Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I can't wait to learn how Mars is actually communism (red planet, see) and the film is about the neo-late-capitalist paradigm collapse and the emergence of an engineering-educated Trotskyist vanguard.

Like every other film CD has seen in the last 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Gaunab posted:

See Sicario instead. It's pretty good and intense.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mange Mite posted:

it actually means that when god created man he used material from mars for men and from venus for women

huh, so I wonder if we are going to find Mars' soil full of balls and penises growing in a lush field of pubes, and holy poo poo Venus must be covered in holes that you could twist an ankle on

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Is their three year long discussion on the merits of the Prequels over yet? Ill see a few hundred new posts, think "cool maybe theres some Star Wars news in there", but nope, its another several pages of debate on how the prequels mimic classic sci-fi and so on and so forth.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

cram me sideways posted:

Here is Matt Damon, being handsome on a soundstage in front of a greenscreen reciting dialogue that no loving person would ever utter in real life.

Eat your popcorn and laugh, you loving scum. You love science, don't you, you fat loving moron. Gosh, yes; NASA is great. They work in space! Space!!!! We're going to make you feel so smart by the time the credits roll. But don't worry - we made Mr. Damon act silly like a retarded monkey a couple of times just so you know this is alllllll an adventure. An adventure into your god drat loving wallet give it here give it GIVE ME YOUR loving MONEY YOU PIECE OF poo poo DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MATT DAMON COSTS

Space! He's on Mars! Come to the theaters! We despise each and every one of you.

Nah.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luvcow posted:

huh, so I wonder if we are going to find Mars' soil full of balls and penises growing in a lush field of pubes, and holy poo poo Venus must be covered in holes that you could twist an ankle on

no i mean like atoms and molecules and stuff

its all in the bible. read it sometime.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mange Mite posted:

no i mean like atoms and molecules and stuff

its all in the bible. read it sometime.

I don't want to get shot by some wacko though :ohdear:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Luvcow posted:

venus has a flash flood risk too a few times each month

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luvcow posted:

I don't want to get shot by some wacko though :ohdear:

your e more likely to get shot if you dont read it

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
does anyone actually like matt damon? he's the same character in every loving movie he's in

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Horniest Manticore posted:

does anyone actually like matt damon? he's the same character in every loving movie he's in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

pretty good, but they needed more "smug boston rear end in a top hat"

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

if murder does not enter your heart upon viewing this image then it is too late for you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pretty good, but they needed more "smug boston rear end in a top hat"

this one liner owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2locp7EDAw

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

boom! barry bringing the heat

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

cram me sideways posted:

if murder does not enter your heart upon viewing this image then it is too late for you

does he even TRY to play different characters in different movies? like, that's kind of the point of acting, isn't it?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
it's not even a loving children's cartoon and he's doing the god drat loving dreamworks eyebrow thing what the gently caress you smug piece of loving poo poo argh gently caress ANGRY

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
photoshop shrek's face in the helmet and replace the words BRING HIM HOME with OGRES HAVE LAYERS

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

cram me sideways posted:

it's not even a loving children's cartoon and he's doing the god drat loving dreamworks eyebrow thing what the gently caress you smug piece of loving poo poo argh gently caress ANGRY

I think that poster is an effective and accurate depiction of the movie. It's just that the movie itself is sort of smug and annoying

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Lotta people in here upset at handsome actor's face.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
is it as bad as interstellar

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
imagine keir dullea's character in 2001 having that loving expression

loving imagine him having witty reparte with HAL just rife with double entendre and innuendo

loving imagine him playing AC/DC as he goes to fix the antenna, drumming his fingertips on the console

imagine my huge fat loving form slowly rising from the depths of infinite space to loving eat this piece of poo poo alive

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i rate the movie 7/10 pirateninjas

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

I think that poster is an effective and accurate depiction of the movie. It's just that the movie itself is sort of smug and annoying

matt damon's gonna science the poo poo out of you

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Lotta people in here upset at handsome actor's face.

They can't tolerate how symmetrical it is.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

im gonna watch it on sheer principle now b/c of this thread

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
give him sunglasses. give matt damon some loving space sunglasses to wear so nobody can make eye contact with him while he's on mars growing potatoes and making webinars so he can jack off to himself later. do it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If you have a Neil Degrasse Tyson movie poster in your studio apartment, you will be really excited over this movie.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
actual blurb from the NYT review

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
btw none of you or your kids or your grandkids are going to loving mars. you are not going to space. ever. none of this poo poo is happening, and none of it's for any good in any fashion. its governmental bodies jacking themselves off with too much loving money and making an appeal to higher intelligence, as if that were the only prerequisite to get on a rocket and go look at stars through a porthole the size of a hamster's rear end in a top hat. they have learned nothing and brought back nothing, and every endeavor beyond earth's atmosphere is for its own sake. rooting for some dipshit bouncing around the ISS is like rooting for your local sports team - it means nothing and accomplishes just as much.

if you actually want to do something meaningful and awe inspiring in this lifetime, why not try to fix the blue marble you've already hosed up instead of looking into a telescope and going GOSH I WONDER WHAT THE CRAB NEBULA IS LIKE

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

cram me sideways posted:

btw none of you or your kids or your grandkids are going to loving mars. you are not going to space. ever. none of this poo poo is happening, and none of it's for any good in any fashion. its governmental bodies jacking themselves off with too much loving money and making an appeal to higher intelligence, as if that were the only prerequisite to get on a rocket and go look at stars through a porthole the size of a hamster's rear end in a top hat. they have learned nothing and brought back nothing, and every endeavor beyond earth's atmosphere is for its own sake. rooting for some dipshit bouncing around the ISS is like rooting for your local sports team - it means nothing and accomplishes just as much.

if you actually want to do something meaningful and awe inspiring in this lifetime, why not try to fix the blue marble you've already hosed up instead of looking into a telescope and going GOSH I WONDER WHAT THE CRAB NEBULA IS LIKE

hey man, do you have like a small soft animal you could pet right now? it might be a good idea to do that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Would it be possible to shoot Matt Damon into space?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
when casting it I wonder if it ever occurred to them thats its a big chunk of interstellar's cast. seems like this movie would've benefited from someone thinking that. or maybe thats the plan, sort of like casting Marlon Brando in The Freshman. :shrug:

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

hey man, do you have like a small soft animal you could pet right now? it might be a good idea to do that

His mom told him masturbation was bad.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Phlairdon posted:

His mom told him masturbation was bad.

i mean, i think matt damon sucks and all, but cmon now

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
*goes 2 space* i hath slipped the surly bonds of earth and found out, uh oh, this isn't like my animes at all. in fact, it loving sucks out here. *waves frantically at iPad* hi mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
Im the 30 second Chinese propaganda scene awkwardly shoehorned into the movie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

Im the 30 second Chinese propaganda scene awkwardly shoehorned into the movie

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
I don't have a problem with Matt Damon. I have a problem with nerds who love GoT and LotR fantasy movies with elves and poo poo, but when a science FICTION movie is made (e.g., Gravity, Interstellar) they sperg out about how the rotational axis of the ship would have made some scene impossible and scoff at how stupid the movie is

• Locked thread