Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

Is this 4 rounds of swiss and cut to top 4 or what?

Four rounds of swiss and then we'll see if any goons are still playing. If we do, it's onto top 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I lost to this 2-0.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

@Sigma I'm down to fight most times. Lemme know.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Ramos posted:

[url=http://challonge.com/ThunderdomeV]
edit: By the way, Thisuck, I'll be hanging out in #mtgoon tomorrow and throughout the week unless you want to set up a specific time.

I'll be home tomorrow night from my work trip. I should be online around 8 pst.

Edit: Err it's going to be Wednesday at the earliest I can play now

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 26, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheLawinator posted:

@Sigma I'm down to fight most times. Lemme know.

I can do late tonight, like 8:30-9:00 california time.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Free most days after 5EST so let me know what works for you, suicidesteve.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

KidDynamite posted:

Free most days after 5EST so let me know what works for you, suicidesteve.

My wife usually goes to sleep around 9, so any time after that works best for me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

When are you free, abc? I can generally play after around 9 Mountain during the week or earlier on the weekend.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-1 in Thisuck's favor.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 28, 2015

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

odiv posted:

When are you free, abc? I can generally play after around 9 Mountain during the week or earlier on the weekend.

Best time for me is 4-7am est Saturday morning or we can do it Sunday morning 1am-7am est. A little late for you I know, but figure about the same time I pinged you in irc last weekend.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

My wife usually goes to sleep around 9, so any time after that works best for me.

Ok tonight 10pm EST?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Ok tonight 10pm EST?

Maybe. If I'm around I'll post in here around 10. If not I'll be around on Saturday night and maybe late Friday night.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

@Sigma I'm sorry I wasn't around the other night, should be around most times over the course of this weekend.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheLawinator posted:

@Sigma I'm sorry I wasn't around the other night, should be around most times over the course of this weekend.

I actually passed out on my couch like 10 minutes after getting home so no worries.

I've got halloween parties tomorrow and saturday but can probably do something saturday earlier in the day or sunday.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

I actually passed out on my couch like 10 minutes after getting home so no worries.

I've got halloween parties tomorrow and saturday but can probably do something saturday earlier in the day or sunday.

Either one sounds good.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Steve got there 2-0. Crazy game 2 comeback for him.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 here. Game 1 I won the die roll and I'm pretty sure that was all that mattered; he was on the back foot the whole game. 2 Collected Companies and triple Cutthroats also helped. Game 2 I missed some lands and made a questionable fetching choice that cut me off of BB for the 2 Lilis in my hand. I was 100% sure I was dead, but Catacomb Sifter put in a TON of work. It scryed 4 or 5 lands to the bottom, and Evolutionary Leap kept the gas coming. I ended up coming back from a 30 to 1 defecit for a very close win.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

always be closing posted:

Best time for me is 4-7am est Saturday morning or we can do it Sunday morning 1am-7am est. A little late for you I know, but figure about the same time I pinged you in irc last weekend.
1am Sunday works for me, if you can do that.

The time changes at 2am thought right? Will that be an issue?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
It won't, Im trying to stick to the sleep schedule on the weekends, so I can make it happen. I'll wake up around then, put the coffee on and log in.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I have a little wiggle room, so an hour or so later wouldn't hurt, but any later than that and I might go to sleep if I don't see you. I'll keep an eye out for you in IRC.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I'm sad that I didn't see this thread til after it all started.. when's the next one of these going to go down? Cuz I want in

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

stinkles1112 posted:

I'm sad that I didn't see this thread til after it all started.. when's the next one of these going to go down? Cuz I want in

Whenever this one finishes, which will be in somewhere between two to five weeks depending on if there's enough interest to do a top four. I'll make sure to announce it in the main thread when I make the next thunderdome. I was possibly thinking of doing legacy next, unless anyone else has some suggestions.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

@Sigma, gonna have to be Sunday as I've been busy doing house maintenance all day. I'll idle in mtgoon starting early tomorrow.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

odiv posted:

I have a little wiggle room, so an hour or so later wouldn't hurt, but any later than that and I might go to sleep if I don't see you. I'll keep an eye out for you in IRC.

Omw odiv,just put the water on for tea.

e-odi got me 2-1

always be closing fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 1, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I won 2-1.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I'm still idling in #mtgoon, will be around for the rest of the night.

Edit: I'll probably give it until 1 am EST. At that point I'm gonna call it.

TheLawinator fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 2, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Good morning, world! Sigma-X failed to show up, so I'm defaulting this one to Lawinator.

http://challonge.com/ThunderdomeV

New pairings are up. The round will end on the morning of 11/11/2015.

KidDynamite, I won't be available until at least Wednesday, but beyond that, what works well for you?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

What's with the pairdowns?

Lawman I'll be around at night. Yell at me if you see me.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Ramos posted:

Good morning, world! Sigma-X failed to show up, so I'm defaulting this one to Lawinator.

KidDynamite, I won't be available until at least Wednesday, but beyond that, what works well for you?

came here to post that I got hung up and couldn't meet and should scoop. honestly I need to drop from the tournament, sorry guys :(

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Hey Odiv, do you have some time to play before Thursday of this week? I am available from 8PM to 12AM PST all this week up to Thursday.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

What's with the pairdowns?

Lawman I'll be around at night. Yell at me if you see me.

I am also generally around at night. I will idle in mtgoon later.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Thisuck posted:

Hey Odiv, do you have some time to play before Thursday of this week? I am available from 8PM to 12AM PST all this week up to Thursday.
Yeah, perfect. I might be able to do tonight after 8:30PM or so PST, but if not, then I should be able to do tomorrow.

See you on IRC?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Took it 2-1 over Steve.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Yep, 1/2. Game 1 I couldn't find any black mana, or lands in general, and lost with 5 black cards in my hand. Game 2 I had a pretty good draw and flipped a Lili whose emblem won the game (for the record I had a Murderous Cut so even if that Company hadn't hit a Fleshbag I was still fine.) Game 3 I mulled 2 1-landers, kept another 1-lander, drew 6 lands and died to 8 removal spells: quad Draconic Roar, double Crackling Doom, Radiant Flames, and Kolaghan's Command on top of double Thunderbreak plus the stupid land to get it back.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ramos posted:

Thursday after 5pm EST should work for me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

odiv posted:

Yeah, perfect. I might be able to do tonight after 8:30PM or so PST, but if not, then I should be able to do tomorrow.

See you on IRC?

Going to bed, Thisuck, didn't see you on. Catch you tomorrow?

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

odiv posted:

Going to bed, Thisuck, didn't see you on. Catch you tomorrow?

Yeah sorry, got kind of hammered last night, not the drinking kind, the working till 9 kind :(

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

Thursday after 5pm EST should work for me.

Alright, that sounds good. I'll need to be somewhere at 8PM, but it shouldn't take anywhere near three hours.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Thisuck trounced me 2-0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-1, me winning over KidDynamite.

I got to say, having played against two aristrocrats decks so far, if they draw Butcher of the Horde, I'm pretty dead without sideboard removal. Without that, the game plan is often too slow for G/W's threats.

• Locked thread