Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Premieres Sunday Oct 4

The death-stare we all love is back

Margo Martindale and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are joining the cast this season

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
guess i'm excited to watch an eps of TGW without having to wonder if margulies/kalinda would be in a scene together

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I enjoyed the first episode, looks like it could be a fun season. Bond court hell was great, partner meeting hell was funny, expert hell was a good case and the Devil was excellent, as usual.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope that Lucca Quinn is gonna be a recurring character, she's cool. I thought it was a pretty great episode. No more awful political main plot (just the normal political background plot), a fun court case, and Character Actress Margot Martindale is always great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

I hope that Lucca Quinn is gonna be a recurring character, she's cool. I thought it was a pretty great episode. No more awful political main plot (just the normal political background plot), a fun court case, and Character Actress Margot Martindale is always great.

Yea. I am down for a whole season of Eli vs Lucca.

Still not sure why the writers decided to blow up Alicia being state's attorney. That could've been a lot more interesting than basically hitting the reset button and having her do lawyer shenanigans again. Also she could have still done cases as SA(I think?), they would just be high profile or important ones.

All will be forgiven if she goes to work for Marty McFly though. :getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lucca is the Bar Attorney, Margot Martindale's character is named Ruth Eastman.

They are both cool however.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Did they ever say what happened to Cary/Alicia's associate who also plays the boyfriend on Mr. Robot?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I heard the last season was extremely bad, was it bad bad or just bad in relation to previous excellent seasons? I wasn't too hot on the Alicia runs for office subplot and it kind of fell out of my rotation after she started getting serious about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The way they did Kalinda real dirty left a dirty bad taste in my mouth. But otherwise it was an ok season. I wasn't bothered by the political stuff like others though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

I heard the last season was extremely bad, was it bad bad or just bad in relation to previous excellent seasons? I wasn't too hot on the Alicia runs for office subplot and it kind of fell out of my rotation after she started getting serious about it.

Yea it was a drop in quality compared to the previous seasons, but it was still ok.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

It wasn't unwatchable or terrible but it wasn't that great either. Basically the reason you lost interest is why it wasn't that good,

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
All of a sudden, Grace is working for Alicia: yo, school is out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bornbytheriver posted:

All of a sudden, Grace is working for Alicia: yo, school is out.

I bet Zach would've worked for less money. What with being cut off and probably homeless because Alicia is cold as gently caress

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Expect to see a lot of Quinn. She is Alicia's new ethnically diverse friend and token black character of the show.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Last season was alright, I enjoyed some of the political stuff. Her campaign managers yelling at each other over how to make the video properly was always fun.

I'm so excited for Alicia and Eli teaming up. Eli is by far my favourite character and I was annoyed they just kinda dropped his subplots (the Natalie Flores thing was a bit silly but it was nice).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha Alicia firing not-Kalinda. Man there must have been some bad blood between those 2 for it to get this petty.

No idea what's up with the new love interest investigator. I guess he really wants to bone Alicia if he turned down the better job.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I saw the first episode. Haha Man, I love Eli getting his hackles up. That is the best goddamned poo poo in the world.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Haha Alicia firing not-Kalinda. Man there must have been some bad blood between those 2 for it to get this petty.

No idea what's up with the new love interest investigator. I guess he really wants to bone Alicia if he turned down the better job.

Juliana Margulies did interviews talking about how they had to CGI their last meeting because Kalinda's actor was busy and had to do another show called The Fall for the BBC. Then Kalinda's actor did interviews saying The Fall wasn't even in production at the time.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait, did Margulies and Panjabi have a falling out?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Coohoolin posted:

The Good Wife is a mystery show wrapped in a drama show. TV historians are going to be all over this.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Coohoolin posted:

Haha, I'm kinda wondering if this is a serious question?

Season 7 has started out okay, I guess. The second episode was better than the first at least, and it's nice to see that Eli has something to do. Too bad they don't seem to have come up with anything intersting for Cary and Diane.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I expect the show to get super dumb, when the political campaign gets into gear with Hillary and stuff.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dang don't become enemies with Eli Gold

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Underdog Eli is the best Eli. Loved all the stuff with Howard too.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Underdog Eli is the best Eli. Loved all the stuff with Howard too.

...except how can they drag us into a DIANE VS ALICIA once again and this time, based on a small misunderstanding!

I do hope (and it sounds like it from the last scene) they go somewhere with the corruption theme because Alicia was very much leading her client into a lie.

The actor that plays the possibly corrupt judge was Tasha Yar's boyfriend on Yesterday's Enterprise.

Edit: the more I think about it the more irritated I am with the Diane/Alicia setup. Alicia gave Howard the most simplistic advice and he should have known all of it already. "I heard him talking to Alicia!" when it was her mother-in-law.

That said, Howard dating her MIL seems right somehow, haha. The step-FIL she deserves. Howard is never going to be ousted out of that firm.

hepscat fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 19, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Whatever happened to her Cuban tough guy caretaker

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hepscat posted:

Edit: the more I think about it the more irritated I am with the Diane/Alicia setup. Alicia gave Howard the most simplistic advice and he should have known all of it already. "I heard him talking to Alicia!" when it was her mother-in-law.

That said, Howard dating her MIL seems right somehow, haha. The step-FIL she deserves. Howard is never going to be ousted out of that firm.

I hope Alicia spins it to make it seem like she told Howard to work harder rather than sue. Which she did. Diane vs Alicia is just boring.

Eli is loving amazing though. I laughed everytime the door hit his desk in the tiny office.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

hepscat posted:

The actor that plays the possibly corrupt judge was Tasha Yar's boyfriend on Yesterday's Enterprise.

Definitely corrupt I think, we are absolutely supposed to believe that the FBI was right he would have taken the bribe if he wasn't tipped off.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Liked that episode because there was a lot going on.
Even though therre were a few WTF moments it was still entertaining. I thought Howard was previously portrayed as not just lazy but incompetent and almost senile but he's been woken up by Carrie and is now calculating and clever. And the actress playing Jackie was an opera singer so that was a cute reference.

Alicia cites "attorney client privilege' to Diane but has no problem explaining the whole messy FBI sting situation to Eli. :confused:

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Definitely corrupt I think, we are absolutely supposed to believe that the FBI was right he would have taken the bribe if he wasn't tipped off.
The judge is corrupt but now it's in the service of Eli Gold so that's okay.

The Mama's Homespun Cooking show was fun.

"I had some wine at lunch but I haven't been drinking"
"Great meeting, screw you"
"If we had one more chair we could have a prayer circle"
"Eli, I'm a little too busy to be deal with random words coming out of your mouth"

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It made absolutely zero sense for Alicia to tell Eli the specifics of that investigation. That was some dumb writing.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
A few observations:

This is is Alicia responding to Howard's: They are pushing me out! Cary, that little gerbil.

Really, the other lawyer's name is Luca Quinn?

Peter's campaign chief had a similar drink moment to Eli's when Marilynne Garbanzo announced her perspective child's name was going to be Peter.

This show is really good at dressing its female characters into the most outlandish clothing.

This is Jackie, she is wearing a white pants suit, she looks like someone who ran away from an asylum or a meth lab:

This is Luca, her jacket is made out of sofa upholstery fabric:

bornbytheriver fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 19, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Don't forget that it was the 2nd time that Diane was wearing a chain as a necklace. it owned

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I am enjoying this season because Eli is best when he is out for blood.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Binary Logic posted:

Alicia cites "attorney client privilege' to Diane but has no problem explaining the whole messy FBI sting situation to Eli. :confused:
I thought they had those scenes back-to-back so that we would realize how bad Alicia hosed up, as soon as she said that to him I was sure there would be consequences. It'll probably come up later but I don't really want another season of "Alicia is under investigation for ______" so hopefully they manage to avoid that somehow.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Mu Zeta posted:

Whatever happened to her Cuban tough guy caretaker

didn't Eli deport him after he realized he was having sex with her

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Everything that happens in that bond court make me angry

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

...and it was all because that mother shoplifted a $900 sweater and gave it to her daughter as a gift.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Just think, if Alicia didn't run her mouth to Eli that judge would be gone right now.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Binary Logic posted:

...and it was all because that mother shoplifted a $900 sweater and gave it to her daughter as a gift.
I'm curious what was going on with the second woman who was arrested. I doubt they'll revisit it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

misguided rage posted:

I'm curious what was going on with the second woman who was arrested. I doubt they'll revisit it though.

And all the other black women who were (maybe?) unfairly targeted by the store.

• Locked thread