Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech blew a three-touchdown lead at home.

Quick, am I talking about yesterday's game against UNC or the UGA game in 2013 trick question it's both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Northwestern gonna knock off Ohio State in the Big 10 Championship and go to the playoffs.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bvlah posted:

The only way I can cope with GT being so bad is blaming injuries. Has a team ever gone from winning a major bowl to looking like they will not make a bowl the next season?

Happened to Ole Miss a couple years ago, if you count the Cotton Bowl as a major bowl. 9-4 with a Cotton Bowl win to 4-8 the next year.

It's looking like we'd be lucky to go 4-8 though. :smith:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
:siren: The twitter rumor mill :siren: is saying that Butch Jones punched a player in practice. About a 90% chance to be angry Tennessee fans grasping at straws, but if it's true then lol Tennessee

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
You just kinda have to accept that bad officiating decisions are a part of the game. Even if refs are right about 99.5% of their calls, if it's a one score game then one bad decision can swing the result one way or the other. Over a long enough period of time, you'll get as many bad decisions in your favor as you do against you. Doesn't make it not sting, but I'm not sure if anything can really be done about it. At least not until technology advances to the point where we can replace refs with computers.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently the Butch Jones altercation was captured on film. If true, poo poo is about to get real.

I have to think that if he actually punched the player, he'd be out already.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I always figured that if the ACC broke up, GT and Clemson (and maybe, less likely, FSU and one other ACC school?) would end up in the Big 12. The SEC probably doesn't want to have two schools each in Georgia and South Carolina and the Big 10 would probably prefer to pick up more northern schools, but the Big 12 is already spread out geographically and it'd help settle the championship game controversy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When's the next time LSU and SCAR have cross-division matchups with each other? 2021/2022, barring any conference realignment?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
#72's gonna play for Arkansas one day.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DJExile posted:

some gata fan needs this as an av like right now

Av-ready.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alaois posted:

bet that parked car was talking poo poo, too

Must have. He jumped over an 8-foot fence without a running start to get to it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Henchman of Santa posted:

You guys, the CIVIL CONFLICT is this week!

Quite possibly UCF's best shot at not going winless this season.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

John Rawl Tahd posted:

Notre Dame's going to lose to Navy.

Not likely considering how well ND handled GT.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Spacebump posted:

Didn't GT suffer a lot of injuries that crippled them during the ND game?

GT had a lot of injuries over the offseason, but the squad that started at ND was largely the same that had started the two previous games. It's been during and since the ND game that GT's really been plagued with injuries, I think we have like the second-most injured players in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah, I'm sure every FBS tries to crack the other team's playcalling signals. It's just a fact of the game that teams have to work around nowadays by changing their signals regularly.

• Locked thread