Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Totally lost season for Wisconsin. Too bad, the defense is pretty good but the offense right now is hot garbage. With Clement out nobody on this team is a threat. He's only a Junior though, so ship Stave to the sun, start Gillins and let him take his lumps. Next year all the freshman on the line will have the experience, Gillins will have some time under his belt and Clement will hopefully be 100%. Next year could be a very good year. Still might end up winning the Big Ten West this year anyway, easily the worst division in all of D1 football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can we talk about the 5-0 Wildcats of Northwestern Wildcats Football Team?

Northwestern completely and utterly demolished Minnesota. Gendo was right. They shut out a Big Ten opponent for the first time since the 1995 Rose Bowl season. In the third quarter, they got the ball and when on an 8+ minute drive that pretty much ended the game. Minnesota's quarterback was abysmal, but Northwestern has allowed a grand total of 35 points this season, the top scoring defense in the country. 35 points is a Big 12 quarter. Justin Jackson went for 120 yards. Clayton Thorson actually looked pretty decent and scored two rushing TDs. Northwestern could be legit good this year. I still don't think they will come out of the west because I've seen more Northwestern football than the TV pundits and Northwestern rarely ascends to those heights, but it's been fantastic.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Well, that one isn't even loving excusable. Now we can only afford one loss out of South Carolina, North Texas, Mizzou, Vandy, and Kentucky to go to a bowl. Alabama and Georgia will not be wins.

It will be Mizzou or Kentucky that gets us. I wouldn't rule out South Carolina either just because Spurrier.

We'll keep Georgia close. And lose because that's just what UT is scripted to do. 6-6 is my expectation, but 5-7 wouldn't surprise me. Another garbage bowl and Butch acting like a cat turd is a diamond. What a waste of talented players.

I should swap to being a Clemson fan. Can still wear orange and antagonize Spurrier.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 4, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Northwestern for big 10 champs

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Northwestern gonna knock off Ohio State in the Big 10 Championship and go to the playoffs.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
FSU is going to get rolled at Clemson and at Florida. They're just not playing very good football right now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My new totally wrong playoff team predictions
Week 4: Ohio State, Baylor, Ole Miss, UCLA/Utah Winner
Week 5: Ohio State, Baylor, Alabama, Florida State

Baylor is the only one I actually feel reasonably confident about. I think Ohio State will continue to stumble through a weak Big Ten (ala FSU last season). 'Bama could easily drop another game, but LSU and A&M don't seem impressive enough to not drop at least two, so I didn't slot them in. Alabama is basically the placeholder SEC team for now. And Florida State will probably get in after Clemson Clemsons against them and then they end the regular season with a win over what will by then be a pretty overrated Florida team.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 4, 2015

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Metapod posted:

Northwestern for big 10 champs

Gonna change champs to chumps and own dem nerds.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Oh hello football! How are you today? I am doing fine! I was out most of the day. Let me look at the scores for my alma mater-

*Georgia Tech gives up huge lead and loses to UNC, probably won't make a bowl*

...oh. oh. Okay. How... how about where I went for grad school?

*Purdue chokes away the chance for a national headline upset against Michigan State*

...well, okay, at least you tried and looked not totally poo poo, kids! Well. Um. Okay. How about... how about the team where I live, whose games I go to just so I can see live football, who I don't care about that much but are kind of my #3 team by default?

*Nevada loses to UNLV*

*long silence, stares out the window* Football is dumb. :smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mukaikubo posted:

*Purdue chokes away the chance for a national headline upset against Michigan State*

Despite half the top 10 losing, yesterday still felt like one of those days where you think there is going to be chaos based on halftime scores but by the time the final whistle blows order is restored and Katy Perry has gone to bed early.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

So I haven't been able to watch the last two Michigan state games because I was traveling/am too poor to buy BTN. What's wrong with them?

The pass defense has been pretty bad and commits a ton of penalties. There are also massive injuries on the offensive line. Both starting tackles are injured, and the guy who was filling in for Conklin is now out for the season, so all-American center Jack Allen spent a ton of time at LT yesterday. Special teams has been atrocious all year, except instead of giving up massive returns we've now switched to missing kicks and botching punts.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nice ol' Grandpa Riley needs to go. Bullshit that the coaching staff is throwing Armstrong under the bus instead of owning what was a terrible play call. Not to mention getting outcoached by an interim coach for Tim loving Beckman.

:mad:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can we talk about the 5-0 Wildcats of Northwestern Wildcats Football Team?

Northwestern completely and utterly demolished Minnesota. Gendo was right. They shut out a Big Ten opponent for the first time since the 1995 Rose Bowl season. In the third quarter, they got the ball and when on an 8+ minute drive that pretty much ended the game. Minnesota's quarterback was abysmal, but Northwestern has allowed a grand total of 35 points this season, the top scoring defense in the country. 35 points is a Big 12 quarter. Justin Jackson went for 120 yards. Clayton Thorson actually looked pretty decent and scored two rushing TDs. Northwestern could be legit good this year. I still don't think they will come out of the west because I've seen more Northwestern football than the TV pundits and Northwestern rarely ascends to those heights, but it's been fantastic.

Those are fantastic unis.

Look Sir Droids posted:

I should swap to being a Clemson fan. Can still wear orange and antagonize Spurrier.
One of us, one of us...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 4, 2015

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Lock did good in his first start! He's probably a pretty good QB! It probably won't matter because when Mauk is reinstated, he'll be the starter again! And we'll lose a lot! Mizzou Football!!

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

tranime scholar posted:

Lock did good in his first start! He's probably a pretty good QB! It probably won't matter because when Mauk is reinstated, he'll be the starter again! And we'll lose a lot! Mizzou Football!!

I enjoy having an Andrew Lock in football.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Leonard Fournette, if he keeps on his pace, is on track for 2367 rushing yards. The NCAA single season rushing record is 2628 by Barry Sanders.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chump Farts posted:

I feel like fsu, we are winning in the worst way against teams that are okay at best.

I think I'm afraid of Michigan again

Almost one week again to the minute my dad (a Sparty lifer) told me "Michigan might be better than Michigan State for the first time since '07". I thought he was putting too much stock in Utah spanking Oregon (and the transitive properties of that) but now I wonder if he was on to something. Should be a fun game in a couple weeks.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I'm just glad that Northwestern didn't unionize so that they have this focus

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

quote:

"I don't know who Aaron Taylor is, but I guess he is analyst or commentator," Swinney said. "The comment was we were not going to be ready. Clemson wouldn't be ready, and our crowd was going to be lugubrious when the game was over. I don't know how to spell that. I'm hooked on phonics. I just sound it out. Lugubrious. But I did look it up and lugubrious means to look sad and disappointed. So I want to wish Notre Dame and their lugubrious crowd safe travels back to South Bend. And we will show up in 2020. We look forward to that trip. So I appreciate the education that we got this week - the vocab lesson. The first thing our players said to me when they came to the locker room was 'man that leprechaun was a little lugubrious looking'."

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Chieves posted:

Texas, I'm kind of sorry about yesterday. :(

Don't be

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Korranus posted:

Leonard Fournette, if he keeps on his pace, is on track for 2367 rushing yards. The NCAA single season rushing record is 2628 by Barry Sanders.

jfc Barry

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
New Drawing Conclusions are out:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If Drew Lock continues to start I am fairly confident Mizzou can get out of SEC play with 3 losses. All the defense needs is literally a below average offense to win.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Barry did it in less games, too. 11 game season, no championship game, and bowl stats didn't count.

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.

Korranus posted:

He won't keep that pace, the second half of their schedule is substantially harder than the first.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C-Euro posted:

Almost one week again to the minute my dad (a Sparty lifer) told me "Michigan might be better than Michigan State for the first time since '07". I thought he was putting too much stock in Utah spanking Oregon (and the transitive properties of that) but now I wonder if he was on to something. Should be a fun game in a couple weeks.

I haven't paid attention to Sparty that much but I think Michigan has a good chance of beating Ohio State this year. Even Hoke played them close last time in Ann Arbor.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Thoguh posted:

Barry did it in less games, too. 11 game season, no championship game, and bowl stats didn't count.

:h: barry :h:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Looking at Sander's record, Oklahoma State played Texas Tech in Tokyo that year. Apparently that was a thing for one game a year from 1977 to 1993. What the hell?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That was a thing for a while; I guess just trying to drum up interest in American football in Japan since baseball went over so well. Houston played Arizona State in Tokyo in I think 1989.

DocPsychosis posted:

He won't keep that pace, the second half of their schedule is substantially harder than the first.

Of course not, it just shows how insane Barry Sanders was

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
It's officially Texas Hate Week and so even though Texas is super bad this year, the point still stands that gently caress Texas Forever And Ever Amen

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

please everyone read this post

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Quandary posted:

It's officially Texas Hate Week and so even though Texas is super bad this year, the point still stands that gently caress Texas Forever And Ever Amen

Yeah...

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We let Grayson Lambert set an NCAA completion record and allowed Kenny Hill to look like a Heisman candidate, so I urge Missouri bros to be careful.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
:boehner:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA GO GATA

......what a tough day to be on probation.

Ok, so we beat the loving brakes off Ole Miss. I have no idea how. Passing game looked dangerous. Good on 3rd down. D-line was ferocious. Secondary shutdown Treadwell.

Holy loving poo poo. I was certain we'd be 0-for-October, but we may actually be a top 20 team overall. Can't believe it.

Go Gata.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU was unbearably awful to watch and narrowly beat Army (were even looking at an army go ahead TD drive with 3 minutes left) despite being 4 TD favorites. James Franklin had a big old meltdown in the post game presser. I'm not sure we'll win 2 more games in big ten play to get bowl eligible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-QTJer3vU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

RumbleFish posted:

We let Grayson Lambert set an NCAA completion record and allowed Kenny Hill to look like a Heisman candidate, so I urge Missouri bros to be careful.

I'm confident in our defense but it doesn't matter how well the defense plays if we turn the ball over a bazillion times. Like last year's Georgia game. Barf

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
aztecs bitch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Korranus posted:

Thoguh posted:

Jfc

Why don't they just add those stats in to make it fair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

C-Euro posted:

i just dont know what type of team we are or what michigan is

michigan always looks good and then can still end up falling down against tough opponents

that said, msu can barely stumble through winning against bad teams

at least we are bowl eligible if we beat a lovely rutgers team!

• Locked thread