Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
to gbs that turned it into a wannabe fyad/4chan thing from the genuine discussion forum it used to be i mean how did everyone go full retard here

gbs was always poo poo thats why i was dumb enough to spend :10bux: to buy an account yet look at this poo poo its like cod voice on xbone

(im serious what changed that allowed every post to be a shitpost)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

automaticswim posted:

to gbs that turned it into a wannabe fyad/4chan thing from the genuine discussion forum it used to be i mean how did everyone go full retard here

gbs was always poo poo thats why i was dumb enough to spend :10bux: to buy an account yet look at this poo poo its like cod voice on xbone

I heard it was something to do with this "gamers gate"

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

op looks like a fag

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mods knew

and then for a while it was good

"gamergate" happened, but mostly that got confined to its one awful thread and things were still ok

and then a big nest of racists on reddit got squashed and things have been getting worse and worse since

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

automaticswim posted:

Hang on a second, are you "trolling" me?

Because you're complaining about the new GBS but if you had made this same post in old GBS you would have been banned for improper punctuation and grammar :confused:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
here is the safeplace that all the other crybabies ran off too

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=167

enjoy!

e: lol one of the stickied threads is STOP REPORTING STUPID poo poo YOU IDIOTS

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
GBS sux thread of the week, loving *YAWN*

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
gbs feels a lot more like 01-04 gbs now (just older and more cynical) so the real question is what happened to cause the gbs you are referring to

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

"genuine discussion"

- a fag

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hey OP I don't know what you are talking about I am constantly discussing how gay you are with others. lol owned. Why am I so alone.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
enof fag talk i wana talk bout vidya games and dem ladies wit da big titays

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
also I do enjoy these meta threads until Ralp ends up arbitrarily gassing them. I look forward to Nooner's snype on page 2

----------------

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
"genuine discussion" still happens here, op. you just need to post a thoughtful thread and you'll spark some discussion. try it sometime!!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the answer is blowing in the wind

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
its a fart

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i took a poo poo and then ate my poo poo and then shitted it back out

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Go back to Reddit

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

The Rage posted:

Go back to Reddit

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Rage posted:

Go back to Reddit

Chill out, dickwad.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think that the name General Bullshit is a very apt description for this forum now. It's good.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Op, the college shooting thread got 2400 posts in one day, you know what to do

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I remember posting in a thread and telling "abe" that gbs was bad and he changed it the very next day. So in a way I'm the mom and he's the dad or at least I like to pretend it's that way.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

automaticswim posted:

halloween 2 years ago? maybe 3

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
3 out of 22 posts gave some slight insight as to why its like 4chan now, thanks

-a fag

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

halloween 2 years ago? maybe 3

it was 2: 2013

I know because it wasn't 2012 cause I joined that year

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SHISHKABOB posted:

it was 2: 2013

I know because it wasn't 2012 cause I joined that year

thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VCwBzGdPM

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

automaticswim posted:

-a fag

your answers will probably eventually come bit by bit a fag. no need to rush.

----------------

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

automaticswim posted:

-a fag

No mod fear. The banhammer is a floppy dildo batting your cheeks and probating you for 6 hours.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

automaticswim posted:

GBS used to allow being funny back in the old days then they stopped allowing that and it turned into a knock-kneed badforum and then SA started to crumble. Probably this was coincidental because new pieces of poo poo on the internet post on Twitter and Reddit now instead of forums rather than related to the fact that GBS was horrible and unfunny for a long time but eventually mods saw the light and allowed GBS to be funny again and it's swung a little too far to the real side these days maybe but I'm glad that it bothers ppl like you

Maybe after we get the blood pumpin again we can rein in on "i'm gay" and "ayy lmao" but for now it's yeehaw time

You should know this being regged in 2005, but maybe not. When did GBS become a carehard fagpile should be the real question, because it was really intolerable for a real long time and I never posted in here until Moses came down from Mt. Posting and told us that we no longer had to wear posting burkas and post like weenie sister men

BTW goodman Gobbo stopped coming to SA when GBS turned but he's a real gentle guy and just wants people to be nice and I'm sorry that people like him were driven away by all of this but we must make these forums great again and the way to do that is to allow comedy to step on everything else

raton fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 3, 2015

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

cool myth confirmed thanks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

drat horror queefs posted:

cool myth confirmed thanks

everyone in gbs is a fag

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Lord Binky posted:

I remember posting in a thread and telling "abe" that gbs was bad and he changed it the very next day. So in a way I'm the mom and he's the dad or at least I like to pretend it's that way.

abe was a huge part of what made hugbox gbs reel bad. better get your poo poo straight impostor!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

brizna posted:

gbs feels a lot more like 01-04 gbs now (just older and more cynical) so the real question is what happened to cause the gbs you are referring to

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
What is the difference between "carehard fagpile" and "genuine discussion" since anyone that posts more than 2 paragraphs gets eye rolled until a new page starts

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

brizna posted:

I look forward to Nooner's snype on page 2

same

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Sheep-Goats posted:

Maybe after we get the blood pumpin again we can rein in on "i'm gay" and "ayy lmao" but for now it's yeehaw time

whoa there buddy arbitrarily reining in on posts deemed "unfunny" by the mods is exactly what caused the problem in the first place.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

down n out posted:

What is the difference between "carehard fagpile" and "genuine discussion" since anyone that posts more than 2 paragraphs gets eye rolled until a new page starts

was that a question or a statement? there was no punctuation mark at the end so i cant tell

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

we post lots of "ironic" racism, sexism, and transphobia now so its good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (: