Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The_Franz posted:

up until around 2008 at&t still charged extra for touch-tone service

Pay extra for thing that reduces our costs. Capitalism owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

i like how between consumer voip running over internet connections with no qos and highly compressed cellular phone codecs, making phone call in 2015 is worse quality than 1990

higher bitrate codecs ("HD voice") at least are becoming more prevalent but still lol

also the death of landlines leaves many with no form of communication in long periods of electricity being down. the lovely battery backup units on fiber/cable voip lines last 8 hours at best

HD voice / volte / whatever tmo uses is the bomb, first time I made a call with it was like :wth::peanut:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cocoa Crispies posted:

okay you might know this

would i need a license that's not just general to run a 900mhz gsm network in my house?

e: that's right i have a general, not just tech

Jonny 290 posted:

if you're sticking to 902-928 mhz, you can get away with a tech license as you have 1500 watts of basically any modulation

if you're out of that range though, there is no license that you can buy. you'll have to fight with verizon and att in a spectrum auction.

wait so what kind of range are you talking for that kind of power?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cocoa Crispies posted:

all i really want is to dick with it for a couple hours inside the house and forget about it forever

this describes about 90% of my projects

• Locked thread