Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
chelsea more like chelmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Yes. YES.

His face is like a cartoon thermometer

corpuscollossus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I agree that Mourinho needs to drop some players, but I I disagree about squad depth.

Chelsea need 1 additional defender and a player who can backup Cesc. I don't really think that's any worse than Arsenal who need a striker and a DM. Or City who could use a GK and a striker. I think Chelsea's squad depth is fine. No team would look good with as many players looking out of sorts as Chelsea have right now.

It was a mistake to sell Schurrle and KDB, but Chelsea brought in replacements for them, so it really didn't impact squad depth.

You're also heavily reliant on Costa. Falcao is done and Remy isn't the level required for Chelsea's ambitions.

Mourinho's model is only sustainable with huge expenditure every season. For whatever reason Chelsea didn't do that this season and they're suffering because of it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9baePPZfRYA

literally starts with "its the refs' fault"

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

You're also heavily reliant on Costa. Falcao is done and Remy isn't the level required for Chelsea's ambitions.

Mourinho's model is only sustainable with huge expenditure every season. For whatever reason Chelsea didn't do that this season and they're suffering because of it.

I agree with this. There was a huge reluctance to spend for some reason when we were in a good position to attract talent.

Costa was always a suspension risk and an injury one. Instead of reinforcing an injury prone Costa and Remy they brought in an injury prone failure.

Chelsea seem to have too many people wanting to play football manager with buying and selling players and turning them over. The whole mess of the summer points to some backstage problems. Mou signed a late contract and they went all in on signings, but way too late.

The regulars are knackered after limping over the line last season, the team didn't look good since turning over Swansea in January.

tldr: Rafa in

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
the Arnautovich-Bojan-Walters setup behind a striker are starting to really come good and I am kinda in awe of some of the plays they are making.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Literally The Worst posted:

chelsea more like chelmno

Mods???

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
They were inexplicably* fired to the stratosphere but now there's no more energy in them they've drifted back down to their natural level

*good teams stood by and did nothing

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

EvilHawk posted:

You could also argue Courtois is a youth player they've integrated.
You really couldn't. They bought him at 19 in 2011, then immediately sent him on loan to Atletico for three seasons. He's about as much of a Chelsea-product as Hazard.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Byolante posted:

the Arnautovich-Bojan-Walters setup behind a striker are starting to really come good and I am kinda in awe of some of the plays they are making.

I miss the talentless cloggers of old.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Psybro posted:

FWIW Gary Cahill has never been good enough
This is true.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Scherloch posted:

You really couldn't. They bought him at 19 in 2011, then immediately sent him on loan to Atletico for three seasons. He's about as much of a Chelsea-product as Hazard.

Hmm I thought they had bought him younger than that.

Daily Mail are reporting that Dick has left, will be confirmed later today.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Very funny to see Liverpool fans detract attention from their lamentable performance so far this season by criticising other teams...a technique developed by sir Alex Ferguson and perfected by... Jose Mourinho???

Me? I'll stick to posting about my club, man u, and how I expect to take full points from today's match with perennial nearly men arsenal.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
chelsea will not get back above :stoke: in the table this season until jose has been sacked

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
See? Much more subtle.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The most hilarious thing about Chelsea is how quickly fans have turned... this team won you a title last season, some key players are under performing.. instead of saying that, they sound very, very hostile. Almost like they wish death to these players that got them a title trophy last season.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Arsenal fans go back and forth every week

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

T Bowl posted:

The most hilarious thing about Chelsea is how quickly fans have turned... this team won you a title last season, some key players are under performing.. instead of saying that, they sound very, very hostile. Almost like they wish death to these players that got them a title trophy last season.

they would throw anyone under the bus to avoid having to criticise mourinho

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So Cheslea are really bad and Southampton are really good? I reckon :getin:

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

excuse me lady posted:

They won't be having a bus to throw anyone under this year

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

hadji murad posted:

Well Arsenal have won a title in 11 years, and still, I don't see THIS kind of anger directed at them most of the time.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Advocaat's gone, confirmed by Sunderland.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

T Bowl posted:

Well Arsenal have won a title in 11 years, and still, I don't see THIS kind of anger directed at them most of the time.

I have a few hundred Chelsea fans on my Twitter and haven't seen anything like you're exaggerating

I'm sure there are a few people but lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

hadji murad posted:

I have a few hundred Chelsea fans on my Twitter and haven't seen anything like you're exaggerating

I'm sure there are a few people but lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

EvilHawk posted:

Advocaat's gone, confirmed by Sunderland.

According to the Guardian yesterday the Director of Football is following him out

Sunderland are basically fully hosed and they're going to hire Big Sam

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FullLeatherJacket posted:

According to the Guardian yesterday the Director of Football is following him out

Sunderland are basically fully hosed and they're going to hire Big Sam

Roy Keane is trimming his beard for an interview on Monday according to twitter itks

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

more likely a few loud doofuses get amplified like we will see with Arsenal or United fans tomorrow unless there's a draw

fake edit: nice meltdown (me)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

don't you mean back and fourth?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

julian assflange posted:

Roy Keane is trimming his beard for an interview on Monday according to twitter itks

This seems like an inexplicably bad idea considering how poorly it went the first time round

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

T Bowl posted:

Could that be because arsenal fans - rightfully - have lower expectations, and are anyway more comfortable talking about house prices than football?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

This seems like an inexplicably bad idea considering how poorly it went the first time round

I hope it happens though

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

I think its high time we tested the managerial mettle of a new generation of man u players. Step forward John O'Shea and his assistant Wes Brown.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

And that's why we must wish as hard as possible for it to happen

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Guardian went the easy way and just picked 3 unemployed managers with Premier League experiece in Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson and Sam Allardyce to take over at Sunderland.

I hope they hire Big Sam, I miss seeing his giant cinderblock head on the touchline.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think I speak for all of us when I say come back Big Nige

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to Allardici at the Bridge

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

MrBling posted:

Guardian went the easy way and just picked 3 unemployed managers with Premier League experiece in Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson and Sam Allardyce to take over at Sunderland.

I hope they hire Big Sam, I miss seeing his giant cinderblock head on the touchline.

I think it'll be Dyche. He almost got the job before the season when Big Dick wanted to leave. Probably not much has changed.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Breath Ray posted:

Could that be because arsenal fans - rightfully - have lower expectations, and are anyway more comfortable talking about house prices than football?

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

excuse me lady posted:

Yeah but quite a lot of football fans find it difficult to criticise their dickhead manager when hes achieved a lot there. Plus, Chelsea do have an owner thats more than happy to listen to fans criticising the manager and then act on their complaints.

I think its pretty funny. Mourinho is one of the biggest cunts in football and he keeps reaching new levels of cuntery, so its quite fun to see him destroying his legacy through his own incompetence and ego.

• Locked thread