Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We now enter the portion of this process where everyone dishes dirt on each other.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/sources-say-tension-with-dolphins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

quote:

Frustrations have been mounting for weeks, and escalated Saturday during practice prior to the game. Philbin has also been struggling on how to handle his franchise quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, who had been rattled even in practice sessions.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

A Pale Horse posted:

Thanks for making this thread about you and your hangups. Top notch job, really.

He really has hijacked this thread, like some kind of... I'm not sure what's the word really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If that story about Tannehill is true...

wow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Rated 5, thread delivers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ooooooh boy.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

NC-17 posted:

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

:stonk:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Haha, trolling Tannehill by intercepting him must be the most hilarious thing ever

And frequently I bet, too :allears:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Great contract for your fuccboi Miami.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
OH man I am loving stoked to hear about this insane dysfunctional team

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Trast posted:

It's hilarious that the coach responsible for literally three players is the only viable option on the team.

On the bright side if the players are a little more motivated maybe Tannehill won't die on the field. The dude has taken such a beating in his career and never missed a game.
I don't have any statistics, but I think promoting a positional coach to be the interim head coach is not particularly unusual. Unless one of them has HC experience, you probably don't want to promote one of the coordinators since they're busy doing their coordinator things. Though in the case of the Dolphins' DC I would assume he's getting canned too.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I just did some cursory checking and turns out the last coach fired after only 4 games was... Lane Kiffin in 2008, and Bruce Coslet was fired by the Bengals in 2000 after only 3!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
tannehill is the quarterback miami deserves

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A Pale Horse posted:

I just did some cursory checking and turns out the last coach fired after only 4 games was... Lane Kiffin in 2008, and Bruce Coslet was fired by the Bengals in 2000 after only 3!

I want to go back and experience the Al Davis overhead projector press conference again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A Pale Horse posted:

I believe Coslet actually quit because he was so mad about being horrible garbage. That could just have been a thing to save him some embarrassment though. Okay it definitely was, nevermind

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ehud posted:

If that story about Tannehill is true...

wow

To be fair if Cutler or Brady said this we would all be talking about how it owned

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

I thought Dennis Allen was fired last year after a week 4 London game

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Rooting for McDaniels or Schiano.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

NC-17 posted:

He really has hijacked this thread, like some kind of... I'm not sure what's the word really.

Thread's yours again. I originally sent Ehud a PM hoping to contain the convo there, not sure why he replied with his list of personal life tragedies in this thread as opposed to messaging.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I want to go back and experience the Al Davis overhead projector press conference again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27PNIz_vA8k

Go to around 8 minutes in for it to kick into gear.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
With the way some teams are going, I hope the league-wide new HC search starts proper like... week 7

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

I thought Dennis Allen was fired last year after a week 4 London game

Turns out you're right, the article I was looking at was from 2012.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ehud posted:

please nobody murder anyone in real life as the result of having seen Joe philbin in a beard and turban on the something awful forums

Can you not be glib? The dude told you he didn't like it so you could have just been cool about it.

Nov 6, 2002

A Pale Horse posted:

Turns out you're right, the article I was looking at was from 2012.

Gonna break that record when Chip Kelly is fired in week 3 next year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Apparently jet fuel can melt this thread

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

gas thread, re-hire philbin, we'll try this again next year

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

bobby2times posted:

Anyways, whos the next hot college coach thats going to ruin the Dolphins next?

Todd Graham is asking his wife if she has family in Miami.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

bobby2times posted:

Anyways, whos the next hot college coach thats going to ruin the Dolphins next?

Charlie Strong may be available soon, lol.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bring back Matt Moore

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sikhnasty

Nov 6, 2002

Tannehill was the real bully all along.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

where's Chad Henne

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Please don't intercept my trash quarterback in practice, it will hurt his feelings.

Hahaha. Philbin was the perfect coach for a QB that bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What's Cleo Lemon doing right now

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Why couldn't they have gotten Jimmy Johnson back.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Saban 2: return of the mack

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A Pale Horse posted:

Charlie Strong may be available soon, lol.

It's clearly time to let bygones be bygones and give Bobby Petrino another NFL shot.

For real though there aren't any darling college coaches (who might want to coach in the NFL at least) right now. The shine is off Gus Malzahn and Kevin Sumlin. Brian Kelly maybe I guess? I wouldn't want him but his name always comes up.

It would never happen in a million years but someone should hire Bob Stitt.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Today is a very good day

Nov 6, 2002

Parmesan Basil posted:

Can you not be glib? The dude told you he didn't like it so you could have just been cool about it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Burger Trench posted:

Ooooooh boy.

god damnit i wanted to like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Congratulations 'fins. My only question is if the current GM is the same guy that hired Joe in the first place, and if so whether he's getting the boot too.

Because if he is and he's staying, well you know what they say about the new boss...

• Locked thread