Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Can we have Luis Suarez back now? It would settle some arguments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Brendan is a good guy.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

Klopp or Ancelotti please (unlikely but I have to believe FSG have learnt their lesson of gambling with managers)
Still think "gambling" is a bit much, when you use it to mean "getting anyone other than probably the most consistent manager in Europe for the last 15 years, or the most highly rated young manager in the world". Hiring a manager with a decent record that had had some successes previously wouldn't be gambling, it would just be making the same kind of appointment as every other club in the world does when they get in a new manager, as they do every three years. Jamie Carragher for manager would be a gamble.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

What indication has Ancelotti ever given that he's looking to manage a team outside the Champions League? De Boer seems more Liverpool's level
He said no to Milan. He's not going to say yes to Liverpool.

Klopp has said plenty of nice things about Liverpool, it's not impossible. But I think it'll be de Boer now and I'd be happy with that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'd take Mourinho and a £300m transfer budget.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Whoever it is, all I really want is that they can make us dream again.

Edit: and to win the league

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 4, 2015

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Everyone's reporting that it's done. Contract to be signed tonight, press conference at 10am tomorrow.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I didn't think we would get Klopp being honest.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

c0burn posted:

5 times bitch
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp flew right over my mum and dads house :allears:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

mackintosh posted:

you made him one of the best paid managers in the world, he'd be a bona fide retard to refuse the job
Everyone would be a retard to turn down Anfield nights, those passionate fans, YNWA ringing out from thousands of voices joined as one. The Beatles. That scouse sense of humour

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

There is no doubt that Van Gaal is a oval office to his players, but if they can keep pace with City I'm sure the fans are absolutely fine with it.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Moyes will come to Newcastle, Rodgers will go to Spain.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

loving hell Ings is gone for the rest of the season.

If we can be close to the top 4 by January though then Klopp has a much bigger pull than Rodgers ever did, might be a better window than usual.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

aellisr posted:

Pleased with a draw against Tottenham, as mentioned ad-nauseam, our injury woes are getting unsustainable up front. Hoping we just sale off some of the dross that was bought in during Rodger's reign, looking at you Joe Allen, and finish the year on a high note instead of getting shelled at Stoke. :(
Joe Allen is a perfectly fine squad player. I mean yeah, if we can improve the depth then absolutely get someone better in, but I don't see Joe Allen being on the books as a massive problem.

3 out of 4 strikers being out is just bad luck imo, it's not yet suggestive of any problems with the medical staff or anything at this stage. Don't think it's a good idea ot buy a fifth striker or anything as there's nothing to suggest that striker injuries will be a recurring problem. Ings is a one-off serious injury, Klopp says Benteke will be back next weekend. Sturridge is the only issue of concern for being crocked all the time. It's only when Sturridge and Benteke are both injured at the same time that it really hits the team hard.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Stop! Klopp's Kop Flop: Jurgen Plopp Drops Pop at Top
I'm impressed

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Your Weird Uncle posted:

West Ham Is Fourth, Motherfucker
are fourth

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I consider a 0-0 away when we had a poo poo ton of players out injured a good result :unsmith:
Me too :)

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

What difference does "passes per chance created" make? Seriously asking, does it matter if you're actually creating them?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

No player ever has a contract guaranteeing a starting spot. Maybe Pele in the NASL or something, but these days it would never happen.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Rooney has the ability to cause a massive months long saga in the papers whenever he wants more money. Imagine the poo poo he would stir up if he was actually dropped.
Maybe he had that power when he was 26 and the best player in the England squad. He's 30 now and obviously declining so his bargaining chips aren't anything like what they used to be. The papers are calling him out for being shite and so are United fans, he's not more powerful than his manager any more.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

If you don't like Liverpool posters posting when they beat the chels then you definitely should stay away because Liverpool are going to beat the chels

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Fully sick?
drat lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

Torres was still good when Chelsea signed him.
He wasn't, that was the best part.

• Locked thread