Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

See, when people do stuff like that I just wait until the very end of the day to email them and then the next day I do the same thing and then it takes like a week longer to get things done and I have a nice paper trail showing I emailed every single day. :)

Or you could just do your work and not slow everyone else down like a crybaby bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

White Noise Marine posted:

Or you could just do your work and not slow everyone else down like a crybaby bitch

Hey, I only slow down the people that are too stupid to answer simple questions and do simple things. And then with that extra time I actually bust my rear end for the people who aren't idiots. Works well because then the well liked and competent people have a good opinion of me and the stupid people don't like me, but no one else likes them anyway, so who cares?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

White Noise Marine posted:

lol you've never worked in an office setting before have you

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

lol you've never worked in an office setting before have you

Yes and no, never in a cubicle farm, but in a one man office under a oil rig

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
op is literally cum-flavored

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Im the person who ccs your boss to try and cut in line for poo poo you have to take care of.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I just straight up ignore e-mails and due to the placement of my desk I can see if people are coming over to talk to me so that's when I slide down under my desk and hide

seems to work

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

ArbitraryC posted:

Im the person who ccs your boss to try and cut in line for poo poo you have to take care of.

i have to CC the IT department's boss every time i try to talk them about poo poo because otherwise it takes them like 8 months to do stuff like replace a keyboard

i was literally hired into my department as IT because the college's regular IT department is worthless

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think read receipts are silly at times but usually quite useful because people often ignore their emails.

Please confirm receipt of this post.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What does the sender even get if I do say I have received it? Do they get an email saying so, because lol if so.

Anyway, it is the last day of work this week for many office folks, it should be a slow day since it's the day before loving Christmas Eve, but I am ready and waiting to be pissed off if someone actually tries to make me work today! I have a conference call in an hour and a half and I better not come out of it with a giant list of poo poo that needs to be done after Christmas!

P.S. I decided to turn this into the things about work that make me mad thread. So far:

-read receipts
-phone calls
-working

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

What kind of person asks for a read receipt on their emails? I mean seriously, what kind of loser must you be? I always select the box to not notify them that I have read their message, because gently caress them. I also make a mental note that the person must be a needy little bitch and then I ignore them for excessive periods of time.

Am I the only one who feels this way and responds in a juvenile, passive-aggressive manner?

Dear OP, many of us (well, a number of us) have grownup jobs where this is a needed thing. Sorry you are a poor lowlife.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cartouche posted:

Dear OP, many of us (well, a number of us) have grownup jobs where this is a needed thing. Sorry you are a poor lowlife.

:ironicat:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
PM, voicemail and email sent to op
re: acknowledgement of confirmation of action list item: reply to 'read receipts' post

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Here we go, everyone is trying to get as much poo poo off their plate as they can before Christmas so the emails are pouring in. Guess what assholes, I work from home, so I'm going to type up a response with a question to all of your emails and then send them all off at like 7 PM so you can't respond and it's off my plate before Christmas. Haha, suck it dickheads!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Any messaging program that allows the sender of a message to know when it has been read is pure evil. I should be free to ignore poo poo in secret at my leisure.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cartouche posted:

Man I've worked with a ton of clients and the one standard across all of them was that the only emails that requested read receipts were entirely unimportant questions about things the asker should already know, and always came from utterly expendable people who thought they were super important and vital. Is that you? That sounds like it might be you.

If you need read receipts to ensure people read your banal email turds then it means you send so much worthless email that people have started tuning you out. People that send emails that other people actually need to do their job properly don't need to pull that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Read receipts are almost exclusively reserved for paper trail/rear end covering by middle management.

• Locked thread