Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Hello! My name is MonsterWalk and I'm a fan of a bad team.

As a fan of a bad team I can tell you that football season is a lovely mix of cowardly hope and accelerating despair. This year, I'd like to do something about it and I'd also like to help you!

I know you. You don't have a team or wish you didn't. Maybe your QB is broken or maybe your o-line couldn't stop Eric LeGrand or maybe you're just a Cheifs fan, whatever. I know the pain you're feeling. You still want to root for your team but you also want to invest in good football. It's ok. It's natural.

Who can help? What can we do?

We can find you a Foster Team. With a little help from your friends: TFFF. (The Football Funhouse Fosters)

A Foster Team. would be your secondary NFL team. An NFL Mistress, if you will. Consider this the NFL version of "Ashley Medison" without all the Duggaring. You'll still begrudgingly love and passionlessly root for your main team but you'll have a new, hot Foster Team.

Here's how it works:

1.) Post your vitals in the thread like so:

Team:
Why I'm Sad: (Give a brief synopsis of why your team makes you sad.)

Likes: (List three things you love. Ex: Great D, Fast WRs, The Color Green.)

Dislikes: (List three things that you hate. Ex: Weak Secondary, Fumbles, Alex Smith.)

2.) One of our local TFFFers will quote your post and offer their team as a foster for the week. They'll tell you a bit about their team and tell you why their team is a great fit for you!

3.)The Foster Fan will watch a game that week and report back to the thread, reflecting on their experience.

4.) Either Adoption or back to step 1!

C'mon, TFF! Help the less football fortunate, Foster A Fan today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
Team:
Why I'm Sad: The Browns are bad and continue to be bad.

2. Simple D scheme
3. Cool Offensive Coordinator

Dislikes:
1.The Steelers
2. Bad O-Lines
3. Old, Busted WRs

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

MonsterWalk posted:

Team:

2. Simple D scheme

Dislikes:
1.The Steelers
2. Bad O-Lines
3. Old, Busted WRs
Reversal of fortune! You are now a Titans fan!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

think I'll just kill myself instead

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It worked for me!

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

MonsterWalk posted:

Team:

2. Simple D scheme

Dislikes:
1.The Steelers
2. Bad O-Lines
3. Old, Busted WRs

The Bengals.........reject your upbringing and join The Dark Side. :getin:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Second the Bengals.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Team: The Houston Texans
Why I'm Sad: The grandest experiment in taking in former Patriots yet

2. Offense that isn't excruciating to watch
3. Good QBs

Dislikes:
1. Constant screens and draws on 3rd and long
2. Loudmouth coaches
3. Gingers

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Broncos

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Team: Cleveland Browns

You know, I love going to the muni lot, and I love the family-friends connection I have with this team. I hate the team itself though. I hate the fact that ever since Butch Davis went mental they've tried to do this Bill Belichick circa 1992 poo poo with running the ball and stopping the run. No one in the loving NFL does this any more, not even Bill Belichick himself.

The loving team REFUSES to draft playmakers and has made it this grand lovely tradition of drafting offensive and defensive lineman with our first picks. So while other teams get the Julio Jones's of the world? we get stuck with some lovely offensive lineman that doesn't do a single drat thing

I cheer for this team also partially out of spite. A lot of the idiots in the greater akron-canton-kent region have given up on the Browns because they have a weaker disposition for bad football than I do. The teams they now follow is the Steelers. These are people that have never set foot in the state of Pennsylvania, have probably never even been to Sheetz let a lone Primanti Bros, yet they have the loving nerve to brag about their titles to my face all the loving time.

I love my stupid team, but they really need to adopt a fast paced passing offense and make it playmaker based.

1. History
2. Passing oriented offense.
3. Decently cool looking jerseys/merchandise. (I'm in the market for a new hoodie to wear.)

Dislikes: (List three things that you hate. Ex: Weak Secondary, Fumbles, Alex Smith.)
1. Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals

To add? My dad bought two shares of Packers stock when they went public so I'm really, really tempted to go follow them a lot more closely than I have in the past. He's said the rights would be mine when he's done with them and he said that I could even go to the shareholders meeting on his behalf sometime. (we've recieved stuff in the mail for this). I realize the whole "Stock" tihng is kind of bullshit but it's kind of a fun excuse for me to follow them

My youth football team growing up was also named the Packers, and I think they could perhaps be a good fit if there's any packers goons who want to get me into them

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Team: Buffalo Bills

A totally new football fan. Picked the Bills cuz I like underdogs. What I wasn't anticipating was Rex Ryan's Penalty Showcase.

1. Underdogs
2. Cool merch
3. Passing-based O

1. The Patriots
2. The Dolphins
3. Penalties

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bills are not a bad team they just have a coach with only one game plan.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

MonsterWalk posted:

Team:

2. Simple D scheme

Dislikes:
1.The Steelers
2. Bad O-Lines
3. Old, Busted WRs
Congratulations you are now an Arizona Cardinals fan. Join the bandwagon before it fills up, the road to 18-1 begins now.

Okay the defensive scheme isn't simple but whatever, you'll live. Also, the offensive coordinator is technically some dude named Harold Goodwin...but really it's Bruce Arians, and he's one cool motherfucker.

And since you're a Browns fan, you're likely familiar with the quarterback work of Carson Palmer. But now, you don't have to quiver in fear as he unloads bombs on your defense. Which, really, Bruce Arians loves. He learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 5, 2015

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Team: Texans
Why I'm Sad: Front office likes money, doesn't care about football

1. Lots of passing
2. Defenses that generate turnovers
3. Good line play

1. Bad kickers
2. Bad owners
3. The color blue

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

He said "offense that isn't excruciating to watch" and "good QBs"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol no

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Serious answer to everything you asked for is the Patriots. They're even getting lots of sacks this year! You basically get to watch what your Patriots retreads are failing to duplicate for real!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
We all should be Patriot fans. It is the team we all deserve.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Congratulations you are now an Arizona Cardinals fan. Join the bandwagon before it fills up, the road to 18-1 begins now.

Okay the defensive scheme isn't simple but whatever, you'll live. Also, the offensive coordinator is technically some dude named Harold Goodwin...but really it's Bruce Arians, and he's one cool motherfucker.

And since you're a Browns fan, you're likely familiar with the quarterback work of Carson Palmer. But now, you don't have to quiver in fear as he unloads bombs on your defense. Which, really, Bruce Arians loves. He learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

SOLD!

I'm an Arizona Cardinals Fan this week! I'm excited to root for the unholy, unnatural re-surging Carson Palmer and smooth Koach Kangol.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Ehud posted:

think I'll just kill myself instead

A viable third option!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Team: Bears
Why I'm Sad: The Bears cannot develop talent, specifically QB, yet always win just enough games to never draft in the top 3 in their franchise history. So no shot at ever getting a Luck, Manning, etc that doesn't need developing

1. Points. All of them, as long as they have 1 more than the other team
2. Unleashing the dragon
3. Great offensive lines

Dislikes:
1. Relying on defense
2. Relying on running game
3. Rest of NFC north

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MonsterWalk posted:

Team:

2. Simple D scheme

Dislikes:
1.The Steelers
2. Bad O-Lines
3. Old, Busted WRs

Intruder posted:

3. Good QBs

Dislikes:
2. Loudmouth coaches
3. Gingers

FuzzySkinner posted:

Team: Cleveland Browns

You know, I love going to the muni lot, and I love the family-friends connection I have with this team. I hate the team itself though. I hate the fact that ever since Butch Davis went mental they've tried to do this Bill Belichick circa 1992 poo poo with running the ball and stopping the run. No one in the loving NFL does this any more, not even Bill Belichick himself.

The loving team REFUSES to draft playmakers and has made it this grand lovely tradition of drafting offensive and defensive lineman with our first picks. So while other teams get the Julio Jones's of the world? we get stuck with some lovely offensive lineman that doesn't do a single drat thing

I cheer for this team also partially out of spite. A lot of the idiots in the greater akron-canton-kent region have given up on the Browns because they have a weaker disposition for bad football than I do. The teams they now follow is the Steelers. These are people that have never set foot in the state of Pennsylvania, have probably never even been to Sheetz let a lone Primanti Bros, yet they have the loving nerve to brag about their titles to my face all the loving time.

I love my stupid team, but they really need to adopt a fast paced passing offense and make it playmaker based.

1. History
2. Passing oriented offense.
3. Decently cool looking jerseys/merchandise. (I'm in the market for a new hoodie to wear.)

1. Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals

To add? My dad bought two shares of Packers stock when they went public so I'm really, really tempted to go follow them a lot more closely than I have in the past. He's said the rights would be mine when he's done with them and he said that I could even go to the shareholders meeting on his behalf sometime. (we've recieved stuff in the mail for this). I realize the whole "Stock" tihng is kind of bullshit but it's kind of a fun excuse for me to follow them

My youth football team growing up was also named the Packers, and I think they could perhaps be a good fit if there's any packers goons who want to get me into them

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

A totally new football fan. Picked the Bills cuz I like underdogs. What I wasn't anticipating was Rex Ryan's Penalty Showcase.

1. Underdogs
2. Cool merch
3. Passing-based O

1. The Patriots
2. The Dolphins
3. Penalties

Daedra posted:

Reversal of fortune! You are now a Titans fan!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

Team: Bears
Why I'm Sad: The Bears cannot develop talent, specifically QB, yet always win just enough games to never draft in the top 3 in their franchise history. So no shot at ever getting a Luck, Manning, etc that doesn't need developing

1. Points. All of them, as long as they have 1 more than the other team
2. Unleashing the dragon
3. Great offensive lines

Dislikes:
1. Relying on defense
2. Relying on running game
3. Rest of NFC north

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It is a shame to see [A 'THE BROWNS' FAN] root for the Steelers coordinator and his Steelers West Football Club no matter the cost. good luck

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Intruder posted:

3. Good QBs

Dislikes:
2. Loudmouth coaches
3. Gingers

So there's the Vikings, but the QB part may be a bit of a sore subject...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

We have been sorely lacking in a mod watching the Vikings since Gendo left.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Korranus posted:

Team: Texans
Why I'm Sad: Front office likes money, doesn't care about football

1. Lots of passing
2. Defenses that generate turnovers
3. Good line play

1. Bad kickers
2. Bad owners
3. The color blue

I'm sorry you dislike the color blue, but you are now a Patriots fan. This may trigger you.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Why I'm Sad: They don't really make me sad, they make me angry. I need a second team to turn to when I can no longer watch due to the insane penalties/half the team is injured again/forgot how to offense. This previously was Cleveland but I have realized I don't hate myself nearly enough to be a Bills/Browns fan.

1. Playmaking D (sacks and picks for days! So what if we gave up 500 yards?)
2. The term 'scrappy underdog'
3. Good special teams

Dislikes:
1. The Patriots. Seriously, gently caress the Patriots.
2. One-note offenses
3. Cement-footed pocket QBs

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Palmer unleashes the dragon? Really?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Shameful rear end fans itt. The only acceptable reason to root for another team is if your main teams name is super duper racist

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Palmer unleashes the dragon? Really?

Yeah, Bruce Arians loves the deep ball. His QB's take a ton of hits for it.

Palmer's sucked at them this year (2 of 14 on passes 20+ yards in the air), but last year he was 8/29 in 6 games.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Cavauro posted:

It is a shame to see [A 'THE BROWNS' FAN] root for the Steelers coordinator and his Steelers West Football Club no matter the cost. good luck

He has been baptized and redeemed in the Arizona Wastes. He is pure.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
If you guys would stop demanding even mildly competent QB play the Jets would be the team for you all :)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
As a browns fan you will be uniquely prepared for the traditional end of season QB roulette after Palmer gets injured in week 10.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Cavauro posted:

He was a Browns coordinator first I think.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Bengals bandwagon is closed. No one else is allowed to root for them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Flikken posted:

He was a Browns coordinator first I think.

The whole division was just eachothers' coordinators and position coaches (or from college teams in eachothers' states) but let's not get nitpicky when the truth is right there in your hearts

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The Bengals bandwagon is closed. No one else is allowed to root for them

Aw, shucks! They look like they'll be very good this year. I think there is still room for a Chiefs fan or two.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The Packerwagon is always open. We have lots of beer and bratwurst and also a really good QB... and somehow 13 sacks in the last 2 weeks, when did we get a pass rush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Tempest_56 posted:

Why I'm Sad: They don't really make me sad, they make me angry. I need a second team to turn to when I can no longer watch due to the insane penalties/half the team is injured again/forgot how to offense. This previously was Cleveland but I have realized I don't hate myself nearly enough to be a Bills/Browns fan.

1. Playmaking D (sacks and picks for days! So what if we gave up 500 yards?)
2. The term 'scrappy underdog'
3. Good special teams

Dislikes:
1. The Patriots. Seriously, gently caress the Patriots.
2. One-note offenses
3. Cement-footed pocket QBs

Have you considered College Football? I feel like Northwestern Wildcats or a dozen other teams fit the bill.

• Locked thread