Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, neither Irony Be My Shield nor always be closing reported to me at all (and I definitely saw Irony around the forums). So if you're paired with either of them or Sigma-X, don't expect to get a game in.

Regardless, this is the last round because the week after is Thanksgiving and, yeah, I'm not even going to try to get things working during that time considering my schedule and likely other Americans as well.

http://challonge.com/ThunderdomeV

Report in by 11/19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Oh man, now I get paired up?! Thisuck meet me on IRC or PM me or whatever so I can crush you mercilessly. Or just scoop to me so we can all win!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Sorry Ramos I forgot to tell you, I let ibms know, but I gotta drop and concede to him. Work schedule is hosed for a while.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sorry I assumed ABC reported that to you already.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alright, in that case things work out nicely. The two dropouts got paired together. So, Irony, I'll be available for a match any time from Friday 3PM EST and forward. What's a good time?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Softnum I'm working from home today so I can bang this out today, tomorrow after 5, or early Saturday. Let me know what works.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

KidDynamite posted:

Softnum I'm working from home today so I can bang this out today, tomorrow after 5, or early Saturday. Let me know what works.

I'm on IRC when I'm available. Today might be rough, but tomorrow night sounds good. If we miss that I should be available most of the weekend.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

TheLawinator: when are you free? I can play tonight or tomorrow night if that's convenient. Otherwise we can work something out for the coming week.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Those are good, I could even play right now if you're free.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Finally free, but it's pretty late and I don't see you on IRC. Are you free at around 7:30 pacific tomorrow or later?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

odiv posted:

Finally free, but it's pretty late and I don't see you on IRC. Are you free at around 7:30 pacific tomorrow or later?

yes sir

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0 in IBMS's favor. Ulamog pretty much curb stomped me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

TheLawinator beat me 2-0 even though I had Cutthroats putting in some extra work and draining twice sometimes.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Odiv conceded game 2 because zulaport cutthroat randomly triggers twice repeatedly for no reason. I guess that's 2-0?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

We noticed it happening when there was a Cutthroat on the battlefield and one in the graveyard that had died earlier in the turn and then later it happened again when there was one on the battlefield and one on the stack.

I suppose we could have rolled back the turn and tried to gently caress around until the triggers came out properly, but I was dead anyway, so I conceded.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Oops totally forgot about this. I'll be on irc tonight from 7 PST

Edit: Steve bopped me 2-1

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 18, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1. Game 1 and 2 are kind of mixed up in my head but I missed some land drops in one (1 I think) and lost to double Butcher of the Horde matching up pretty poorly against my hand of 6 cards I couldn't cast. Game 2 I had double Collected Company. One was good, one was awful but good enough. Game 3 I kept double Company, Survival of the Fittest, 4 lands and hoped I didn't draw a land turn 1 (I did) and that his draw wasn't too aggressive (it wasn't.) The first one hit double Lili :v: while the second hit Catacomb Sifter and a Cutthroat. I eventually ground him down with 3 Cutthroats I found from Survival until I got a Lili Emblem and cast 2 Hangarbacks for 0 in one turn still with 3 Cutthroats out and him at 10 life.

tl;dr: Lili Emblems are sweet.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Results are in. Thisuck, IBMS, TheLawinator, and suicidesteve are in the top 4. If you guys are still up for it, we can hammer out the winner of that. Hopefully in a faster fashion than the usual rounds due to half the people being involved.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

IBMS I'm on most nights. You know where to find me. Come crush me like you really should have last time we played.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'll take that as a yes.

Suicidesteve vs IBMS

Lawinator vs Thisuck

No hard time limit this time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

I'll take that as a yes.

Suicidesteve vs IBMS

Lawinator vs Thisuck

No hard time limit this time.

I'm also ok with declaring the current standings as the final results. :v:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Nah, this is going to be the hill you die on. :v:

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

rematch! prepare yourself for a mighty beating.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

TheLawinator posted:

rematch! prepare yourself for a mighty beating.

Lets do this!

I should be on IRC from 8PM PST all this week, unless something crazy happens at work.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 after some good draws on my end. Game 1 I had him dead to me drawing any creature, and probably even without a creature, when xmage decided to skip my 2nd main phase, so I reset the turn forgetting that I had upkeep fetched and drawn the card to make him dead on board (Cutthroat.) Luckily at that point I had a Lili who was about to ult. His Atarka was forced to trade with my Nantuko Shade, which made for a pretty good EOT for me. Game 2 I mulled a 1-lander, kept 6 with double edict creatures + hangarback, wasted my first turn with a Duress against mana dorks and an Atarka, and edicted his 2 mana guys along with my Hangarback. Those 3/1s did a ton of damage, both in terms of life total and his ability to ramp, so that his turn 7 Atarka with him at 4 (I think?) life couldn't do enough damage to my board to let him live through the turn.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Any updates from Thisuck or Lawinator?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

I'm curious who I'm going to lose to in the finals. It'll be the 4th one of these things I lost in the finals, plus the one I lost in the semifinals.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Ramos posted:

11 pm EST is pretty rough for me but I'll be fancy free of any commitments starting tonight and tomorrow, so we should have it done then.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

TheLawinator posted:

11 pm EST is pretty rough for me but I'll be fancy free of any commitments starting tonight and tomorrow, so we should have it done then.

I'm about to head home now, I should be on IRC by 10PM EST.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Aight, sounds good.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Took it 2-1 with excellent highskillplays.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Final round is suicidesteve vs Lawinator. At your own pace, guys.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Standard sucks I still have my army of allah suck it nerds woo *does an ollie out of the thread*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I win 2/0. Game 1 I used my triple Catacomb Sifter draw to make sure I never drew a 3rd land for the rest of the game and got the random Fleshbag to flip Lili to reanimate Fleshbag value to kill his Soulfire and Thunderbeak. Game 2 he had an... ambitious keep and got his only castable spell Duressed. IIRC the only spell cast on his side was a Foul-Tongue which got my Scion token.

At least I can win the finals in a format that doesn't even count. :cry:

• Locked thread