Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

corpuscollossus posted:

Hernandez has scored 6 in 4 for Leverkusen. It's just strange that Van Gaal got shot of Falcao, RVP and Hernandez and now really only has Wilson as a back up.

You're ignoring the fact that Hernandez wouldnt work in this system at all. If he's that good why did Real Madrid not follow up their option to buy him?

RVP and Falcao would have been too overpriced to sit on the bench. And given they both failed last year in the formation I dont know why you would want to keep them.

I actually weirdly think Gomis would be a good fit for the way Van Gaal wants to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
its OK taff I've got this

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Breath Ray posted:

its OK taff I've got this

All your posts have been spot on I cant believe these abus tbh

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Chicharito" is bad at football.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

The Big Taff Man posted:

I actually weirdly think Gomis would be a good fit for the way Van Gaal wants to play
Ineffective and reluctant to shoot, sounds like it matches the Van Gaal philosophy.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Chas McGill posted:

Ineffective and reluctant to shoot, sounds like it matches the Van Gaal philosophy.

you forgot old and slow

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I have to assume that Hernandez moves around so much because of his wages. He should have been a perfectly adequate back up for United or Real.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently Schneiderlin is injured now. That's not good!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gomis would be excellent for United and I hope they don't offer us £10m for him in January I would be crying as I drove him all the way to Old Trafford.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

All your posts have been spot on I cant believe these abus tbh

I know taff its sad more than anything. tell me a bit about lvgs system tho. if we're after a striker I'd take a look at lucas joao the Portuguese sensation at Wednesday

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Gomis would be excellent for United and I hope they don't offer us £10m for him in January I would be crying as I drove him all the way to Old Trafford.

Hes a strong donkey who doesnt like running he'd be perfect for the system

Breath Ray posted:

I know taff its sad more than anything. tell me a bit about lvgs system tho. if we're after a striker I'd take a look at lucas joao the Portuguese sensation at Wednesday

The thing is people talk about Chicarito and dont see the issue is we arent creating chances, there would be no point having him in the team unless you're creating chances for him to finish, he does nothing to help build up play.

Why wait till wednesday, lets check him out today.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Hes a strong donkey who doesnt like running he'd be perfect for the system

The thing is people talk about Chicarito and dont see the issue is we arent creating chances, there would be no point having him in the team unless you're creating chances for him to finish, he does nothing to help build up play.

Why wait till wednesday, lets check him out today.

ha igi. Yeah lilke i said chica is an archdtypal luxury pplayer who scores when we're playing well. I do miss having a poacher like Sheri, ole or owen though. He could drive in fellainis knockdowns.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ole was a great player and its often forgotten that part of the reason Fergie was so willing to let Beckham go was because Ole had made the right midfield spot his own, and then immediately after the window closed he got injured and missed most of the next two years.

Its unfair and somewhat stupid to compare someone as good a footballer as him to someone like Hernandez imo.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

I have to assume that Hernandez moves around so much because of his wages. He should have been a perfectly adequate back up for United or Real.

I think it is because he is a footballer and he wants to play football matches instead of sitting on the bench.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Oh absolutely taff, and if you can find someone who does that you let me know. But as I say we're in a good position considering the upheaval, bedding in new players, and so on. Really pleased with our new transfers and de gea staying. Hopefully Damian comes back stronger.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Once again Costa cunting up the league with his behavior. Feel bad for the pool but at least you guys got the points.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

At least Skrtel didn't retaliate, because I'm sure he would have been carded while Costa got away with it

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I think United are a team that can make a striker of Javier's quality look bad. He's not a clinging pivot because he prefers the ball in the back of the net. Tearing the Bundesliga a new one at the minute, the most competitive league on the planet.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
big time Vardy fan here

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Weaponized Cum posted:

big time Vardy fan here

I also enjoy racism.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MrBling posted:

I think it is because he is a footballer and he wants to play football matches instead of sitting on the bench.

Nothing wrong with making substitute appearances, collecting trophies and being a shoe-in for selection for your national team.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
That's shoo-in.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

I'm sorry you don't live in Wallis, where life is good and the pizzas are even better.

Wrongest, weirdest post i've ever seen on SA

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Somebody make a november thread for this, the most competitive league in Europe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It actually seems pretty competitive now that some of the big boys are poo poo, don't take that the wrong way.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Gigi Galli posted:

Somebody make a november thread for this, the most competitive league in Europe.

I don't think the Championship needs monthly threads

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
is serie a not the tmost competitive league right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Broletariat posted:

is serie a not the tmost competitive league right now?

No it's always the Barclay's m8 now make a loving thread!!!

• Locked thread