Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
Hello my fellow academics and esteemed colleagues. In my newest essay I have published the lengthy research I conducted to discover what I consider to be the very first meme. This meme is silicon dated to be even older than the few remaining "try to watch this without laughing" videos that have been for too long thought to be our oldest memes. Feel free to follow the link given on the video app tablets provided by the seminar, or if you are more comfortable logging in to The Collective Cloud via your eye-drives please do so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk
I will be taking questions afterwards.
Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm tron gay

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Recently found what seems to be an archaic form of media (silver disc-shaped object with one reflective side and one inscribed with writing) labeled "Hamster Dance"; retrieval of the data within may substantiate Goldwitz's "Theory of Proto-Crazy Frog". Analysis reveals it to be Canadian (New Alaskan to those unfamiliar with the history of the superstate) in origin. Will report back once a method to retrieve data from the disc is found.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
I have recently returned from a dig site located along the southern shores of western Colorado. I was able to recover what the memians of antiquity may very well have called a "lapped Computer". After hours of trying to stabilize and recover the data contained within the extremely warn machine, its almost intolerably slow i7 3.5Ghz processor began to cooperate with me. The only file in the system was labeled "schfifty five.mov". I watched excitedly to see what our memester ancestors had left for us. My life has never been the same. I cannot find a moment's rest without the sounds of the insidious film rattling throughout my brain. Its call echoes to me at all hours. My only peace is found in the moments that I break and find myself watching the work on repeat for days at a time. I will never share what I have found, for I feel it is too powerful, and I would not wish this curse on my greatest enemy.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
times were simpler then...

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
in 2088 , hipsters dress up with their holo clothes as numa numa, badger badger, chocolate rain, and so on

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

are you ready for some mr t ate my baws? *country music plays*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
id like to attend but every member of my gender was replaced with sexbots in the sadman revolt of 2044

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Evidence shows that our ancestors worshipped cats and dogs

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

whoflungpoop posted:

id like to attend but every member of my gender was replaced with sexbots in the sadman revolt of 2044

This statement is hosed up, even though it is the truth.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
memelolgical studies

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"You see, it was about ethics in video games journalism."

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
We believe we have traced the origin of this meme back to a telegram sent by Winston Churchill to the German forces in World War II after a successful sortie to capture the Axis' various outputs and sites of operation:
code:
All your base are belong to us.
You have no chance to survive make your time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What is that man doing to his anus!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
An alien ship investigates the ruins of a long-dead New York City . . .

"General, sir! I found a page filled with links to all the information we seek!
Everything we've been searching for is all here in one place!"

*clicks first link*

"Hmmm . . . this link labeled kennedy_actualshootervid.mpg leads to a video of a man dancing and singing a jaunty song while a bartender cleans a glass."

*clicks second link*

"Sir, the next link labeled illuminati_originsandhistory.pdf directs me to the same smiling man singing the same song."

*click*
*click*
*click*
*click*

"Sir, every link on this page leads to the same thing! What does it mean?"

"Well lieutenant, this civilization isn't just going to give away their history. Clearly the answers are all encoded into this music video.
I want every available resource dedicated to its analysis. This is the key to unlocking the secrets of Earth's last civilization. Let's move it, move it, move it!"

*General walks away humming*

♫Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down!♫
"drat, that's catchy!"

• Locked thread