Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Eh sure why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

IBMS I'm out of town for the weekend. I'll be back Monday sometime so let me know what's up.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1 here. Game 1 wasn't even close to being close, game 2 was scary; I flooded a little but was just aggro enough to get there, and game 3 was a repeat of game 2 without the flood.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

KidDynamite you should just scoop to me since I got paired down and all.

When do you want to play?

Is this 4 rounds of swiss and cut to top 4 or what?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Free most days after 5EST so let me know what works for you, suicidesteve.

My wife usually goes to sleep around 9, so any time after that works best for me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Ok tonight 10pm EST?

Maybe. If I'm around I'll post in here around 10. If not I'll be around on Saturday night and maybe late Friday night.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 here. Game 1 I won the die roll and I'm pretty sure that was all that mattered; he was on the back foot the whole game. 2 Collected Companies and triple Cutthroats also helped. Game 2 I missed some lands and made a questionable fetching choice that cut me off of BB for the 2 Lilis in my hand. I was 100% sure I was dead, but Catacomb Sifter put in a TON of work. It scryed 4 or 5 lands to the bottom, and Evolutionary Leap kept the gas coming. I ended up coming back from a 30 to 1 defecit for a very close win.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

What's with the pairdowns?

Lawman I'll be around at night. Yell at me if you see me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Yep, 1/2. Game 1 I couldn't find any black mana, or lands in general, and lost with 5 black cards in my hand. Game 2 I had a pretty good draw and flipped a Lili whose emblem won the game (for the record I had a Murderous Cut so even if that Company hadn't hit a Fleshbag I was still fine.) Game 3 I mulled 2 1-landers, kept another 1-lander, drew 6 lands and died to 8 removal spells: quad Draconic Roar, double Crackling Doom, Radiant Flames, and Kolaghan's Command on top of double Thunderbreak plus the stupid land to get it back.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Oh man, now I get paired up?! Thisuck meet me on IRC or PM me or whatever so I can crush you mercilessly. Or just scoop to me so we can all win!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1. Game 1 and 2 are kind of mixed up in my head but I missed some land drops in one (1 I think) and lost to double Butcher of the Horde matching up pretty poorly against my hand of 6 cards I couldn't cast. Game 2 I had double Collected Company. One was good, one was awful but good enough. Game 3 I kept double Company, Survival of the Fittest, 4 lands and hoped I didn't draw a land turn 1 (I did) and that his draw wasn't too aggressive (it wasn't.) The first one hit double Lili :v: while the second hit Catacomb Sifter and a Cutthroat. I eventually ground him down with 3 Cutthroats I found from Survival until I got a Lili Emblem and cast 2 Hangarbacks for 0 in one turn still with 3 Cutthroats out and him at 10 life.

tl;dr: Lili Emblems are sweet.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

IBMS I'm on most nights. You know where to find me. Come crush me like you really should have last time we played.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

I'll take that as a yes.

Suicidesteve vs IBMS

Lawinator vs Thisuck

No hard time limit this time.

I'm also ok with declaring the current standings as the final results. :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 after some good draws on my end. Game 1 I had him dead to me drawing any creature, and probably even without a creature, when xmage decided to skip my 2nd main phase, so I reset the turn forgetting that I had upkeep fetched and drawn the card to make him dead on board (Cutthroat.) Luckily at that point I had a Lili who was about to ult. His Atarka was forced to trade with my Nantuko Shade, which made for a pretty good EOT for me. Game 2 I mulled a 1-lander, kept 6 with double edict creatures + hangarback, wasted my first turn with a Duress against mana dorks and an Atarka, and edicted his 2 mana guys along with my Hangarback. Those 3/1s did a ton of damage, both in terms of life total and his ability to ramp, so that his turn 7 Atarka with him at 4 (I think?) life couldn't do enough damage to my board to let him live through the turn.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Any updates from Thisuck or Lawinator?

I'm curious who I'm going to lose to in the finals. It'll be the 4th one of these things I lost in the finals, plus the one I lost in the semifinals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I win 2/0. Game 1 I used my triple Catacomb Sifter draw to make sure I never drew a 3rd land for the rest of the game and got the random Fleshbag to flip Lili to reanimate Fleshbag value to kill his Soulfire and Thunderbeak. Game 2 he had an... ambitious keep and got his only castable spell Duressed. IIRC the only spell cast on his side was a Foul-Tongue which got my Scion token.

At least I can win the finals in a format that doesn't even count. :cry:

• Locked thread