Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I drive about 30 minutes down the I-5 every morning on my way to and from work and drat near every one of you people are going 10+ miles an hour above the speed limit. What's your loving rush? You got a baby on the way or something? I have motherfuckers flipping me off as they pass me because I dared to drive the speed limit while passing a semi. Are you that desperate to get where you're going that you would endanger yourself and everyone else on the road just to get to your poo poo rear end job? Get up early and/or leave earlier so you can get to where the gently caress you're supposed to go. Once I hit 70 (California freeway speed limit) I hit the cruise control. It saves gas and my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
The Horniest Manticore easily claims the first post.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Horniest Manticore posted:

The Horniest Manticore easily claims the first post.

nice edit pussy, no confidence in your snipes means no confidence in your self

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ArtIsResistance posted:

nice edit pussy, no confidence in your snipes means no confidence in your self

i must be first at any cost!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*vvvvvrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooom*

Easily passes first several posters talking on their fancy cb radios.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I drive like 40km to work on dirt and country roads and people tailgate you at 120km/hr in a 90 zone cause apparently 30 over the limit isn't enough.

For imperial users 1.6km is a mile I think

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
when i hear some nyyyyyyyyyrrrrrRRRUM shake by my window and its some dude on a little motorcycle it startles me but then i realize hes probably running late to the crash that will kill him and then i relax bc ghosts cannot hurt anyone but themselves and the windshields they land on

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Interesting topic but I gotta go back and keep watching "example 23.96 remote" on Netflix. It started dragging after 15 minutes of a fountain but they switched to a model train. riveting but also thought provoking because 23.96fps seems to be right on the border of laggy and acceptable

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I love seeing a guy zipping through traffic behind me and getting a chance to block him in behind 2 other slow cars. If they do cuss or give me the finger I wave and smile, makes them even angrier.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bishop posted:

Interesting topic but I gotta go back and keep watching "example 23.96 remote" on Netflix. It started dragging after 15 minutes of a fountain but they switched to a model train. riveting but also thought provoking because 23.96fps seems to be right on the border of laggy and acceptable

I don't know what this is about but I like it

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

just lol if you don't drive at least 5 over on your way to work at 5am.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
cripples drive too slow tho

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Isaac posted:

I drive like 40km to work on dirt and country roads and people tailgate you at 120km/hr in a 90 zone cause apparently 30 over the limit isn't enough.

For imperial users 1.6km is a mile I think

bitch did you just give me math homework

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
5 over is the standard OP, unless you're carrying drugs or something like that.
edit: Or you're black (or mexican in southern states)

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The speed limit means every mouth-breathing retard can drive 70 on that road and not have difficulty. Are you equal to a mouth-breathing retard OP?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
gently caress all just stop tailgating me like my rear end is something to be gawked at.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a real jerk posted:

bitch did you just give me math homework

Perfect name and post combo xD

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Driving 5 mph over the speed limit makes very little difference. You might get there a minute or two earlier, but that's it. I drive the speed limit and I get to work on time every day and I've never had a traffic ticket.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

Driving 5 mph over the speed limit makes very little difference. You might get there a minute or two earlier, but that's it. I drive the speed limit and I get to work on time every day and I've never had a traffic ticket.

4 over is better, they can't ticket you for it. :smug:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

gently caress all just stop tailgating me like my rear end is something to be gawked at.

There are signs that say " do not tailgate. Kangaroos will jump in front of you randomly" on my drive to work but people do it anyway

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
You could drive 50+ over the speed limit and only gain maybe 10 minutes or so depending on traffic. I see retards pass me at 100+ on the freeway only to see them again at a stop light in the middle of the city.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
32,000 people die a year in america from car wrecks

that isn't the crazy part, the crazy part is if the data isn't all manipulated or inaccurate then that is actually down 20,000 deaths from what it used to be

lol, modern world doesnt kill you with teeth infections but it kills you another way instead, gg

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gently caress driving, id rather drive for ten/five/ even one minute less and risk dying/killing/getting a ticket, driving loving blows and is the dumbest loving poo poo in the world, im sorry if you have to commute, especially in traffic, like just kill yourself or quit

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just moved somewhere that they drug test you if they pull you over, puts me on my best behaviour.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

SweetKarma posted:

Yeah but it's generally accepted so the rest of us just do 5 over unless there's a reason not to, and it keeps the flow of traffic going proper, also for long drives it does make a difference, for example I used to make a 900 mile drive about 3-4 times a year, 5mph difference cuts almost a whole hour off that trip.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Isaac posted:

I just moved somewhere that they drug test you if they pull you over, puts me on my best behaviour.

What loving Orwellian state/country do you live in? jfc

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
OP is a beta bitch. +15 over is the new 5.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Happy Hedonist posted:

What loving Orwellian state/country do you live in? jfc

New South Wales, Australia. Apparently it can get you if you haven't smoked in days but it still counts as a crime and you have to go to court and court sucks!!!

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I, too, go the speed limit and am continually amazed at the need for seemingly near everyone to speed as much as possible. I don't act like a dick and block anyone or chill in the left lane. I wish people realized they gain virtually nothing from speeding, especially outside of the freeway. I guess thanks for making any crashes much more likely to be fatal?

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

On3moresoul posted:

I, too, go the speed limit and am continually amazed at the need for seemingly near everyone to speed as much as possible. I don't act like a dick and block anyone or chill in the left lane. I wish people realized they gain virtually nothing from speeding, especially outside of the freeway. I guess thanks for making any crashes much more likely to be fatal?

You must have been born with that thing called a vagina...because if going fast doesn't itch your balls then just lol.

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

"Right Line Grandma Chat"

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Ace of Baes posted:

Yeah but it's generally accepted so the rest of us just do 5 over unless there's a reason not to, and it keeps the flow of traffic going proper, also for long drives it does make a difference, for example I used to make a 900 mile drive about 3-4 times a year, 5mph difference cuts almost a whole hour off that trip.

This is true which is why I said 10+ in the original post.It's not like someone going 70 is really getting in the way of someone going 75. I'm really just talking about motherfuckers that are ripping down the freeway like their wife is about to give birth.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I 5 is hell no matter what part of it you drive on

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol whatever. It really doesn't matter either way. The real problem is that the road is full of idiots, not speed demons.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
^this.
I usually go 75-80 on i-80/580/680 whenever possible (usually only weekends on mornings or late at night though i go slower at night just because more likely to be cops, never seen cops out in the morning). it does help but I don't generally care if i'm behind someone whose going 70-75, i'll just set cruise control and pray they aren't dumb and fluctuating a lot in speed--then I'll pass them.

theres a specific main artery in town thats 25/30/35 and i usually go 10+ on it because the lights are timed in the stupidest way that if you don't literally speed, you just keep getting stopped after stopped after stopped on red lights, which loving blows and speeding there can easily save 5+ minutes+gas on stopping/starting.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

SweetKarma posted:

I have motherfuckers flipping me off as they pass me because I dared to drive the speed limit while passing a semi

this phenomenon is called "social conditioning" it happens when your behavior causes a public nuisance, e.g. incorrect driving practices such as "drive the speed limit while passing"

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

^this.
I usually go 75-80 on i-80/580/680 whenever possible (usually only weekends on mornings or late at night though i go slower at night just because more likely to be cops, never seen cops out in the morning). it does help but I don't generally care if i'm behind someone whose going 70-75, i'll just set cruise control and pray they aren't dumb and fluctuating a lot in speed--then I'll pass them.

theres a specific main artery in town thats 25/30/35 and i usually go 10+ on it because the lights are timed in the stupidest way that if you don't literally speed, you just keep getting stopped after stopped after stopped on red lights, which loving blows and speeding there can easily save 5+ minutes+gas on stopping/starting.

This. When I beat the surface light cycle and go through 6+ green lights I feel like the transporter

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
OP seems like a sensitive young lady with her head on straight.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
you sound like a dweeb OP, i bet you don't even jaywalk, and also i bet you make posts on the internet complaining about jaywalkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Consummate Professional posted:

I 5 is hell no matter what part of it you drive on

It really is. There's tons of traffic and a lot of it is so bumpy that you might as well be driving on a gravel road. I used to drive it regularly when I was a truck driver. You'll notice that the road is really bumpy when driving underneath underpasses. That's because paving the road would mean changing the clearance height of the overpass. California is too cheap to just grade and repave the road so that it's smooth and also allows clearance for trucks.

• Locked thread