Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Oberleutnant posted:

my nigga are u for real

taint reaped again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

taint reaped again!

gently caress

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

XMNN posted:

i guess this is what they meant by a surgical strike

have another yellow box friend

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Constant Hamprince posted:

*starts performing root canal while soldiers machine gun each other across the street, is surprised when this goes poorly*

is this going to be the standard pro america response?? that its the hospitals fault for being in the way of the bombing

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

a thread in which we express genuine and complete shock at the idea of a hospital on the literal frontline of a pitched battle being bombed

eSports Chaebol posted:

i mean maybe ppl were surprised by tamerlane's day but if you choose to live an afghanistan today youre practically begged to be shot by imperialists so i dont know what to tell you

The Taint Reaper posted:

Let's build a hospital in an active warzone and not father away in a place where a greenzone could be established.
lol at all the idiots in this thread who don't seem to realize that this was a precise US drone strike that killed dozens of innocent people and children.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

so did they get the terrorists

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

XMNN posted:

Wow

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

XMNN posted:

goldmine

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

coldplay chiptunes posted:

lol at all the idiots in this thread who don't seem to realize that this was a precise US drone strike that killed dozens of innocent people and children.

guy with the nintendo klansman avatar real worried about drone strikes over here

also it wasn't a drone, it was real live red-blooded americans in a C-130 gunship who shelled that hospital. probably because the dumb afghan grunts called it in

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
"America surprisingly bombs hospital for no loving reason, claims hospital was bad. Laughs"

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Let the Democrats win this time, God, so nothing can change but with 90% less whining

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015
Those talibans couldn't have picked a better place to get bombed

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
and yeah no surprise the strike was called in by afghans troops, probably high as balls on opium or maddened with lust for a nearby barnyard animal

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I am the guy that burned to death on the operating table lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

and yeah no surprise the strike was called in by afghans troops, probably high as balls on opium or maddened with lust for a nearby barnyard animal

Maybe they thought it would be a larf

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
An awful thing for sure, but doesn't screaming war crimes seem a bit histrionic?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

XMNN posted:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

solaranus posted:

An awful thing for sure, but doesn't screaming war crimes seem a bit histrionic?

The spokesman for MSF I heard on the radio wasn't screaming and if this was intentional it is a cut and dry war crime. Afghanistan has said it was on purpose => it is a war crime.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

solaranus posted:

p sure it's not histrionic to scream war crime when an actual war crime happened lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
is there go pro footage?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

p sure it's not histrionic to scream war crime when an actual war crime happened lol

prove intent

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

XMNN posted:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
22 less terrorists imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

probably negligence more than actual malicious intent but either way it's p hosed

the bit that is most damning imo is fine you hosed up, but then they said 'nah we've been fighting terrorists in that spot for days' then they totally backtrack and go 'no wait sorry.'

though to be fair the US military is probably going to be way more careful than the Russians or the Israelis or basically anyone else on Earth so I'm more willing to believe this is a colossal gently caress up versus an actual war crime. I don't blame the doctors for freaking out though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im glad we helped liberate a country where its culturally appropriate to molest children

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chinatown posted:

im glad we helped liberate a country where its culturally appropriate to molest children

looks like we aren't done liberating. just a bit more liberty for you

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Yeah it really goaded the Taliban's goat to see bell anklets on those tots

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Chinatown posted:

i wasnt aware the usa was dropping bombs on the palace of westminster :effort:

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Who are they gonna prosecute though? The poor guy that pulled the trigger is gonna live with that mistake for the rest of his life, but lollin if you think he did it with full knowledge of who was on the other end.

By crying war crimes they're just incentivizing the local military to "accidentally" burn the site to the ground, or not be able to retake it from the Taliban for the next month or so. Give people a reason to lie, and they will be much more likely too. By starting from an assumed war crime, instead of tragic accident they're just going to ruin families chances at full compensation, and completely ruin any chance at an honest investigation, because there won't be an investigation without the US to secure the area.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

5 lmao

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

solaranus posted:

an honest investigation

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Big Boss runs hospitals in Afghanistan? The conspiracy deepens.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the united states is a nation of swine

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tezzor posted:

the united states is a nation of swine

Were once a colony of literal pig fuckers so this checks out.

DCFADP

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

solaranus posted:

Who are they gonna prosecute though? The poor guy that pulled the trigger is gonna live with that mistake for the rest of his life, but lollin if you think he did it with full knowledge of who was on the other end.

By crying war crimes they're just incentivizing the local military to "accidentally" burn the site to the ground, or not be able to retake it from the Taliban for the next month or so. Give people a reason to lie, and they will be much more likely too. By starting from an assumed war crime, instead of tragic accident they're just going to ruin families chances at full compensation, and completely ruin any chance at an honest investigation, because there won't be an investigation without the US to secure the area.

Or, by crying war crimes, you draw international attention and hopefully reduce the odds it happens again in the future by making the US army a little more careful about calling in air strikes.

A couple victims saying 'war crime!' isn't going to cause all that poo poo you're talking about because a) they ultimately have no influence on anything and b) the US is pretty poo poo but afaik we aren't actually mustache twirling villains who are going to eradicate the entire area to make sure any witnesses to an alleged war crime stay silent.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Moridin920 posted:

probably negligence more than actual malicious intent but either way it's p hosed

if there's anything that 14 years at war in Afghanistan should have taught Americans, it's that the incompetence of Afghan soldiers is a force more powerful than gravity. People dying because a soldier of the Afghan Army made a mistake isn't malice or negligence, it's the natural result of giving even a fraction of the awesome power of modern military technology to an opium addicted illiterate peasant

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah it was hilarious when they just ran away and ISIS took all their poo poo that we gave them

i mean it was bad but it was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

A couple victims saying 'war crime!' isn't going to cause all that poo poo you're talking about because a) they ultimately have no influence on anything and b) the US is pretty poo poo but afaik we aren't actually mustache twirling villains who are going to eradicate the entire area to make sure any witnesses to an alleged war crime stay silent.

It's not that they're going to actively cover it up, but "Hey guys let's go secure this hospital for these MSF guys so they can try and jail the guy that's been doing air support for us for the past week. Also they want to prosecute people for war crimes." Last article I read claimed the area was still held by the Taliban fwiw

• Locked thread