Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Haruhi?
This poll is closed.
Haruhi 23 15.23%
Yuki 21 13.91%
Mi-mi-miracle, Mikuru 15 9.93%
Tsuruya 20 13.25%
Ryoko 14 9.27%
Kyonko, the female version of Kyon 42 27.81%
Fujioka 16 10.60%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Nintendo should make a game where Wario and Waluigi go on a road trip across America, Blues Brothers-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

motosoda mori would never approve of this

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's the funny disease now.

incorrect. the funny disease is chlamydia

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

motosoda mori would never approve of this

what about motonari mori

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

And Waluigi is the worst.

he's the best weight class in Mario kart 8, and I'll prove it to you any day of the week

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Also, I can't vote on the poll this time. I'm still deliberating.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

trautman looks like a generic white guy without his hat

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXFsvJESL7g

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Tarranon posted:

he's the best weight class in Mario kart 8, and I'll prove it to you any day of the week

it took me a long time to find a racer/vehicle combination that i thought was truly powerful and ideal for my driving style in MK8, but ultimately, the answer turned out to be Waluigi on a Bike.

he can perfectly drift pretty much every turn in the game and often even things that hardly count as turns, except for on the new hosed-up speed class that they added.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I love the credit "helicopter people"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

slow down

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

lesbian baphomet posted:

it took me a long time to find a racer/vehicle combination that i thought was truly powerful and ideal for my driving style in MK8, but ultimately, the answer turned out to be Waluigi on a Bike.

he can perfectly drift pretty much every turn in the game and often even things that hardly count as turns, except for on the new hosed-up speed class that they added.

Agreed, him and Rosalina are the best for actual racing hands down imo

for time attacks it's still wario or bowser on karts, same as it ever was

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't played any mario karts past the gamecube, they look terrifying now.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Tarranon posted:

Agreed, him and Rosalina are the best for actual racing hands down imo

for time attacks it's still wario or bowser on karts, same as it ever was

bowser was horrible in super, excepts on specific tracks that would never force him to turn more than like 5 degrees at a time. him and dk had the most hosed-up slow guy physics where if they touched anything at all or had to brake they became useless

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna use this as the probation reason next time someone derails a thread by complaining about how "Anime" anime is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

They're good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Gonna use this as the probation reason next time someone derails a thread by complaining about how "Anime" anime is.

People should stop using 'anime' as an adjective.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

it took them a while to break away from the horrible garbage snake-drifitng that the DS game started (or rather the overcorrections that they made to avoid it), but mk8 is really really good. arguably the best one aside from the Battle Mode not being good. it has the drift boost but it works well and the way it ought to instead of just breaking the game or being almost useless

edit: technically i guess i'm just talking about the wii game and the DS game, since i didnt play 7 and afaik it's kind of just an early handheld version of 8. but man the ds game was loving bad

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 4, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hello yes I would like some recommendations concerning which anime to watch but not too anime if you catch my meaning if you get my drift.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello yes I would like some recommendations concerning which anime to watch but not too anime if you catch my meaning if you get my drift.

The Tatami Galaxy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
There are very characteristic styles of writing, characterization, and physical gags that are unique to anime that I find repellent. They are not present in every anime, but in lots of them, and I find it deleterious to my ability to enjoy them.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Anime ftw.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

Perhaps something about 50% anime? Or is that pushing it...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I just watched the first episode of Madoka. It was neat, and it's cool to see Shinbou's wacky directing style in stuff outside of Monogatari and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

super mario money maker

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Bad Seafood posted:

if you are going to do that then please get someone better at gifs than me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiOmviCq3U

0:53 onwards

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The ds game was really very good actually, your problem was choosing to hate the snaking instead of embracing it

DS snaking was super fun because it turned every course into a puzzle to get the most snakes in, on top of all the usual things that are fun about mario kart

We are agreed that 8 is also really good but I can't believe we are both biker bros and you hate DS so much!! You should give it another try imo, it and 8 are the only two Mario kart games I ever 100%

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

The Colonel posted:

I just watched the first episode of Madoka. It was neat, and it's cool to see Shinbou's wacky directing style in stuff outside of Monogatari and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

If only it weren't written by Gen Urobuchi.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Tarranon posted:

The ds game was really very good actually, your problem was choosing to hate the snaking instead of embracing it

DS snaking was super fun because it turned every course into a puzzle to get the most snakes in, on top of all the usual things that are fun about mario kart

We are agreed that 8 is also really good but I can't believe we are both biker bros and you hate DS so much!! You should give it another try imo, it and 8 are the only two Mario kart games I ever 100%

snaking is extremely bad because it isn't fun to do, it's just annoying. also mario kart doesn't work well as a handheld game in the first place, especially not a pre-3ds handheld without Online play built in

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

if you are going to do that then please get someone better at gifs than me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiOmviCq3U

0:53 onwards
Okay.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hey Kite!

Ground floor, on the double.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Recommend me the most anime anime.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

The Colonel posted:

drat there are so many shows you haven't seen. I'm kinda jealous...

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Shirobako is an anime about anime, does that work?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Actually I still haven't watched Rebellion maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Admoon posted:

Recommend me the most anime anime.

You should watch Boku no Pico. It's a show beloved by all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

GloomMouse posted:

Shirobako is an anime about anime, does that work?

It's on my list, I promise to watch it before the AOTY thread.

• Locked thread