Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So Didier Droga came to Montreal and proceed to wreck poo poo in our retirement league to the tune of 7 goals, 1 assist in just 6 games. And because the East is so bad, he'll most likely have the opportunity to do the same in the playoffs. Not going to lie, a Montreal/Toronto playoff series would be loving awesome to watch. Which World Cup international who plied their trade at a storied European club can carry their Canadian club?...I'm of course talking about Michael Bradley for Toronto :laugh:

Speaking of playoffs, with most teams in the 3-4 games left, only 2 teams have secured playoff spots (NYRB, DC) and only 1 has been eliminated (Chicago). MLS in October: This poo poo Just Got Real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Someone go wake up Billy Joe Armstrong.

And wake up the Dynamo too.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Revs gonna win tonight

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's a windy cool grey day in Toronto with a 50% chance of rain at kickoff. I'll be enjoying cocktails at a dinner party. Go team!

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

its happening dot gif

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:laffo: NYRB

OK, apparently both teams decided in the tunnel "You know what? gently caress defense"

15' in and there's been 2 goals and 1 one yellow card for...persistent infringement? This one ought to be a barn burner.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 4, 2015

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That was some atrocious D by Columbus there.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
A lightning strike by Orlando... A lightning strike.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Well, that was the weirdest goal by Oduro. Anyone actually know whether the Fox commentator is right about that rule regarding goalies controlling the ball, or whether he's just being a homer?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I thought the keeper had to pick the ball up but once the keeper is in control the other player isn't allowed to strip him of it. Not sure of the exact wording though.

I would have thought it would be called off, but I also expected the impact player to have received a second yellow for almost attacking the ref.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Hey, we won a game!

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Vermes resting players in the league two games in a row

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Wondo fuckin owns

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I loving hate my garbage rear end team

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

In my best NBA Jam voice: Portland can't buy a goal!

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
god loving damnit Portland. Finish a god drat goal and don't let a guy dribble through 5 players. It was "messy-like" from the defense not "Messi-like" from Nemeth you dumb announcer

edit: lol at the end of the game Portland frustration shot at the empty net going off the crossbar and not in the goal

mushi fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 4, 2015

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Broletariat posted:

Vermes resting players in the league two games in a row

What I meant to say here is that Peter Vermes is a genius and Nemeth is the signing of the season.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

mushi posted:

edit: lol at the end of the game Portland frustration shot at the empty net going off the crossbar and not in the goal

Sums up the whole season, doesn't it?

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004
4 game win streak means there is still a small hope of the playoffs for Orlando City. Thank you other teams for saving the potential heartbreak until the bitter end of the season.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
Orlando's playoff hopes hinge on winning both of their remaining games (vs NYCFC [without Brek and Kaka due to yellow card accumulation] and at Philly) and having Montreal pick up no more than four points from their remaining four games (at NYRB, at Colorado, at New England, vs Toronto). It's the thinnest possible hope, but a hope nonetheless.

While looking up these numbers I saw that Chicago is winless on the road this year, 0-11-5. Has that ever happened before?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheNakedJimbo posted:

While looking up these numbers I saw that Chicago is winless on the road this year, 0-11-5. Has that ever happened before?

'14 Impact (0-12-5)
'13 DC United (0-14-3)
'11 Whitecaps (0-12-5)
'09 Red Bulls (0-13-2)
'05 RSL (0-14-2)
'03 Galaxy (0-9-6)

That's everything post-2000.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Orlando's playoff hopes hinge on winning both of their remaining games (vs NYCFC [without Brek and Kaka due to yellow card accumulation] and at Philly) and having Montreal pick up no more than four points from their remaining four games (at NYRB, at Colorado, at New England, vs Toronto). It's the thinnest possible hope, but a hope nonetheless.

please don't suggest toronto losing each of their last three games to finish in seventh is an impossibility

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Dallas look really really good and no one is there to see it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Seltzer posted:

Dallas look really really good and no one is there to see it.

Dallas Til Everyone Else Dies

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Huh, Colorado scored.

Edit: Apparently MLS knows something we don't

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 5, 2015

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Rapids gonna rapid....we're so lovely

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

whypick1 posted:

Huh, Colorado scored.

Edit: Apparently MLS knows something we don't

Well that lead was fun while it lasted. Kiss that participation trophy good-bye.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
So, uh, we won the Rocky Mountain Cup. I guess?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

WAIT, WHY ISN'T NEWBY DOING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM?!?!?!?

I don't care if your 13 years old, electrical guitar national anthems should be banned.

Ozzie's dad is an ECS capo today :unsmith:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 5, 2015

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

It's hilarious that there's a giant seahawk at midfield during the premier soccer match on sunday night.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Just turned on the hawks game how has Kam looked so far

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT SCOTT?!??

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Yikes

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
That was the worst loving pass.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Doesn't look good for the Seattle Football Sounders at this point. Galaxy are controlling with ease and Seattle hasn't really liked dangerous yet.

Yes, Sigi will make adjustments, but Arena's going to as well.

We'll see, though.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Sounders cannot pass

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Pungry posted:

The Sounders cannot pass

I take that back, they cannot finish

whypick1