Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
soccer is goddamn terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
its better than that monstosity you call football

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

vug posted:

its better than that monstosity you call football

football is fine ur prolly just watching a 9ers game

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
both versions of football are gay and dull

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

i don't like the stupid powdered wigs they all wear

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
gently caress british weather.

witch's tit

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
"Oi guv at least our footballers don't wear body armour!"
-A bunch of stupid cunts

Did anyone say the Royal Family yet???

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
Every American i've seen fight irl has immediately tried somekind of lovely mma takedown then got the poo poo kicked out of them.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
They allow eggs and pork & beans to coexist and touch. That is fundamentally perverse and unnatural.

TEAH SYAG fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 6, 2015

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

cabbagedude posted:

Every American i've seen fight irl has immediately tried somekind of lovely mma takedown then got the poo poo kicked out of them.

You must not see a lot of real 'murricans* fight.

The only real reason to hate the british is for their breakfast.

They're always like "Hurff durff american breakfast is so fattenning, eat this sausage made out of loving blood and eat these beans instead." At least our loving 'brekkie' tastes loving good and we don't talk like loving infants, lol 'brekkie'**

*Autocorrect wanted to correct that to loving hurricane, America gently caress Yeah!

**I was talkin to my dad earlier and was fuckin around and said brekkie, he told me to stop being a baby human being and say breakfast like a normal adult.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
refusal to acknowledge US role in saving their bacon in WWII, peddle a revisionist history where it didn't happen

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude

Lard Goat posted:

They're always like "Hurff durff american breakfast is so fattenning, eat this sausage made out of loving blood and eat these beans instead." At least our loving 'brekkie' tastes loving good and we don't talk like loving infants, lol 'brekkie'**

*Autocorrect wanted to correct that to loving hurricane, America gently caress Yeah!

**I was talkin to my dad earlier and was fuckin around and said brekkie, he told me to stop being a baby human being and say breakfast like a normal adult.

That's because only children say brekkies, we say brekkers, like proper adults

Ether Drunk
Jan 31, 2007

The French developed their superiority complex because they were always comparing themselves to the English

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

cabbagedude posted:

THE gently caress? Do you honestly think that is better somehow? The US should have been handed the English language, and THE ENGLISH should of had to make up something new. Call it "Fooktar' Sphookin" or some poo poo.

For real though, the UK is a failing empire and the US is strategically thinking out its next conquest. We didn't get the first few right, but we're young, we'll hit our stride soon.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

cabbagedude posted:

Who'd like a banger in the mouth?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

They have the same annoying loving accent as new Zealand & Australia and south african ppls

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

karma_coma posted:

They have the same annoying loving accent as new Zealand & Australia and south african ppls

Sorry, you got that backwards. Or maybe not? Did they become so jealous of their obvious superiors that they decided to change their accents?

They would of chose a nice and right american accent but they were scared of us.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They can't even watch their "footie" matches without trampling each other to death

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lard Goat posted:

THE gently caress? Do you honestly think that is better somehow? The US should have been handed the English language, and THE ENGLISH should of had to make up something new. Call it "Fooktar' Sphookin" or some poo poo.

The truly beautiful thing about the English language is that it has a karma clause built into it for whenever you try to poo poo on the way someone else uses it. Personally I can't wait to see where I hosed up just then.

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The truly beautiful thing about the English language is that it has a karma clause built into it for whenever you try to poo poo on the way someone else uses it. Personally I can't wait to see where I hosed up just then.

You're so right. I hosed up the english language. I am the monster. Except for the fact I don't call breakfast, brekkie or brekker. gently caress the english, gently caress the queen, suck my dick.

Poz Party Pooper
Feb 16, 2014

never been inside an english home but if TV is accurate they all have hideous wallpaper and really uncomfortable-looking furniture

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Poz Party Pooper posted:

never been inside an english home but if TV is accurate they all have hideous wallpaper and really uncomfortable-looking furniture

A clockwork orange?

Which is probably the only good thing to come out of England, since forever.

Well the movie was boss, and was based off the ramblings"book" on an english guy.

old wooden ships fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 6, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ill Peripheral posted:

"Oi guv at least our footballers don't wear body armour!"
-A bunch of stupid cunts

Did anyone say the Royal Family yet???

bunch of loving inbred Germans. Off with their heads the French had the right idea

can you imagine how hosed up busted the princes would look if Diane weren't nearly as pretty?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lol if you need reasons to hate things

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

sout posted:

does GBS get a new UK megathread or "british people are dumb" thread more often I wonder

Once a month and they're always boring and repetitive.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I thought it was usually just a thread for UK people to have teachat

sout
Apr 24, 2014

i'm british, uk thread is alright but pretty byobby

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
british people are irritating to look at while they go about their lives.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

lite frisk posted:

is it just me or do some english people overemphasize their accents whenever they're abroad?

whenever i overhear that over-the-top received pronunciation i want to mock these people to their faces. i've lived in london and been to most of the u.k. nobody there actually talks like that you insecure twat.

You just notice it more against the other accents when you're abroad. Just watch lovely reality tv about brits on holiday, you'll soon realise that most English people sound the same abroad and its when you go to upper class places that the pronunciation really comes into play.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Baracula posted:

All this hurts coming from the descendents of people who failed so hard making a life in Europe they had to start again on easy mode.

Theyre butthurt Baracula

Fluo
May 25, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

football is fine ur prolly just watching a 9ers game

Don't you mean handegg

Lard Goat posted:

American breakfast is what a 12 year old would choose for breakfast if they got their way. Its loving dessert

Fluo fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 6, 2015

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Segregated state-funded schools in Scotland.
TV licence.
I don't know why this is, but nursery/kindergarten/preschool nurses are always young women with really huge, enormous, flabby fat arses (and not in a good way) but they all drive these loving stupid tiny little cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

british people literally eat poo poo they call them bangers but that's just what humans called dookie since the golden era

• Locked thread