Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I knew I was right to choose Manchester city as my team. We've come a long way lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Broletariat posted:

Do they basically just ban people for having opinions?
yes i got banned for suggesting that maybe suarez did do a racism. "go back to redcafe" was the ban message.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

vyelkin posted:

lol listen to this from his post-match interview
Big Brenda was a farce by the end and I'm so glad I don't have to any more of his moronic press interviews. Thanks for getting us close, good luck.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I knew I was right to choose Manchester city as my team. We've come a long way lads
think i might hop aboard the man blues train. they're only down the road and it's like opening the banter hamper.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Dunban posted:

It was his own name in the envelope all along

Three mirrors

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Did you guys see that ludicrous display by united? I haven't seen them play this season but they looked loving dire. Arsenal played an incredible 20 minutes of football and basically sat on their hands for the rest of the game and united could barely get a shot in.

Hell, they looked Chelsea bad.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

For a moment here I had a brain freeze and imagined Roy Keane, Liverpool Manager

It was beautiful, like the dawn

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quiet enjoyment posted:

Did you guys see that ludicrous display by united? I haven't seen them play this season but they looked loving dire. Arsenal played an incredible 20 minutes of football and basically sat on their hands for the rest of the game and united could barely get a shot in.

Hell, they looked Chelsea bad.

We were shocking in those 20 minutes and Arsenal took their chances well, but if not for Cech (like, if Ospina had been in goal) it'd have ended 3-3.

I've no idea why van Gaal's tactics were to leave the defence so exposed, Schweinsteiger and Carrick aren't quick enough, it's baffling Schneiderlin didn't start, or at least have Rooney on Cazorla when not in possession.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
There was acres of space between man u's back four and midfield whenever arsenal attacked it was amazing they didn't score more either.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

8raz posted:

the exact same applies to arsenal tbh

He wouldn't do as good of a job at Arsenal, but there would be more melting down.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

We were shocking in those 20 minutes and Arsenal took their chances well, but if not for Cech (like, if Ospina had been in goal) it'd have ended 3-3.

lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ninpo posted:

I've no idea why van Gaal's tactics were to leave the defence so exposed, Schweinsteiger and Carrick aren't quick enough, it's baffling Schneiderlin didn't start, or at least have Rooney on Cazorla when not in possession.

Jesus Christ Ninpo

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Ninpo posted:

maybe 3-1 or 3-2 but no way ospina doesn't flub all those chances

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Actually I'm in full agreement with Ninpo that if we'd scored three goals and not conceeded three goals the result would have been a lot better for us

Shroud
May 11, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Actually I'm in full agreement with Ninpo that if we'd scored three goals and not conceeded three goals the result would have been a lot better for us

A bold position to take - let's all try to refrain from meltdowns.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Arsenal should've scored 5 or 6 but they didn't cause Giroud and Ramsey aren't as cool and good as Sanchez

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ninpo posted:

If Arsenal's players were worse the result would have been different. Stunning insight

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
After some soul searching, Ancelotti has apparently decided to opt out of the race to become Liverpool manager

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Classic Ninpo

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ninpo posted:

we should all thank our lucky stars a TalkSport employee posts here

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Brony Car posted:

You shut your mouth.
How can you say,
I spend money on players the wrong way?

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I don't see what's so absurd about Ninpo's comment. Cech was very good from the part of the match I saw. Ospina is bad. What's so weird about pointing that out?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't see what's so absurd about Ninpo's comment. Cech was very good from the part of the match I saw. Ospina is bad. What's so weird about pointing that out?

Ospina is pretty bad but not so bad he couldn't stop any shot put at him. Ramsay missed an absolute sitter and Ox hit the crossbar in the final minute. It could just have easily been 5-3 as 3-3, or 0-0 if De Gea had been much much better.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

It's a massive overstatement. Ospina had an awful cock up, but it's not like you'd expect him to miss saves he should have made. Cech had one great save, but saying it should have been 3-3 is ridiculous.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Gigi Galli posted:

I think the alternate timeline posts (e.g. "if X, Y and Z had happened instead...") have always been mocked a little because you can imagine up any outcome you want so it's kind of pointless?

The phrase "if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle" springs to mind : https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/if_my_aunt_had_balls,_she%27d_be_my_uncle

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Ospina really isn't bad. Yes he cocked it up vs. Olympiacos but last season and at the Copa America he was a very good shotstopper. I hope he'll rebound in the FA/League Cup.

Octo1
May 7, 2009
Maybe Liverpool can get Mourinho if they wait a little while.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Octo1 posted:

Maybe Liverpool can get Mourinho if they wait a little while.

I bet if Mourinho gets the boot this season, it'll be after a win rather than a loss or tie.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Why would Dick Advocaat walk away from his job unless he got a better offer. Liverpool is going to be dick

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

corpuscollossus posted:

Ospina is pretty bad but not so bad he couldn't stop any shot put at him. Ramsay missed an absolute sitter and Ox hit the crossbar in the final minute. It could just have easily been 5-3 as 3-3, or 0-0 if De Gea had been much much better.

1-0 at the worst. Even if de Gea had been set better for Sanchez's goals there was no way he was getting to Ozil's. Completely unsighted and the ball was placed perfectly in the corner.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

blue footed boobie posted:

It's a massive overstatement. Ospina had an awful cock up, but it's not like you'd expect him to miss saves he should have made. Cech had one great save, but saying it should have been 3-3 is ridiculous.

You're right

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Byolante posted:

Why would Dick Advocaat walk away from his job unless he got a better offer. Liverpool is going to be dick

He's done it before I think

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Makes u think

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
If the goalie didn't stop all of those shots then the score would have been different

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Wat if Arsenal would of had Jozy in goal I bet they lose 3-420 then

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
More intrigued by where Brendan will head off to next than saddened by his departure. As soon as he got those veneers bolted on and went prancing about on holiday with ladies other than his wife, it was pretty clear the spotlight and moderate success had changed him more than he had changed the club. Would be over the moon if we pulled Klopp, but yeah, frog....wings....etc.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Monk to Liverpool, Roogers to Swansea

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

what a week that turned out to be

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

he wanted to retire after last season and they convinced him to stay and so he signed a year contract and said he'd quit if it wasn't going well then they let him sign a bunch of players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

can't wait to read all sorts of negative stuff about Rodgers that leaks out from FSG to make them look good

• Locked thread