Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

msf repeatedly told the usa where they were and not to attack. usa blaming afghanis doesnt really work at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
its very clear that terrorists have infiltrated the military and perpetrated this awful attack

i think it's time they started bombing themselves to root out the problem,

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
This isn't an outlier. Strikes on civilian targets are a daily occurrence. Just last week the Saudis struck a wedding in Yemen in one of the other proxy wars happening in the region, killing 70 people including many children. The only difference here is that MSF have a huge following and a voice.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
who cares they probablyt deserved it anyways i bet at least half of them were terrorists

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yeah 16+ year old males if it hadn't turned out they'd bombed an ngo theyd be getting chucked in the definitely dead terrorists we swear pile

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

death to america

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TEAYCHES posted:

death to america

le scumbag stacy

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

death to america

:agreed:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
if they hadnt done the 9/11 in the first place we never would have been there so this really all goes back to it being hteir own fault anyways

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
some belligerent d&d war fanboy is arguing that doctors without borders treating alleged taliban is a war crime lmbo

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Tezzor posted:

some belligerent d&d war fanboy is arguing that doctors without borders treating alleged taliban is a war crime lmbo

There's a tom clancy game where the main character disguises as a wounded soldier to infiltrate the enemy hospital, then he kills the doctors and the people who rescued him

It's not a war crime if an american does it

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

wasn't somebody alleging that Palestine had Transformers-style buildings that folded out to reveal Scud missiles

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the us simply doesnt allow itself to be prosecuted for war crimes. like, there could be an unprecedented global consensus to have a trial and the us still wouldnt give a poo poo because no real countries are willing to go to war over it. so, they get to do whatever they want with no legal consequences.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Let's add yet another thing to the list of disgusting poo poo America has done...

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

the us simply doesnt allow itself to be prosecuted for war crimes. like, there could be an unprecedented global consensus to have a trial and the us still wouldnt give a poo poo because no real countries are willing to go to war over it. so, they get to do whatever they want with no legal consequences.

Yeah you need more than an agreement to do something against the US, like say a military and a pair of nuts

Reminds me of liberals and gun control.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
are idiots ITT seriously arguing in favor of the taliban??

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Obama said he was pulling the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and closing Guantanamo, and giving free healthcare and a bunch of other poo poo he said during his campaign. I thought he was against war, I thought he'd bring change, now all I think is we should be busting into the white house and executing every single one of these thugs on live TV.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nooner posted:

Just for their free healthcare

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I thought Obama said he was pulling the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and closing Guantanamo, and giving free healthcare and a bunch of other poo poo he said during his campaign. I thought he was against war, I thought he'd bring change, now all I think is we should be busting into the white house and executing every single one of these thugs on live TV.

Start with Capitol Hill there champ

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Serious Frolicking posted:

the u.s. has actually signed ~102 bilteral agreements never to send Are Troops to the ICC. the strongarming behind this was one of the largest pieces of damage done to u.s. diplomatic credibility (aside from like, invading iraq) but it was never big news

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

XMNN posted:

i guess this is what they meant by a surgical strike

goldmine

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

it's goons, nooner, nothing should surprise you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

XMNN posted:

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Would the US really intentionally bomb a hospital? Seems like a gently caress up. A routine gently caress up at this point. Maybe all the drone pilots Are drinking sizzurp on the job.
Afganistan, and probably the whole "muslim world" is cursed. Everybody give up on. Let it die. Then in a couple decades it can be repopulated with sane people. Maybe. Maybe best to just leave a swath of our world as a graveyard, and reminder of what religious bullshit and war for profit causes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Obama brought the troops out of Iraq but only because the Iraqi government didn't want to renew judicial immunity agreement for US soldiers.

So Iraqi government forced him to follow once his feel good campaign trail promises.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the US has committed lots of war crimes i dont see why its a big deal

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

Obama brought the troops out of Iraq but only because the Iraqi government didn't want to renew judicial immunity agreement for US soldiers.

So Iraqi government forced him to follow once his feel good campaign trail promises.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/09/politics/u-s-considering-1000-additional-troops-in-iraq/

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

XMNN posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it wasn't so much leaving Iraq, as a return back to Go, start at the special forces advisors only stage lol.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Nooner posted:

Please show me a single post that does this.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Freestyle posted:

Please show me a single post that does this.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745265&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post451066645

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
every afghan who speaks to me, a well-armed service member, has nothing but praise for the occupation and hopes that it lasts literally forever

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

XMNN posted:

i thought theyd copped to this one but apparently theyre going for collateral damage lol

obama is a war criminal

Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
lol if you think the US will leave afghanistan while the islamic republic of iran exists

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I've always loved the facist overtones of the phrase "smart bomb"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
TBH there probably were taliban hanging around there

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

every afghan who speaks to me, a well-armed service member, has nothing but praise for the occupation and hopes that it lasts literally forever

Yeah just please dont rape their 14 year old daughter, murder her, murder her family, and then set fire to the bodies. Oorah

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Millions of Crows posted:

Would the US really intentionally bomb a hospital? Seems like a gently caress up. A routine gently caress up at this point. Maybe all the drone pilots Are drinking sizzurp on the job.
Afganistan, and probably the whole "muslim world" is cursed. Everybody give up on. Let it die. Then in a couple decades it can be repopulated with sane people. Maybe. Maybe best to just leave a swath of our world as a graveyard, and reminder of what religious bullshit and war for profit causes.

Afghanistan was cool back in the 50s and early 60s. Sunni and Shia were cool with one another before the US started meddling in Iran and the Levant. Insanity has resulted from tinpot dictatorships like Saddam and the Shah, and from decades of conflict. If you head to places like Amman or Muscat where they haven't been consistently hosed with, you'll find chill people who mean well.

The curse is you.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I guess they shouldn't have gotten in the way of the us' war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if that hospital didnt want to be bombed it shouldnt have been located in the place that we dropped bombs. just poor planning on their part.

• Locked thread