Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
the dude who lit a bonfire under the beehive on his swingset

quote me if you remember this one

also the "for better or for worse" fireman who thought "some things just aren't worth dying for!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
This is the first thread I've ever read, OP.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

taking the gas chamber challenge and being banned like 2 days after I registered

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

posting in the schadenfreude thread when i first joined

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
oh man, i also remember a forum called helldump and this loving funny as gently caress topic about this guy named kuuenbuu

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
When I read the posts by Total Biscuit and went into a coma due to laughter.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
A bunch of people photoshopping weird Peter Pan screengrabs, which later devolved into a long discussion of Disney movies in general because back then liking and enjoying things wasn't illegal

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FYAD

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

goatse

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

i read FYAD back when i was like 17 years old. i didn't really get what was going on but all of the posts seemed to be making these subtle cutting remarks aimed at my own personality which really hurt. i'm not totally sure what was up but i think it might have been an early warning sign of predisposition to mental illness. i haven't gone back since

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I remember the Esco thing had just blown up and Esco had been permabanned. That and some of Bigpeeler's zoo stories.

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
for reference, i started reading/posting in 2006

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
A friend had an account, so we started a terrible terrible photoshop thread, and it failed and was forgotten.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
talking about a fantasy movie in GBS (before CD existed) where a main character was black and it devolved into a discussion of table top gaming in general and I made what I thought was an obviously sarcastic comment that black people don't play D&D then forums poster Darth-???? (can't remember) appropriated it at face value called me some kind of racist frat bro Chad keeping black people oppressed or something. it's a weird memory. I wonder where they're at.

Edit: name was DarthVersace. I seem to recall they were a 'she'. Can't find them now though. C'est la vie.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 5, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my earliest gbs memory is posting in some stupid thread where all we did was post the many faces of Goofy, one of which was my avatar for a month

that was mid-July i think?

gently caress i'm new

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Some thread a guy made about his girlfriends dad who murdered his wife who he called "Mr Murder." That and Zergling Minor posting about a guy who was on his way to kick his rear end. Those are the earliest ones that stand out to me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I made a post about how much a I hated Taco Bell's 4D taco ad, and lowtax chastised me.

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

tetsuo posted:

frat bro Chad....black people
jon pop?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

for reference, i started reading/posting in 2006
whose parachute account are you?

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

whose parachute account are you?

i've been banned probably 30+ times since so i don't think anyone would recognize me

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I wasn't around for his rise+fall but the bits and pieces posted about him since make him sound like a piece of poo poo so no.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Big peeler, elf pron, and like the Button Balls story that I can't believe isn't in the SAclopedia. And Mr T ate my balls.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've been reading the forums since 2002 but I didn't have an account until 2005. My earliest memories are P-P-P-P-Powerbook, Rob Liefeld loving sucks, and Mr. Water

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax

SalTheBard posted:

I've been reading the forums since 2002 but I didn't have an account until 2005. My earliest memories are P-P-P-P-Powerbook, Rob Liefeld loving sucks, and Mr. Water

lmao i remember the p p p powerbook

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
a link to this

http://chrisbucholz.com/2006/10/25/so-i-guess-i-got-kicked-off-another-my-little-pony-forum/

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lets get all nostalgic about a message board

you goons are cancer goons

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world
fireshoes.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a real jerk posted:

lets get all nostalgic about a message board

you goons are cancer goons

This post op is my oldest memory

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

the dude who lit a bonfire under the beehive on his swingset

OH DEAR LORD! BEES!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
goatse.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
That goon who slept at the library and had to do a huge poo poo

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

"I found a digital camera in the woods"

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
is anyone else gay

(im gay)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i already said this you shtidick

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
reading a thread in helldump about that really gross smelly chick

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
The earliest thing I distinctly remember is reading a thread about Katrina approaching New Orleans. This was before I was a paid member. I also remember some really good pants-making GBS threads threads from about the same time.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

dude smelling his sister's panties

good stuff

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

:nms:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

for real, my first real memory was the guy from Scotland whose girlfriend got suckered into selling bibles and school textbooks door-to-door in southern California for lovely pay. then some guy who did the same thing years ago came into the thread defending the company and Lowtax said "lol you sold bibles"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

why

• Locked thread