Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Man, what happened to him. He used to be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Let's not forget that this is nearly the same team that walked the league last season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Arsenal fans go back and forth every week

don't you mean back and fourth?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Where is the Wenger Out crowd today?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Rodgers has been sacked.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/195175-liverpool-fc-part-company-with-brendan-rodgers

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

For real.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

A shame really. He was so perfect for Liverpool.

I assume a replacement us already lined up?

Official statement says "The process to appoint a new manager is underway." which could go either way really but I imagine it means they've already got someone lined up.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol listen to this from his post-match interview

quote:

But Rodgers added: "There are two points: the first is I don't feel any pressure, I can honestly say that.
"There is pressure to sell newspapers and make stories and I understand and respect that. My job is to worry about the team, that is the only pressure I will feel.
"People will want to put pressure on for different reasons. I don't feel it, I don't want it but anything externally, there is no drama.
"I have never felt anything other than secure. That is not being complacent. I was brought here to do a job, I signed a new deal (in May 2014) and the owners know it takes time."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It'll be Mourinho imo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Why did Dick Advocaat quit his job today

He got a call from FSG.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Klopp isn't some wizard that's going to magically resolve the fact that Liverpool have made some terrible transfers and guarantee them a top four spot this season, it seems pretty weird that Liverpool spent what they spent in the summer then sacked the manager 8 games into the season.

I heard one theory that they wanted to appoint him in the summer but he wanted a break before managing again after leaving Dortmund so they let Rodgers hang on for the beginning of the season as basically a dead man walking, just keeping the seat warm until Klopp was ready.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

I'm hesitant to boom because with the boom always comes the bust.

A good bust every now and then is good for your prostate.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That Suarez bullet header right into the corner from the edge of the area (off an Aly Cissokho cross lmao) against West Brom I think was also ridiculous, best header I've ever seen.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

Did you not watch holland at the last world cup?

Lmao forgot all about Rvp when I wrote that. Well Suarez is definitely top 2 then.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sturridge and Bentekkers are good strikers, Ings is decent so far and Origi was named one of the worst strikers in France last year.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah but how do they compare to a 1995 Ford Mondeo??

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

T Bowl posted:

Klopp is gonna flopp

Klopp's Kop Flop

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A bunch of Liverpool's backroom team have been sacked in anticipation of Klopp's appointment.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34460797

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Plus, it would be really funny if he scored his 100th Premier League goal against West Ham considering how much poo poo we gave him.

Since he's currently only on 70 goals this would be quite an achievement and probably justify his signing by Sunderland imo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Not a great match but at least Klopp didn't lose his first one in charge. I'm just waiting for the first loss so we can get headlines like Stop! Klopp's Kop Flop: Jurgen Plopp Drops Pop at Top

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

julian assflange posted:

Don't recall this, OP. Not even Tarbrush or Evilhawk were so bold.

I'm for sure swaggering, Liverpool have the best manager in the world and the best team in the world and we're bringing home this year's Premier League and Champions League, I already got the tattoos.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

I just think it's sadly typical of the whole hive mind in here

if trp is a hive then who is the queen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Remember when Grant Holt scored 15 goals in the Premier League? He didn't turn out to be a worldbeater either.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
tim sherwood is A Good Manager and clearly this is all someone else's fault

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
apparently Sherwood's 28 matches is the shortest term of any permanent Villa manager

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Reminder that Diego Costa played street football until the age of "sixteen" so nobody actually knows how old he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Kloppmania is gonna run wild on Chelsea tomorrow.

• Locked thread