Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

loving lol though that america spends billions of dollars each year funding genocide at its own dire detriment out of pure spite

a mix of spite, guilt, and god knows what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ape Fist posted:

this is gonna end super well for them

yeah

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

plain blue jacket posted:

*Jesus descends from heaven but is obliterated by the Iron Dome. Retaliatory strikes on Palestines last kebab stall begins in earnest*

fucker should've seen it coming imo fool me once and all

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
christ killed by the christ killers well you don't say

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

christ killed by the christ killers well you don't say

What have the Romans got to do with this? A revealing post, though. I'm sure that you are simply anti-Zionist and not anti-Semitic. (How could you possibly be anti-Semitic when Semite refers to Arabs too, lol amirite?)

loving lol though that america spends billions of dollars each year funding genocide at its own dire detriment out of pure spite

I don't think genocide is the right word here.

quote:

Genocide: the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

In 2014 Israel killed more Palestinians than any year since 1967: 2,314. Much of those deaths were as a result of the conflict in Gaza. (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/27/israel-kills-more-palestinians-2014-than-any-other-year-since-1967). The total Palestinian population in Gaza and West Bank is about 4.4m, so Israel killed about 0.05% of the total Palestinian population. It's a shocking number but it's not extermination.

Genocide is the wrong word because:
1) It's simply inaccurate
2) It diminishes the power of the word compared to actual genocides like the Armenians, Rwandan, and (oh! what a coincidence!) the Holocaust.
3) It implicitly (and probably intentionally) draws a parallel between the Holocaust and the (indisputable) suffering of the Palestinians, which I don't think is an accurate one - you of course can disagree, but I don't see 6 million Palestinians or so being summarily executed, gassed, worked to death as slave labour etc in the Israeli equivalents of Auschwitz, Treblinka, etc, or even massacred in the tens of thousands by machete-wielding mobs. We all know that Israel has the military capacity to destroy much of Gaza and the West Bank, so it isn't a question of capacity.
4) It isn't necessary. Palestinians are oppressed, murdered, humiliated, dispossessed, unlawfully imprisoned, subject to collective punishment, the victim of war crimes, etc (not that they are guiltless themselves - which is why the whole situation is so hosed up). Enough terrible things are done to Palestinians by Israel and Israelis (but not all Jews, OK?), that you don't need to reach for such an extreme term.

For what it's worth, I hate the current Israeli government, Netanyahu, Naftali Bennett, rightwing settlers, etc. They make me sick and I see no to little chance of peace with such racist fucks in power. Fatah and Hamas are equally bad.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

therattle posted:

What have the Romans got to do with this? A revealing post, though. I'm sure that you are simply anti-Zionist and not anti-Semitic. (How could you possibly be anti-Semitic when Semite refers to Arabs too, lol amirite?)

In 2014 Israel killed more Palestinians than any year since 1967: 2,314. Much of those deaths were as a result of the conflict in Gaza. (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/27/israel-kills-more-palestinians-2014-than-any-other-year-since-1967). The total Palestinian population in Gaza and West Bank is about 4.4m, so Israel killed about 0.05% of the total Palestinian population. It's a shocking number but it's not extermination.

2) It diminishes the power of the word compared to actual genocides like the Armenians, Rwandan, and (oh! what a coincidence!) the Holocaust.
3) It implicitly (and probably intentionally) draws a parallel between the Holocaust and the (indisputable) suffering of the Palestinians, which I don't think is an accurate one - you of course can disagree, but I don't see 6 million Palestinians or so being summarily executed, gassed, worked to death as slave labour etc in the Israeli equivalents of Auschwitz, Treblinka, etc, or even massacred in the tens of thousands by machete-wielding mobs. We all know that Israel has the military capacity to destroy much of Gaza and the West Bank, so it isn't a question of capacity.
4) It isn't necessary. Palestinians are oppressed, murdered, humiliated, dispossessed, unlawfully imprisoned, subject to collective punishment, the victim of war crimes, etc (not that they are guiltless themselves - which is why the whole situation is so hosed up). Enough terrible things are done to Palestinians by Israel and Israelis (but not all Jews, OK?), that you don't need to reach for such an extreme term.

For what it's worth, I hate the current Israeli government, Netanyahu, Naftali Bennett, rightwing settlers, etc. They make me sick and I see no to little chance of peace with such racist fucks in power. Fatah and Hamas are equally bad.

What would you call it, "The Kill-ening"?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It's apartheid

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

satanic splash-back posted:

What would you call it, "The Kill-ening"?

Brutal oppression covers it pretty well.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

It's apartheid

I don't think apartheid sufficiently covers the full range of activities and suffering, although it's close. That also applies to the treatment of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon.

therattle fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 6, 2015

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al Borland posted:

Money/votes.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Boomstick Quaid posted:

It's apartheid

Cool I love to parthied

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Al Borland posted:

summoning circle for jesus must remain intact

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A Stupid Baby posted:

summoning circle for jesus must remain intact

That's something I really don't understand. Do they think they can trick an all knowing, all seeing God?

Like God will just throw up his hands on a technicality?

I guess this complicates the Free Will argument. Did God give Man enough power to... trick himself?

If God has infinite plans and everything is preordained, either this is pointless or it's forcing God's hand and ruining a plan that has existed since Creation.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
God is dead he died on the cross

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

therattle posted:

lol

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

therattle posted:

someone read this for me

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

plain blue jacket posted:

someone read this for me

*wet fart sounds*

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
4 isreals died so far, so that means like 3600 infants, school kids, and hospital patients have to die in retribution.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Frosted Flake posted:

If God has infinite plans and everything is preordained, either this is pointless or it's forcing God's hand and ruining a plan that has existed since Creation.

It's pointless because everything is preordained.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Miltank posted:

It's pointless because everything is preordained.

Which is why people keep voting for far right politicians and the wealthy keep getting everything they want while the general populace starves, most humans aren't sapient and reality is just a simulation that God has programmed to follow a specific plan.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Hamas and Fatah are just as bad as the IDF, much like Nelson Mandela was just as bad as the South African regime, and Gandhi/Nehru were just as bad as the British Empire. Furthermore, I am a poo poo-for-brains retard.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

nerd death screech posted:

Hamas and Fatah are just as bad as the IDF, much like Nelson Mandela was just as bad as the South African regime, and Gandhi/Nehru were just as bad as the British Empire. Furthermore, I am a poo poo-for-brains retard.

Neither side's leadership is good in any way, hth

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gandhi was actually worse than the British Empire, so...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
white phosphorous for all

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ghandi allowed India and Pakistan to go to war with one another while he shagged 13 year old girls to prove he didn't want them as brides.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Yaldabaoth posted:

Which is why people keep voting for far right politicians and the wealthy keep getting everything they want while the general populace starves, most humans aren't sapient and reality is just a simulation that God has programmed to follow a specific plan.

We are merely a real life version of The Sims :tinfoil:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

starry skies above posted:

Dear Palestinians now is the time to rise up once again and confront your oppressors the jews. The world is with you!!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/05/third-palestinian-intifada-on-way-or-already-begun

excellent

now kebab can be removed to syria

i hear its empty

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
send them to sweden via syria

remove all kebab

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

nerd death screech posted:

Yeah, I made all those comparisons. Read about Hamas and Fatah leadership, then report back. Start here for a few examples:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32894633
https://electronicintifada.net/content/ramallah-palestinian-authority-blocks-website-reporting-corruption/7814
https://www.indexoncensorship.org/2014/01/gaza-west-bank-free-speech/

This isn't some Manichean struggle. The PA/Fatah/Hamas don't have to be saints in order for Israels' actions to be wrong (and vice versa, which is what a lot of strong Zionists believe). It's all hosed.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Ghandi allowed India and Pakistan to go to war with one another while he shagged 13 year old girls to prove he didn't want them as brides.

also he didn't wash and had a green dick or something

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Unless Israel kills all the Palestinians, Palestine wins.

There's literally no other way for Israel.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
:happyelf: Death to Israel! :happyelf:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

A Winner is Jew posted:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A bunch of hallah akbars throwing rocks get owned by fake palestinians but actually infiltrated israleins with guns I think.

Looks really assholish israel :nyd:

e: before and after video

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 8, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

A Winner is Jew posted:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Israel approves new West Bank construction. The 300 houses will be built over the rubble of palestinian houses which mysteriously fell apart somehow.
The finished illegal settlement will feature apartheid, not genocide.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

therattle posted:

oy vey

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VikingSkull posted:

*wet fart sounds*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Hello Mudda
Hello Fadda
Life is poo poo here
Intifada

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
jews are behind hamas, it's all an inside job so the palentines can wipe out the jews but also be run by a cabal of jewish bankers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

therattle posted:

I can be two things

• Locked thread