Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Edit::synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

cabbagedude posted:

Is this why americans all seem to be on some kind of drug? I've never met anyone in England on anything stronger than anti-cholesterol stuff, is everyone on stuff in real life like it seems on the internet/tv?
well that and also, until recently, a lot of med school professors were pulling double duty as drug company reps (I think a lot of schools have tried to ban that in recent years, but a lot of doctors are out there in the US who have been schooled by pharmaceutical company employees)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/business/03medschool.html?_r=2&emc=eta1

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Ghost Head posted:

way better because not every single ad over here features a decrepit person whining about stupid health poo poo. We have ads about all kinds of things (i'm from Australia). I just can't understand why there are so many ads for drugs in the US. some of them are even for made up poo poo like fibromyalgia.

America is a sick nation, op. Thank god for big pharma to shove that garbage down their gullets.

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude

a hole-y ghost posted:

well that and also, until recently, a lot of med school professors were pulling double duty as drug company reps (I think a lot of schools have tried to ban that in recent years, but a lot of doctors are out there in the US who have been schooled by pharmaceutical company employees)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/business/03medschool.html?_r=2&emc=eta1

Well that seems like a professional clash of interests, thanks for the link.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

cabbagedude posted:

Is this why americans all seem to be on some kind of drug? I've never met anyone in England on anything stronger than anti-cholesterol stuff, is everyone on stuff in real life like it seems on the internet/tv?

only broken people (there are many)

many americans are also baffled by drug ads on tv. "ask your doctor about ___" what why would i do that

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

steady posted:

America is a sick nation, op. Thank god for big pharma to shove that garbage down their gullets.

it is true American laziness that instead of making real and thoughtful changes in lifestyle or diet we are prescribed pills because most current thinking is only on the present with no regard for the future

thanks greedy assholes!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

cabbagedude posted:

Well that seems like a professional clash of interests, thanks for the link.
hey it's a free country, you make a quick buck when you can :patriot:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Luvcow posted:

it is true American laziness that instead of making real and thoughtful changes in lifestyle or diet we are prescribed pills because most current thinking is only on the present with no regard for the future

thanks greedy assholes!

the neurotransmitter hypothesis of mental illness has made the pharmaceutical companies soooooo much money

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ashgromnies posted:

the neurotransmitter hypothesis of mental illness has made the pharmaceutical companies soooooo much money

and left a whole generation of people unable to function without their pills while helping put a stigma on the very few who actually need or benefit from the drugs

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
Just read that link, and Harvard professors are getting 100's of thousands from drug companies!? This world.... so currupt......

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cabbagedude posted:

almost everyone I know including myself are on multiple medications

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cabbagedude posted:

Just read that link, and Harvard professors are getting 100's of thousands from drug companies!? This world.... so currupt......

it's just not pills, the pharma companies tend to use smoking hot college age girls for the sales reps.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

what? why?

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude

etalian posted:

it's just not pills, the pharma companies tend to use smoking hot college age girls for the sales reps.

Honestly if you're going to do it, then this just makes sense.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

lol what's this ? Are you living on a polygamist compound ? Genetic trash ?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I went to Texas once. Great meat

everything else was boring though sorry

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
I'm not medicated and I have no idea what a chicken fried steak is. I feel like a pathetic excuse for an American.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Phlairdon posted:

I'm not medicated and I have no idea what a chicken fried steak is. I feel like a pathetic excuse for an American.

it's steak fried like chicken

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
so just fried steak?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

I went to Texas once. Great meat

everything else was boring though sorry

Texas is great and I think you'll find that it is in fact sweeden that is boring

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude

radiatinglines posted:

it's steak fried like chicken

Deep fried steak?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Steak pounded flat, battered, and fried in a skillet

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

yeah. i had no idea what the gently caress i was ordering. the one i got was basically what KFC would do if they did fried steak.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

radiatinglines posted:

isnt that schnitzel

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

rear end cobra posted:

Boner pill and car insurance advertisement country

When I went to change car insurance recently and was pricing out different companies, I realized that I knew the ad jingle for almost every company I was looking at. I don't even watch a TON of TV. But enough, apparently.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im going to florida next

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
probably miami

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Zzulu posted:

isnt that schnitzel

traditional schnitzel should use veal

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
just going out on a limb here to say that chicken fried steak is loving nasty and if i ever eat with someone who orders it i know they are human trash

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

the great deceiver posted:

just going out on a limb here to say that chicken fried steak is loving nasty and if i ever eat with someone who orders it i know they are human trash

A bit of an overreaction over some loving food, don't you think ?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
lol... fried chicken and gravy... so gross... :jerkbag:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Chicken fried steak has white "country" gravy on it, too, which makes the whole thing even grosser somehow

I went to a diner in South Dakota that inexplicably sold "chicken fried chicken." Prepared just like chicken fried steak, but with a chicken cutlet pounded flat. It... was actually pretty good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Head posted:

what? why?

I have lung issues personally but a ton of people I know are on xanax or other poo poo for anxiety problems

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you probably hang with some REAL LOSERS

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

you probably hang with some REAL LOSERS

One of them is my mom you absolute fucker

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have lung issues personally but a ton of people I know are on xanax or other poo poo for anxiety problems

What are they anxious about ? the economy ?

death ?

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

you were warned posted:

Chicken fried steak has white "country" gravy on it, too, which makes the whole thing even grosser somehow

I went to a diner in South Dakota that inexplicably sold "chicken fried chicken." Prepared just like chicken fried steak, but with a chicken cutlet pounded flat. It... was actually pretty good.

oh yeah that white gravy poo poo came with it too. It was nasty as gently caress. What's in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Zzulu posted:

im going to florida next

Do you have your burial arrangements setup?

• Locked thread