthly for the comics equivalent of watching paint dry.

me neither.

Digital Fingers posted:

as always im v. happy to hear a cool new song so thank you for this b/c i enjoyed it

Let it play the next few songs. I haven't heard a bad song yet

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

lol he was trolling idiots and even said so on his account before it was banned like MDE did months ago.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
"I'm going to claim i did this for white nationalism, feminism and gamergate. no way people can be dumb enough to buy it"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

wasn't expecting such a taint reaping tonight

taints will never be the same

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
can someone explain how its full of pedophiles to me tia

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demon Of The Fall posted:

What's a patreon

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Your Rain posted:

can someone explain how its full of pedophiles to me tia

it may not be full of pedophiles but it does keep pedophiles in business

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

wait so how was all of this found out, like what was actually leaked

I thought patreons were all publicly viewable anyway so how did this expose anything secret?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
post something funny from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
patreon is the worst thing to happen to art since Hitler

• Locked thread