Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rockopolis posted:

I'm surprised and honestly a little disappointed that no one has submitted a magical girl luchadora. It'd fit very well, maintain a secret identity until you transform on a mask to become "Nuestra Virgen de Luchadoras" and suplex a Youma.

You could have made the Dowman Sayman luchadora witch of my dreams, you only have yourself to blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Alexis Kline / Princess Joyous Rainbow

Hello I’m Alexis Kline but for now I’m known as Suzanne Richards…yes I was the girl who went missing its sort of a long story.

I can’t say my life was particularly interesting up to this predicament, my family wasn’t particularly well off but we loved each other and all that jazz I mean looking back I’ll admit I was kind of a problem child, I had a habit of sticking my nose where I wasn’t wanted granted I managed to get home in one piece every time at the very least so that’s…something I guess.

Well yea as you might have noticed my current circumstances are a bit different then I just described well you see that’s the thing one day I just went to sleep and I just woke up someone else, like I woke up to someone else’s bed to walk through someone else’s house to see someone else’s face in the mirror. From what I have gathered my name is now Suzanne Richards, I come from a wealthy family, am a straight A student attending Saint Thecla's and am a magical girl. Now while I was able to adapt my new academic and social responsibilities to some extent (by which I mean I’ve learned how to best avoid them hoping they’ll go away) I was up a creek without a paddle when it came to dealing with magical girling luckily my new friend Bartleby explained the basics of the position and how it could very well be the solution to all my problems.

What kind of girl are you?
Well people have always called me a free spirit I’ve always liked urban exploration and getting into trouble though stuff like thats taken a bit of a back seat to trying to pretend to be an overachieving academic superstar recently.

What convinced you to make a pact?
You’re asking the wrong person and it’s not like you can just ask around, I mean I guess Bartleby might know something but I’m not quite sure how you would go about asking about that.

What is your wish?
To go back to things as they were before all this magical stuff happened or at the very least to convince my family who I really am.

Crisis
I woke up to find myself living another person’s life.

Relationship
Eric apparently he was a friend of Suzanne’s he's actually fun to be around which is surprising considering everything else Suzanne was involved in.

Magical Element
Color

Weapon
Comically large paintbrush

Power
Ability to produce emotion inducing light

Normal Attributes
Charm 3
Insight 4
Tenacity 7

Magical Attributes
Magic 3 (attack)
Heart 8 (support)
Fury 7 (defense)

Magical Talents
Boost
Recover
Power Dampener
Rouse
Courage Aura
Curse

Base Resolve

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I just like the modern, techno/social theme too much to switch. Magical girls feared and despised is there to create drama and chip at relationships, but it definitely seems like it's supposed to be a challenge to overcome. "I want people to think we're heroes fighting for them, and bit to be afraid!"
Which is probably what in-universe magical girl anime is, a PR campaign to spin magical girls to be acceptable to the public.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I thought about actually having love = hug-based combat which was essentially that, but we had a lot of Knights and Witches at the time I started character building, and playing with the Sorcery rules seemed like a great route to play with dumb heart-based metaphors.
That's actually a pretty cool idea. I like the Heart theme, but I can't help but see it as a Mola Ram themed magical girl.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Having that awkward realization that Misako would be happier doing something like boxing or MMA than street fighting. Not that I'd expect her to come to that realization on her own, but it'd be a legitimate format where her approach to fighting could be called "sportsmanship".

Kid Blink
Feb 24, 2013

Of course, the whole point of
a Doomsday Machine is lost if
you KEEP IT A SECRET!

TheTatteredKing posted:

Viera Arashiko - How has the life and death task of demon hunting been treating you? Does more than your appearence seem to change with the tranfromation or are you faking it until you make it?

Its been difficult, for certain. Certainly more sleepless nights spent ruminating on how I'm still alive than sleepless because of something I can't put down. I'm scared most of the time when I hear from Bartleby about a Demon. Every fight seems to come so close and and I've barely skirted death too many times. I could always wrap my head around the action scenes in light novels or adventure books, but to actually be in them has been completely different! That being said though.. I would like to keep doing it for now hehe.

Why? Because it feels so good! More than my clothes and hair change when I transform! I feel so confident and in the moment! Its so different from school or my normal life! I feel so in charge of my destiny, of my life when I'm fighting. It's like the fight becomes the only thing that matters, that winning is the only thing that matters, but it feels so good to have such a clear purpose. I really like feeling that way. But, I guess it does feel a bit forced sometimes, like something is pushing me to feel that way, to make the big showy moves against the demons. I'm also a bit scared that I might get careless about something or overconfident. But I want to keep feeling that way, too. I just don't get that when I'm reading.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

TheTatteredKing posted:

Crystal Montre - How do you feel about living in Mindy's shadow? And how do you feel about wielding magic, a talent your sister could never hope to achieve?

"What of course I don't live in Mindy's shadow. She is just popular and skilled and I am happy to be her sister!"

I mean is totally unfair, we are twins! we should both have a shot at being good at stuff but so far no matter what I try she seems to be able to be a master of it in an effortlessly manner. Try sports? She makes team Ace and I have to break my back trying to get in the play zone. Arts? She makes beautiful paintings or sculptures or whatever she does! also people always find her as beautiful and impressive while i her TWIN they don't look twice in my direction!

"Magic is fun! I just hope I get to help a lot of people!"

Hell yeah Magic is my thing! She will not take this from me and I'll show my worth by returning her true smile she and everyone will have to recognize I am not just the other twin

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alexis Kline: What was that about Suzanne being a missing girl? So you've been avoiding your new life a bit but is there any parts of it you really enjoy?

Going to try to make my picks by the end of the day.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

TheTatteredKing posted:

Hondo Tetsuko - Does your viligantee streak come up in school, or does everyone know better?

"Word gets around about my good deeds. Why, hardly a day goes by without getting handed class notes, free coffee, maybe cigarettes wrapped in prayer pamphlets. They might stammer and run away afterwards, but I'm sure they're just shy around greatness. Honestly I think it's silly of them to go through the trouble sometimes. I hardly smoke anymore!"

"Yes, it seems like the students of St. Thecla's have seen the light that I have. Fighting evil is a full-time job, after all. A heroine like me can't be troubled with distractions like 'buying lunch' or 'physics class'. Especially now that our War To Expel the Demons is spilling out so...explosively. There was a PTA meeting just last week about it; my mother didn't go, of course, but I distinctly heard my name while I was lounging outside the conference room. Surely they aren't planning to get in our way? That would be unfortunate."

TheTatteredKing posted:

How much do you try to avoid the law now that you've already ran afoul it once?

"Oraora, I'm the picture of a law-abiding citizen now. My custom cruiser has a license, and I never drive a mile over the speed limit. It's a little nauseating how well it's all worked out. Sometimes I think Bartleby or his ilk have stuck their webbed hands into my fate. Hmph, but the frog's just a broker isn't he? Of all the powers I've received not one of them can bring my old circle back together, or get my mother thinking clearly again. I might just muscle- no, ask for a revision of terms."

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I was thinking it'd be cool to be a bit more 21st century by having a magical girl using things like drone surveillance and web scraping and social media to find Youma or predict attacks. I'm never really sure how bold to be though, 'cause it's always like, with magic, it's just magic, but with tech, everyone's an expert and a critic.

edit
Youma of Interest

Monk E
May 19, 2009

TheTatteredKing posted:

Alexis Kline: What was that about Suzanne being a missing girl? So you've been avoiding your new life a bit but is there any parts of it you really enjoy?

"Yea about that one of all the things that I've been having trouble adjusting to is just how little freedom I've been getting. Miss a class everyone knows, want to take a bus out of town gotta fill out an entire essay, decide you stay out overnight and well alright that one would have gotten me in trouble before but you get the idea it gets kind of smothering you know. Recently I've been feeling like the only time I truly have to myself is youma hunting which I guess is why I've kind of been focusing more on that then...well every other aspect of Suzanne's life. I mean they've definitely been overreacting recently but I guess I can understand why they've been worried I mean between the magical girl outings and well the entirely different personality I'm kind of surprised they've been as accommodating as the have been.

"Yea to be fair I guess I cant complain about every aspect of this situation no matter how much I want to. I've never been particularly materialistic but having all this fancy stuff is kind of fun I mean none of these clothes aren't particularly my style and I have yet to figure out all these fancy gizmos Suzanne accumulated (it took me up till a few days ago just to figure out what her passwords were) but its a nice change from how things were before. Of course there's also the magical girl thing, I mean at first I thought the idea of fighting monsters was kind of terrifying and...I guess I still do but considering everything that's been going on its been just the sort of thrill I need to take my mind off of things."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ended up being a harder call than I planned for. Congratulations everyone that made it in. Everyone else will be first on the list if we lose any players or characters

Crystal Montre - Dereku
Jessica Merid - Yami Fenrir
Saya Wakahisa - Alien Rope Burn
Viera Arashiko - Kid Blink
Alexis Kline - Monk E
Hondo Tetsuko - Bendigeidfran

I made a google docs drawing for the relationship chart.
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1zep8IMH8BlI_YvS6iR_gNFvopIxSI1nSOagjQPjrkJA/edit?usp=sharing

I'll let everyone make their own character's thing so it can be the color they want. Then we'll use the line tool for relationships: blue rank 1, purple rank 2, red rank 3. Please only assign 3 points per turn and post descriptions of characters you introduce.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Well, I've added mine. The rules say nothing about pets so the cat is staying :colbert:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

TheTatteredKing posted:

I'll let everyone make their own character's thing so it can be the color they want. Then we'll use the line tool for relationships: blue rank 1, purple rank 2, red rank 3. Please only assign 3 points per turn and post descriptions of characters you introduce.

Turn? I'm a little confused - do we only assign 3 levels of relationships before the game starts, then?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh sorry it's in the book. You have twelve points to assign but it's supposed to be done in four rounds. So everyone has a chance to add points to new characters as they're introduced.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Alright, we're all done for round one, then! Sorry for the wait.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Well, let's kick it off then.

This is Jessica's Sister.... probably. She's called Petra and tends to be very, very curious, probably too much. Short attention span, and it reflects in her grades. Very nice and cares about her family a lot, however, especially Jessica after her memory loss. Tends to be a bit of a crybaby though.

(+1 points, to rank 1)

Jennifer: Jessica trusts her a lot, actually more than her own supposed family right now. (+2 points, to rank 2)

Relationship points spent: 3 out of 12

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 16, 2015

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Viera (+1 point, to rank 2): Tetsuko greatly admires how well-read Viera is, and can't see why Viera isn't proud of it herself. Even before fights Tetsuko will bring up whatever they've been reading lately as a way to lighten the mood. She doesn't always pick the right ones for the situation (The Charge of The Light Brigade, for instance), but she genuinely likes that another bibliophile's on the team.

Jessica (+1 point, to rank 2): Jessica's condition inspires a righteous anger in Tetsuko. A heroine can't bear to see someone suffering from amnesia! As someone who considers herself world-wise, she never hesitates to explain how things work to Jessica. Melodramatically, and at great length.

Arik (+1 point, to rank 1): Arik strikes Tetsuko as a reliable father and an honest man. On the rare times when Mia's store doesn't have something in stock, Arik's is usually her second resort. Both of them are weirdos, and they get along rather well. That Viera has such an attentive parent invokes a little bit of jealousy in her.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Mindy (+3 points)

Mindy is Crystal's identical twin sister even if most people would not guess just by their body language. If there is any extra curricular activity Mindy probably has mastered it with little to no effort. She is an exemplar student in class and is a well known name around the school

(Think of the perfect, pretty, smart, artistic and athletic student that has no problem wandering around social situations)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

You guys aren't doing round 2 are you? I get a turn too. I need to get home from work if we're using pics

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
I just put a short description of Mindy for people who may want to put relationship points to her

Kid Blink
Feb 24, 2013

you KEEP IT A SECRET!

TheTatteredKing posted:

You guys aren't doing round 2 are you? I get a turn too. I need to get home from work if we're using pics

How many points should we have mapped out now?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

3, and you get one point automatically with each other pc

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I forgot the app npc doesn't have a value yet. *headdesk*

Gonna change values I guess.

We should probably clean up formatting a bit so it's actually possible to connect PC's without going over like 3 different characters or having a squiggly mess.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 15, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, I took two turns, but I just dialed it back to my first turn.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

So I'm trying to think of a way for this to not be a colossal mess with everyone with 6+ lines from them and I'm drawing a blank. I only ran this with four people before. In the meantime:

Dahlia, A hopeless nerd who always wears a scarf because it's cool. She fancies herself an artist and a writer but her works are plagued with self indulgence. She follows Tetsuko like an adoring fan, but typically sticks with Viera as a fellow nerd with a nose buried in a book manga. When she isn't blathering about her latest story it's about Eldritch Child Luna, the most best comic ever! It's like a magical girl manga, except it's deep! Oh and the author moved to America before making it so there's so dodgy translations. Do you want to borrow one or five volumes????

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

We could go make an inner circle with the PC's, and the have an outer circle for the npcs? That way, it's at least somewhat clean, and all of the intra-PC connections don't get in the way. Also we should probably make the field like, at least 1.5 times the size, if not 2 times.

Anyway, since everyone including Tattered has now made 3 points worth of connection, I guess this is round 2?

(+1 point to Tetsuko, up to rank 3.) Jessica is very grateful for all the help, and the fact that she takes the time to explain things in great detail, even if it's long-winded sometimes.

(+1 point to Mia Nguyen, up to rank 1.) Bookstores are useful for learning, and Jessica needs to do lots of that. She's been frequenting her bookstore quite a lot, both because of the books and because of Tetsuko, and has become acquainted with Mia.

(+1 point to Jennifer, up to rank 3.)

Relationship points spent: 6 out of 12

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 16, 2015

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Round 2

Petra +1: She is friendly to me also has an easier time to tell me apart from my twin
Mia Nguyen +2: A bookstore and a good book are always a good place to hide and relax (Also she does not judge me for enjoying the Ghost Girl series :)

6/12 points

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Mindy Montre +1: She's in a lot of the same school activities I am and apparently we've always studied together afterwards granted I do feel a bit bad that its gone from a mutual learning experience to more of a free tutoring session since I've been Suzanne.

Tetsuko +2: She's so cool I want to be just like her when I grow up, well we're probably about the same age but you get the idea.

6/12 points spent

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh I can't math it out here on my phone but if someone added to the relationship to your character that counts both ways.

Kid Blink
Feb 24, 2013

you KEEP IT A SECRET!

TheTatteredKing posted:

Oh I can't math it out here on my phone but if someone added to the relationship to your character that counts both ways.

Ok, based on that, here's what I count. Check my math.

Alexis 7/12
Hondo 10/12
Saya 6/12
Jessica 8/12
Crystal 4/12
Viera 5/12

I'll do round 2 when I get home.

Kid Blink
Feb 24, 2013

you KEEP IT A SECRET!
Mindy? Yes, I suppose I know her. I mean, she really just comes to the library when I'm reading there and bugs me about joining some club or something. Normally its something about her "student council responsibility". I know she means well, but I sort of ignore her? She's really quite persistent though. I think I sort of upset her. (+1 Mindy)

I knew Lena back when I was younger. She was pretty friendly back in the day, but I guess we sort of drifted apart? She doesn't live that close to me, but I still see her at school sometimes. She always seems to do really well in home ec though. At least the stuff she makes isn't burned most of the time...(+1 Lena)

Oh! Ms. Nguyen! She's the best! I love her store and she's always got something new coming in! I've probably spent a small fortune in her store, and she's always super nice. She sometimes lets me take an extra book when I'm getting some. Dad has gotten on me a couple times when he sees me coming home with a bag from her store, so these days I can only buy what I can fit in my backpack. (+1 Mia)

Relation Points: 8/12

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Saya, Rounds 1 & 2 (6 points total)

Saya > Mingxia (3 points): "Well, she helped teach me all about fighting monsters and using magic, right? Even if I haven't seen her much lately, she's pretty important to me! Unlike my magic, hers had more to do with cold and freezing. Almost like the opposite of mine? Kind of? Anyway, I think about her a lot as I keep up my duties. I mean, I don't mean to be mean to me... but she's probably smarter about that kind of thing than I'll ever be..."

Saya > Lena (3 points): "I don't mind helping Lena out, but she's proud and wants to make it on her own, so I try not to push too hard. Still, I like sharing my cooking and all the fancy stuff that my father gets... but hardly uses. Her family isn't as wealthy, and we have a big TV and game system and all that, but none of it is as fun alone! It's better to do that kind of stuff together than just be a couch lump, right?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

We could go make an inner circle with the PC's, and the have an outer circle for the npcs? That way, it's at least somewhat clean, and all of the intra-PC connections don't get in the way. Also we should probably make the field like, at least 1.5 times the size, if not 2 times.

I like this idea. I'm scared to touch anyone's lines right now though and completely lose track.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wouldn't sweat it being a tangle right now, it can be redrawn once we're done if necessary.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

TheTatteredKing posted:

I like this idea. I'm scared to touch anyone's lines right now though and completely lose track.

Actually, I attempted multiple versions and I came to the following conclusion:

It's a clusterfuck even with that. a 2 file system proved to be best: One for the party relationships (a circle) and one for PC-NPC relationships (two flat rows).

It's far cleaner this way and you don't have this weird situation that you need to go across someone to "go" to their npcs.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 17, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I made a new and improved chart!

Check if your numbers are correct!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 17, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

to clarify what I meant about the both ways. It means if someone made your relationship 2 you only have to spend 1 point to make it 3 for both of you. The relationship is mutual. I wasn't sure if I was seeing people spending points on eachother with the pc relationships. I've been getting crushed at work so I've not been able to follow all the numbers too well.

Trish always hangs out at the coffee shop with her laptop working on a comic or something? She has one of those draw pads. She also seems to get in arguments with herself. Maybe she's on a skype call? Either way she likes to keep to herself and never ever talk about her work. She accidentally called Suzanne Alexis once, and always seems to have a deeper frown for Jessica than any other girls in the shop. Still, they seem to be the only two people in the city Trish has started a conversation with.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

(+1 point to Petra, up to rank 2.)

(+1 point to Alexis, up to rank 2.) Jessica thinks their situation is somewhat similar, what with her suddenly living another person's life. It's not THAT different in her mind. Thus, she feels connected to her.

(+1 point to Arik, up to rank 1) Due to her situation, Jessica reads a ton of books. If Mia Nguyen doesn't have a certain book, she checks in his bookstore next. Because of that, the two had plenty of chances to chat.

9 of 12 points spent

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 17, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Saya, Round 3 (9 points total)

Saya > Jennifer & Jessica (1 point & 1 point, to rank 1 and 2 respectively): "Hey, remember when we stopped that dalmatian... demon... dalmatian demon? That was pretty scary, but hey, it brought us together, right? Don't worry, Jennifer! Jessica and I will help you get your memories back? Huh? What if they aren't good memories? Well, it's too sad the way things are now, isn't it?"

Saya > Alexis (1 point, to rank 2): "I've known her since grade school! She's such an amazing student, isn't she? I wish I could be that together in terms of schoolwork. She seems to be having a harder time lately, and I don't understand why, but I let her know I'm there for her!... but she probably doesn't need somebody silly like me trying to help her out. Still, I'm a little worried..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Jessica +1: Even if the specifics are slightly different Its nice to know someone else who understands what its like to have to rebuild your life from square one.

Dahlia +2: She may have odd taste in...well everything but I respect her determination, plus we're both founding members of the Tetsuko fanclub.

9/12 points spent

• Locked thread