Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Guardian went the easy way and just picked 3 unemployed managers with Premier League experiece in Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson and Sam Allardyce to take over at Sunderland.

I hope they hire Big Sam, I miss seeing his giant cinderblock head on the touchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm simultaneously surprised and unsurprised at him being fired.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Can't wait to see Sean Dyche in the Liverpool dugout.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

flyingkiwi posted:

I'm not even remotely surprised that Aguero got injured for Argentina immediately after hitting form

He was carrying an injury prior to the international break. Of course, this was a brand new injury rather than the same one he already had.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Tsaedje posted:

Kolarov's injured too, loving kill me

did he get injured after he got sent off?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

quote:

FIFA have confirmed to Sky Sports News HQ that they are investigating Eliaquim Mangala's transfer from Porto to Manchester City for a possible breach of third-party ownership rules.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10028559/eliaquim-mangalas-manchester-city-transfer-investigated-by-fifa

Of course, Porto is only team that might be in trouble but that won't stop a click-bait headline.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

quote:

Manchester City have announced a £10.7m profit, the first since Sheikh Mansour became owner in 2008 and subsequently invested £1bn-plus in the club.

City, who also reported a record annual revenue of £351.8m and a seventh successive year of growth, said the positive figures followed “the retention and recruitment of a variety of regional and global commercial partners”. Commercial revenue was up 4% to £173m, and broadcast revenue up 2% to £135.4m, despite matchday revenue decreasing by 9% to £43.3m.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/14/manchester-city-profit-owner-sheikh-mansour

Clear proof that FFP works, no need to do anything more.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I hope Spurs will beat Liverpool and make Klopp mad about choosing a bad team to manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

I have to assume that Hernandez moves around so much because of his wages. He should have been a perfectly adequate back up for United or Real.

I think it is because he is a footballer and he wants to play football matches instead of sitting on the bench.

• Locked thread