Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I read that Jim davis cant get a boner unless he draws a garfield comic that day and that is why he is still making them after all these years. I'm not sure if this is true but if you think about it it makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

heheh

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
He loves it when john Virgo pots the brown before the pink.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

You made Garfield funny.

What loving black magic sorcery is this?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

perfect

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how would a cat open the door, that is a talented cat

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
also stephen pastis can bone up any time, but he can only reach orgasm if he makes a convoluted pun

You might say his flesh is willing... but his spurt is... whack :D

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Minarch posted:

also stephen pastis can bone up any time, but he can only reach orgasm if he makes a convoluted pun

You might say his flesh is willing... but his spurt is... whack :D

what is wrong with you?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
oddly, scott adams has no sexual limitations, except that sometimes the chloroform wears off too fast

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
yeah you could say he isn't very NERMAL

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lorn Wayne posted:

yeah you could say he isn't very NERMAL

Booo!

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Jim Davis hasn't drawn a garfield comic in years

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

hey man, it would've been right at home in a garfield strip :(

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

273423-X posted:

Mrs. Davis, please consider marriage counseling

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lorn Wayne posted:

hey man, it would've been right at home in a garfield strip :(

that doesn't make it better

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

273423-X posted:

does someone else draw it now? or do they not make garfield anymore

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Parallax Scroll posted:

does someone else draw it now? or do they not make garfield anymore

yes

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
garfield used to threaten to mail nermal to abu grahib, which seems pretty extreem imho

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

no joke i have like 14 garfield collection books in my closet

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As a teenager I suffered from severe depression and formed a strong bond with the character Garfield and his outlook. Its sad but reading garfield anthologies obsessively was the only thing that made me feel normal and it eventually took on something of an erotic fixation.

To avoid feeling like a sicko I drew pictures of garfield with a womans(Think Pamela anderson circa 1991) body and garfields head, so that I was assured that my fixation wasn't with animals or repressed homosexuality. This garfield/pam hybrid still had the same biting wit and acerbic outlook and tended to cut herself in self loathing while wolfing down a lasagna to fill the void after sleeping with drawings of a much more handsome and muscular version of myself. These drawings eventually evolved into erotic fanfiction starring garfield and myself (In my head Garfield still has a womans body but someone reading the stories would think Im having sex with regular Garfield.) I killed off Jon in a jealous rage, I didn't touch Odie, I enjoy his companionship and don't mind if he watches.

The stories are your pretty basic wish fulfillment stuff, balanced with self loathing rants. I've been doing this near daily for years and I have a substantial amount of writing in a folder I keep buried in 8 different folders.

My girlfriend stumbled across them by accident when they came up in a search and is pretty freaked out. How can I show her I'm just a normal guy with a weird outlet for my psychological problems and not some kind of sicko?

Here is a small sample so you get the picture.

I looked at her as she lay on the floor crying, my satisfied cock dripped droplets of life juice on her toes, flaccid yet still distended, looking satisfied like a man who has just run a mile and is rewarding himself with a slice of pie.

She reached for the knife as she always did and sliced into her familiar wound, mumbling 'i hate you, i hate you'. Its your own worthless soul you hate, god hates us all and thats why he laughs, he created the world to laugh at our pain, now eat up! I kicked her in the stomach incapacitating her and as she doubled over forced a pan of lasagna down her stupid throat, she coughed most of it up but I made her lick up every last drop as she cried the tears of an empty soul I found my cock get hard from her pain and went for her ***, rubbing her blood gushing forearm into her stupid face.

Odie looked at me with a look of fear mingled with hatred but he new not to interfere, and I could tell by his doggie hardon that he didn't truly mind, she would suck him off later he knew for my amusement. I made her suck many people off, to gain friends in the community but mostly to humiliate her and destroy any self esteem she had left.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Actually, OP, Jim Davis has a team who churn out the comics and hasn't drawn a Garfield comic for two decades. It was his end goal, being a former ad executive, to create a comic that has global appeal and plenty of merchandising opportunities, and to work on it as little as possible.

He gets his boner from making money, and his hard-on will exist for all eternity.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Toxxupation posted:

As a teenager I suffered from severe depression and formed a strong bond with the character Garfield and his outlook. Its sad but reading garfield anthologies obsessively was the only thing that made me feel normal and it eventually took on something of an erotic fixation.

To avoid feeling like a sicko I drew pictures of garfield with a womans(Think Pamela anderson circa 1991) body and garfields head, so that I was assured that my fixation wasn't with animals or repressed homosexuality. This garfield/pam hybrid still had the same biting wit and acerbic outlook and tended to cut herself in self loathing while wolfing down a lasagna to fill the void after sleeping with drawings of a much more handsome and muscular version of myself. These drawings eventually evolved into erotic fanfiction starring garfield and myself (In my head Garfield still has a womans body but someone reading the stories would think Im having sex with regular Garfield.) I killed off Jon in a jealous rage, I didn't touch Odie, I enjoy his companionship and don't mind if he watches.

The stories are your pretty basic wish fulfillment stuff, balanced with self loathing rants. I've been doing this near daily for years and I have a substantial amount of writing in a folder I keep buried in 8 different folders.

My girlfriend stumbled across them by accident when they came up in a search and is pretty freaked out. How can I show her I'm just a normal guy with a weird outlet for my psychological problems and not some kind of sicko?

I looked at her as she lay on the floor crying, my satisfied cock dripped droplets of life juice on her toes, flaccid yet still distended, looking satisfied like a man who has just run a mile and is rewarding himself with a slice of pie.

She reached for the knife as she always did and sliced into her familiar wound, mumbling 'i hate you, i hate you'. Its your own worthless soul you hate, god hates us all and thats why he laughs, he created the world to laugh at our pain, now eat up! I kicked her in the stomach incapacitating her and as she doubled over forced a pan of lasagna down her stupid throat, she coughed most of it up but I made her lick up every last drop as she cried the tears of an empty soul I found my cock get hard from her pain and went for her ***, rubbing her blood gushing forearm into her stupid face.

Odie looked at me with a look of fear mingled with hatred but he new not to interfere, and I could tell by his doggie hardon that he didn't truly mind, she would suck him off later he knew for my amusement. I made her suck many people off, to gain friends in the community but mostly to humiliate her and destroy any self esteem she had left.

I'm really not understanding cahracter motivations, maybe post this in creative convention for constructive criticism?? in particular, why does pamfield believe god hates her if she has a pan of lasgana to eat

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

kuddles posted:

Actually, OP, Jim Davis has a team who churn out the comics and hasn't drawn a Garfield comic for two decades. It was his end goal, being a former ad executive, to create a comic that has global appeal and plenty of merchandising opportunities, and to work on it as little as possible.

He gets his boner from making money, and his hard-on will exist for all eternity.

Jim, please try communicating with your wife. you cant live in denial about your impotency like this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Minarch posted:

I'm really not understanding cahracter motivations, maybe post this in creative convention for constructive criticism?? in particular, why does pamfield believe god hates her if she has a pan of lasgana to eat

Garfield loves lagainia

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toxxupation posted:

hosed up if true

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i don't remember this one for some reason

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kuddles posted:

Actually, OP, Steve Jobs has a team who churn out the software and hasn't sat at a terminal for two decades. It was his end goal, being a former ad executive, to create a brand that has global appeal and plenty of merchandising opportunities, and to work on it as little as possible.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

symbolic posted:

i don't remember this one for some reason

ol' jimmy was going through a pretty dark phase at the time, rumours have it that he wasn't even eating lasagne everyday, pretty hosed up.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
in the very first comic it si revealed that jon is a cartoonist and garfield is a cat. what if the whole time it was the other way around???

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Minarch posted:

in the very first comic it si revealed that jon is a cartoonist and garfield is a cat. what if the whole time it was the other way around???
what ever happened to lyman

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

what ever happened to lyman

he was to gay for the 1980s

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
i hear that jon and liz are dating now? kinda jumping the shark there

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Minarch posted:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he was to gay for the 1980s

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXtd4jBFbv0

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Minarch posted:

iirc for the 25th anniversary of garfield, davis set up a poll of some sorts and asked fans what he should change about the comic. the #1 answer was, and i quote, "Give Jon a life".

so ergo, right over the shark

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGtniX4QrU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lasagnacat is beautiful and i love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007