Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
new house has a theater and I wanted to put bean bags in it instead of couches. any thoughts? any goons doing the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if youre twelve

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

buy inflatable chairs

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
yes

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone have the story about the dude who poo poo himself in a bean bag chair because he could just hose it off?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I had one of those sumo beanbag chairs. awesome for video games, sex having. not so good for being taken seriously as a grownup.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you can't cuddle/penetrate on a beanbag. get adult furniture.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I knew someone in college who had one of these:

http://www.lovesac.com/

He was really weird. You probably are too.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you can't cuddle/penetrate on a beanbag. get adult furniture.

You directly contradict the prior post. Cite your sources

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my source is not dating women who loathe themselves

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Replace your carpet/floor boards with about a foot of memory foam. Furniture is for people that don't understand the joys of minimalism.

Aug 4, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

my source is not dating women who loathe themselves

your loss buddy

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Replace your carpet/floor boards with about a foot of memory foam. Furniture is for people that don't understand the joys of minimalism.

Would this actually work? How would you walk around?

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

I knew someone in college who had one of these:

http://www.lovesac.com/

He was really weird. You probably are too.

Uhh actually those look really comfortable. (I am an adult with no weird furniture fwiw)

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
to whomever says the American Dream is dead, I ask you this: how otherwise could a man so stupid be able not only to afford a home, but one containing a theater?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

it will remember your steps and take you to where you want to go after awhile

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

It would absolutely work and you'd walk like you do in snow except the snow springs back. Hell you don't even need to walk you can just hurl your body from one end of the room to the other like a fish out flopping out of water.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i think you should layer prayer mats

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

bean bags are the modern cool sofa

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
why are they all so many hundreds of dollars, i just want one for my office but that's a ridiculous amount of $$ for something that should cost like 50 bucks

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh I came up with an even better idea. Rip up your floor boards and make a nice hole in the theatre. Line it with concrete so it's waterproof and fill it with water. Then just get a couple of inner tubes and inflatable mattresses.

e: Before you ask. Yes that could actually work. The same way you'd walk in shallow water or you could just built a suspension bridge across it.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep posted:

why are they all so many hundreds of dollars, i just want one for my office but that's a ridiculous amount of $$ for something that should cost like 50 bucks

There is a company called comfy sack that makes reasonably priced ones. You can get a 7ft one that seats 3 people for like $300

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol if you get like the REALLY big ones

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
https://www.liberator.com

it's advertised as sex furniture, I found it in a sex castle outside phoenix az, but a friend of mine bought one and its the most comfortable thing i've ever watched a movie in in my life. best couch replacement ever

edit: that link can get a little NWS, so careful

Dr. Dogballs Jr. fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 5, 2015

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I had one of the giant 6' bags in college. Instead of being filled with the little foam pellets I remember as a kid, this one was filled with pretty big rectangles of foam. It was pretty awesome for gaming in, not so much for banging. People who came to visit did like sitting in it, so that was cool. Overall I'd buy one again, but not in place of a couch. For a home theater, I could go either way. Maybe some real chairs and then the bags in front, so you can switch it up?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
the answer is always yes.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

symbolic posted:

buy inflatable chairs

Fill them with helium so you can float around around the room when watching movies

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I bought a giant love sac and grew to hate it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Might as well just install a ball pit

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Lord of Pie posted:

Might as well just install a ball pit

Sorry I don't have enough autism to allow that

DannDaniel
Nov 17, 2013
Accurate description found on lovesac.com :

DannDaniel fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 5, 2015

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
https://www.lujo.com.au

I use and reccomend the bean lounger

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

new house has a theater and I wanted to put bean bags in it instead of couches. any thoughts? any goons doing the same?

ur rich.

i hate u.

do whatever.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
uh no idiot you put loveseat reclining lazy boys in that bitch

how the gently caress are you gonna hook up with a girl you brought back to your theater on bean bags?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I got a luv sac for ya right here OP

escalator incident
Oct 1, 2005

Sorry for the convenience.
Fun Shoe
lovesac owner checking in. AMA

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
BEAN BAG CHAIR! BEAN BAG CHAIR! BEAN BAG CHAIR!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No, OP. The moment you possess enough of your own money to buy a beanbag chair is the moment you have outgrown them. It is one of the tragic ironies of our existence.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Applewhite posted:

No, OP. The moment you possess enough of your own money to buy a beanbag chair is the moment you have outgrown them. It is one of the tragic ironies of our existence.

poo poo just got real itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
Buy some old cinema seats, those always seem to be in vogue

• Locked thread