Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
you can totally use a gun for stealth takedowns, it's called pistol whipping you basic bithces

only one spare mag? this skrub needs 2 git gud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

a pick set like a lock pick set? where the gently caress are those legal?

Everywhere except Nevada

In a lotta states tho if you have one while acting sneaky they can autocharge you with a felony. But if you got em in yer house it don't matter. You gotta practice a lot though and its real fukken nerdy

raton fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 5, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What I don't understand with EDC dorks is the need for 3 different flashlights.

Like they have a gun, tactical murder knife, survival paracord iphone case, keychain with like 8 multi-tools, 3 flashlights. I get it, you're prepared if Hans Gruber takes over the Best Buy in Nakatomi Tower but the flashlights make no sense.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I also noticed that the exhibited goon is not carrying a knife. At first I thought maybe the "Minius B" was a type of knife, but now I think its Mini USB.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

would you be happy with just one type of murder fantasy?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

jfood posted:

would you be happy with just one type of murder fantasy?

That's like saying a Cenobite should just have one nail in their head and be happy, get real. Variety is the spice of :kheldragar:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

to slit his wrists if the gun jams

gotta deny the enemy a kill

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Knives are the best close-range weapon that exists, has infinite ammunition, and can be used for any number of non-killing purposes.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

you know what the saying don't bring a gun to a knife fight means ya loving scrub? means a knife will gently caress your poo poo up.

GOD

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The Human Crouton posted:

Knives are the best close-range weapon that exists, has infinite ammunition, and can be used for any number of non-killing purposes.

only axes get you into valhalla

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
If that guy is wearing a NASA logo, he had better work for NASA. Doing otherwise is false advertising and is also unethical.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
I've carried a pocket knife since I was a kid. Probably since around 6th grade to my memory. Everyone should carry a nice folding knife. Anything from a one hand opener to a swiss army knife to an Old Timer. Just keep it under 3" so you don't get accused of having a weapon.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
My favorite knife is the kind that has a fork and a spoon on it because it has a fork and a spoon on it. I have heard of some knifes that come with sporks, but I find them excessive.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Guys, the inch rule isn't real in most places. Many states have very, very ambiguous laws regarding carrying knives.

naem
May 29, 2011

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Guys, the inch rule isn't real in most places.

Yeah, your mom doesn't enforce it

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

like what are you going to accomplish with a 3 inch long blade that you cant do with two mags with 15 9mm rounds when a store is being robbed

What kind of a gay rear end question is that? What am I going to do with a tool? Cut poo poo, pry poo poo, and gently caress your sister.

Next question.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

What kind of a gay rear end question is that? What am I going to do with a tool? Cut poo poo, pry poo poo, and gently caress your sister.

Next question.

Forgot to say "stir soup"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Guys, the inch rule isn't real in most places. Many states have very, very ambiguous laws regarding carrying knives.

I'm sure the knife lobby is working on some 2nd amendment clarifications tho.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Robo Reagan posted:

a pick set like a lock pick set? where the gently caress are those legal?

Anywhere that Amazon.com delivers to, I guess?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Everywhere except Nevada

In a lotta states tho if you have one while acting sneaky they can autocharge you with a felony. But if you got em in yer house it don't matter. You gotta practice a lot though and its real fukken nerdy

There's a lot of places, mostly in the Southwest, where the same applies if you're caught carrying around wire cutters.

If you have them in your home or part of a toolkit, it's okay, but roaming around with them solely, it looks like you're aiming at doing some trespassing.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 5, 2015

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If you carry a gun it's probably because you're a paranoid cretin so it's not about are you likely to need a knife it's about is there any possible situation imaginable where you might want a knife in addition to a gun, including those solely existing in the tequila nightmares of a white nationalist mental patient

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Always gotta carry a knife in case a fierce game of mumblety-peg breaks out

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

Anywhere that Amazon.com delivers to, I guess?

All the lock pick sets are sold by shady third party guys who mislabel everything and hate the gubmint and ship in plain envelopes etc etc

I ordered a set for my bro as a christmas gift along with a little lock mounted in clear plastic so you could see the pins, it was kinda cool, I'm sure it put me on a list or something, oh well

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Lock picking is a good skill to have. It's kind of hosed up that that most people don't know how a device(their door lock) works even thought they all use it 2-4 times per day.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

It's called a bayonet, you goober!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

if you get served a steak with plastic silverware you should probably just eat it with your hands

But I'd get A1 or catsup on my fingers.

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
you ever tried to perform a tracheotomy with a gun

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Because within 20 feet a knife is more dangerous than a gun. Look it up.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Knives are for babies! Real men use real Hanzo Steel™. Slay your foes and make the Shogun fear you, today! Three easy payments of $199.99 and if you order now you get a free fedora that is worth $50.00.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Because within 20 feet a knife is more dangerous than a gun. Look it up.

From a pre-draw stance, they sure are.

Really, knives are horrifying. Everyone take one Kali/Arnis/Escrima class, and you will realize that you have no idea what they can do. Guns win > 30 ft, but inside of that, knives are king. They are god-status in the hands of people who know how to really use them, and still scary as gently caress if some idiot happens to attack you with one.

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict
Knives are tools. They are handy for opening boxes and those stupid blister packages. I usually have one on me all the time, like I have my phone and my watch.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Robo Reagan posted:

like what are you going to accomplish with a 3 inch long blade that you cant do with two mags with 15 9mm rounds when a store is being robbed

You got probated for a week in crackhead clubhouse

lmao jesus what a god drat dumbass you are

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Guns are for wieners but I always carry a knife with me because it'll be more useful than my long sword indoors and it gets bonus backstab damage. could probably one shot a kid

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
Run at me with a knife within 20ft distance while I have my gun holstered and see what happens lol. Your knife superiority bullshit will go straight down the shitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-xIssgT-o

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Run at me with a knife within 20ft distance while I have my gun holstered and see what happens lol. Your knife superiority bullshit will go straight down the shitter.

No knives in that video. Only guns and cool hair.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Run at me with a knife within 20ft distance

what about 10ft or 5ft, or 1ft

I can play like I'm 13 years old too

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lock picking is a good skill to have. It's kind of hosed up that that most people don't know how a device(their door lock) works even thought they all use it 2-4 times per day.

At best it's like a 2/10 on the "to have" scale.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sheep-Goats posted:

At best it's like a 2/10 on the "to have" scale.

But when you need it, you really need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

you would get stabbed repeatedly, as the tueller zone is a universally scientifically replicable phenomenon that real-world police forces take into consideration, and is thus not busted by a clip from a tv show or your obese bravado

• Locked thread