Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Everything about this is amazing.

Chelsea are real bad and yet Rodgers will still probably beat Mourinho to the sack race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Like I said in the other thread- Chelsea hosed up by not integrating their youth. Their squad is paper thin and there is no competition for places. That's why Mourinho teams aren't sustainable.

I'm not sure you can really say this anymore. Zouma has been in the starting lineup a lot this season, and Loftus-Cheek has been on the bench for most of it. They've also had a couple of others around, but those two seem to be the hottest youth talent. You could also argue Courtois is a youth player they've integrated.

Mourinho picks the same XI (with a couple of additions) but their biggest issue is that teams have discovered that if you play a fast counter-attacking team against them they have a paper-thin defence. Once you get around their fullbacks (and specifically Ivanovic) you can get a free run on goal and their CBs are too old/slow/young to stop you.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Also there's a rumour going around that Klopp has already signed a three year deal and it'll be announced tomorrow. Personally I don't see any movement being made until midweek so we'll see if that bears out.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Scherloch posted:

You really couldn't. They bought him at 19 in 2011, then immediately sent him on loan to Atletico for three seasons. He's about as much of a Chelsea-product as Hazard.

Hmm I thought they had bought him younger than that.

Daily Mail are reporting that Dick has left, will be confirmed later today.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Advocaat's gone, confirmed by Sunderland.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Holy gently caress it's actually happened.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

vyelkin posted:

lol listen to this from his post-match interview

So glad we don't have to deal with this bullshit anymore. Hopefully we get in a nice foreign manager.

edit: and on that note, either Ancelotti will come in or Klopp has already agreed. Either way something should be announced soon.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

LionYeti posted:

According to Raff Honigstein Liverpool haven't talked with Klopp yet
https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/650743793285746689

This was the guy who said Shaqiri was having a medical with us that never happened.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Weaponized Cum posted:

Who's gonna be the interim manager?

We don't need one, the new guy will be appointed by Friday.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

TheRat posted:

Did Liverpool hang on to their strict transfer-committee thing? I cant picture any of the bigshots working under that.

It was removed in the summer. Rodgers had the final sign off on all transfers.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Not sure what your point is but the decision was apparently made as early as after the West Ham loss, and certainly last Thursday it was definite. It wasn't a sudden knee jerk decision.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mourinho's been charged for being a massive whiny oval office for his entirely truthful and honest comments to the media

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

By the way, basically everywhere is saying Klopp will be announced by the end of the week.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

All the ITKs and Liverpool journos going wild about Klopp arriving by Helicopter and a presser being arranged.

This was after he told German journos that he's "going home".

That was yesterday.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

We're getting Klopp, Sunderland are getting... Bob Bradley apparently?

It'll be nice to have a manager other teams are jealous of for a change.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

vyelkin posted:

That Suarez bullet header right into the corner from the edge of the area (off an Aly Cissokho cross lmao) against West Brom I think was also ridiculous, best header I've ever seen.

That's my favourite goal. Came out of loving nowhere.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

c0burn posted:

5 times bitch

lmao

Can't believe I watched that for 5 minutes what am I doing with my life

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

blue footed boobie posted:

I would expect him to take over A Big Club in the summer. Taking over a team in 10th in October that just spent a bunch of money to get worse is surprising in this boobie's opinión.

Bolded the important part of that statement. It's only October, and we're not exactly far off top 4.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I think the Liverpool FC corrupted Brendan. He was never like that at Chelsea or Swansea. Now you can easily picture him saying racist things and crushing Juve fans.

loving hell man

Urgh those smiles :barf:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Sunderland have agreed a deal with Big Sam Allardyce

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 9, 2015

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I feel bad for Valdes, he could have come to Liverpool and more than likely usurped Mignolet but we pissed about with giving him a contract and he got stuck with United.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Jesus christ why does anyone listen to Collymore.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34534064

quote:

Jose Mourinho: Chelsea manager fined by FA for comments

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been given a suspended one-match stadium ban and fined £50,000 by the Football Association for comments made about match officials.
Mourinho had claimed officials were "afraid" to award his team penalties after Robert Madley denied Chelsea a spot-kick in a 3-1 loss to Southampton.
The FA charged that his comments "imply bias on the part of a match official".
Mourinho's ban will only be enforced if he repeats the offence within a year.

Understatement of the century. Ridiculous punishment.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sturridge is unlikely to start again Spurs. Thank gently caress we have a lot of strikers this season as they're dropping like flies. Shame Origi isn't actually any good.

Leaked line up is this

Mig
Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
Lucas-Can
Milner-Coutinho-Lallana
Origi

Not many goals in that team but we do seem to get good results against Tottenham regardless of who is available.

Also a few young players have traveled. Conor Randall, Jerome Sinclair and Chivarella.

This has been confirmed, though not necessarily that formation. The leaked lineup I saw yesterday had Milner and Lucas holding with Can in front, Coutinho and Lallana out wide.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747216

there you go

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hoops posted:

Joe Allen is a perfectly fine squad player. I mean yeah, if we can improve the depth then absolutely get someone better in, but I don't see Joe Allen being on the books as a massive problem.

3 out of 4 strikers being out is just bad luck imo, it's not yet suggestive of any problems with the medical staff or anything at this stage. Don't think it's a good idea ot buy a fifth striker or anything as there's nothing to suggest that striker injuries will be a recurring problem. Ings is a one-off serious injury, Klopp says Benteke will be back next weekend. Sturridge is the only issue of concern for being crocked all the time. It's only when Sturridge and Benteke are both injured at the same time that it really hits the team hard.

It's also worth mentioning that Sturridge could have played today (from the bench most likely), but Klopp didn't want to risk him. I think under Rodgers he would've played and aggravated something, so I'm not particularly worried.

It's lovely luck that it's all happened at once (especially Ings) but next week we'll have three out of four fit enough for the bench at least.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Redundant posted:

Isn't Benteke a pretty consistent crock as well? Villa posters will know more but I thought his thing was taking ages to recover from injury, finding form and beasting it for a bit and then picking up another injury and going back to square 1.

I'm pretty sure he's only had one serious injury at Villa. No idea about before.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

"Tactics" Tim Sherwood has been sacked.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Dwight Yorke says he wants the role lmao

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Southampton's relegations have done them good in the long run but there's been a fair few lovely years in between.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Someone make a MDT:

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 23s23 seconds ago
Confirmed #LFC team v @ChelseaFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino

Confirmed #LFC subs v @ChelseaFC: Bogdan, Lovren, Benteke, Allen, Ibe, Teixeira, Randall

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Give the Chelsea website a touchline ban

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Rob Elliott apparently got injured in the game today, so Newcastle now have no goalkeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Just saw Jose's post match interview with the BBC, lol he's lost the plot entirely

• Locked thread