Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
optimism, where it is not merely the thoughtless talk of those who harbor nothing but words under their shallow foreheads, seems to me to be not merely an absurd, but also a really wicked, way of thinking, a bitter mockery of the most unspeakable sufferings of mankind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

SourKraut posted:

Stanford has been tearing it up.

Stanford typically loses a game or two it's supposed to win every year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CrumFUNist! posted:

Stanford typically loses a game or two it's supposed to win every year.

they already got shellacked by Northwestern

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa State: Not the worst team in the Big 12.

By a long loving shot.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Northwestern may well come for us all

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Northwestern wins their next two games, they have a great chance of being in the top 10.

Hell, at the rate top 10 teams are falling, they might be top ten if they win next week.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
look at this fuckin whip tho

https://vine.co/v/e2Aah3XQxQZ

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Jastiger posted:

Iowa State: Not the worst team in the Big 12.

By a long loving shot.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I hope Texas beats you.

Badly.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Amazing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:snoop:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech blew a three-touchdown lead at home.

Quick, am I talking about yesterday's game against UNC or the UGA game in 2013 trick question it's both

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Probably Magic posted:

I hope Texas beats you.

Badly.

Rude.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Hawaii beat Colorado and then scored 0 combined points in their next 3 games against FBS schools.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

...but I hope you beat either Baylor or Texas Christian.

Burn it all, IMO.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Where is the Nae Nae

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I don't know what this means

Sorry, meant to say "Don't put that ON Oregon this year" As in, Oregon is not winning 8 more games.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
the good: we didn't lose to Eastern Kentucky

the bad: it took us OT to win

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

Sorry, meant to say "Don't put that ON Oregon this year" As in, Oregon is not winning 8 more games.

Utah might though

that was my point, personally

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Utah might though

that was my point, personally

Sorry, you don't have a sportsatar and weren't being specific on teams.

I mean, gently caress it, Utah deserves to win the Pac-12 South. Why not vs Cal too for full chaos?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

Sorry, you don't have a sportsatar and weren't being specific on teams.

I mean, gently caress it, Utah deserves to win the Pac-12 South. Why not vs Cal too for full chaos?

My first post was about GameDay coming to the Utah/Cal game, that's why I skipped showing my ID

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/650531374017998848

:barf:

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I spent all day tailgating in the rain and all night standing in the rain watching Clemson win. It was a rad day.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

No bama. Looks good

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Lowest home turnout since 1998, VT like 2-10 at home in last 12 games, Beamer lost essentially all remaining good will amongst fanbase with Pitt loss.

The bowl streak is literally all he has left now and when that goes I think so goes Beamer. I would wonder about what it feels like to have all you worked for in your life fall apart around you and how that must eat at you every night as you toss and turn in bed but there's no possible way Beamer doesn't sleep like a baby each night, secure and delusional in a legacy he thinks he has but has been washed away with years of abject failure.

He's almost gone, y'all. We're almost home. :unsmith:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Three Big XII teams in the top 5 is totally fine what's the problem here?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strobe posted:

Three Big XII teams in the top 5 is totally fine what's the problem here?

#3 because of what I'm going to hear if they are a playoff team this year

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Cardale is either going to go beast mode in the playoffs again or TCU or Baylor is going to blow them out of the water.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Oh dear corn Nebraska wtf...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Probably Magic posted:

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to theorize with me on how Kansas will ever win a game again in the next three years.
They play either Illinois or Indiana when they are at their worst.

Or they pay Georgia State to play a home and home series.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Looks pretty reasonable to me

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

I would be A-OK with Clemson going all the way and winning a NC as long as someone consolidates all the videos of Dabo dancing poorly into one video.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
gently caress goddamn poo poo Notre Dame. This is a game where I wake up tomorrow and forget that they lost. Ugh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Great, Jared Randall is hurt too. Just when it was looking like he could competently pass. Argh. This is not the University of Arizona's year.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Stoked for GameDay but not optimistic. One of our beat writers was pointing out how badly Cal has done in the last few decades after starting 5-0. Even if we do win we still have a murderer's row to follow.

I think the conference is probably Stanford's or USC's, even though there is going to be a lot of chaos between now and December.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Rick posted:

Great, Jared Randall is hurt too. Just when it was looking like he could competently pass. Argh. This is not the University of Arizona's year.

Competently pass is generous, but he was definitely better. Yeah, it's not a great season so far.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Indiana didn't go out like bitches, which is the usual. The IU fanbase is waiting for basketball, but our football team is scrappy. We got two more wins in the tank I think. We might be in a bowl. :unsmith:

I was waiting for ND's wheels to fall off the wagon. My opinion of gently caress All Haters still stands.

I'm still drunk. :cheers:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bowl chat? Bowl chat!

We're down to 20 unbeaten teams, after coming into Week 5 with 27. Since we were guaranteed to lose at least five, that means we're getting to the point where we're separating the cream from the rest of these hacks, at least until the next week where chaos reigns.

For Week 6, 18 of those 20 are playing, with only one matchup (Cal/Utah) being between unbeatens. Of those 18, 8 can become bowl eligible with a win:

Iowa vs. Illinois
Ohio State vs. Maryland
Northwestern @ Michigan
Oklahoma State @ West Virginia
TCU @ Kansas State
Florida @ Missouri
Michigan State @ Rutgers
Cal @ Utah

Iowa and OSU are noon kicks, meaning one of those two will most likely be the first bowl eligible team. And from there my Sundays are gone as my crippling bowltism takes over, because it's either that or watch the Lions play and I can only take so much misery.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
We really bad yall

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry Maty, but your time as a Mizzou Qb has come to an end. You are literal garbage.
Drew lock, show us the way to Atlanta.

Also, watching KU suck every year never gets old. Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol I can't believe how well Florida played yesterday

Will Grier owns

• Locked thread