Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

therattle posted:

Yeah, I made all those comparisons. Read about Hamas and Fatah leadership, then report back. Start here for a few examples:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32894633
https://electronicintifada.net/content/ramallah-palestinian-authority-blocks-website-reporting-corruption/7814
https://www.indexoncensorship.org/2014/01/gaza-west-bank-free-speech/

This isn't some Manichean struggle. The PA/Fatah/Hamas don't have to be saints in order for Israels' actions to be wrong (and vice versa, which is what a lot of strong Zionists believe). It's all hosed.

and the fact that they're not "saints" does not make them "just as bad". hamas has a lot of guilt on their hands, particularly in the treatment of minorities within gaza, but even if that were quantifiably "just as bad" as what Israel is doing to the entire Palestinian nation that still makes Israel worse because the entire situation is their doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

cant wait to get a free mini palestine flag from the inevitable protests in my city

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Im the dumb idiot asking "what was thaaaat??" After watching the hippo fart and spray poo poo out of its rear end

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lol a mohamed shanked another beardo in jerusalem

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

unpacked robinhood posted:

lol a mohamed shanked another beardo in jerusalem

good

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Frosted Flake posted:

That's something I really don't understand. Do they think they can trick an all knowing, all seeing God?

Like God will just throw up his hands on a technicality?

I guess this complicates the Free Will argument. Did God give Man enough power to... trick himself?

If God has infinite plans and everything is preordained, either this is pointless or it's forcing God's hand and ruining a plan that has existed since Creation.

If god knows everything why'd he create satan if he knew satan would betray him?
Then go around loving everything up.

Also why is god taking so long to crush Satan's skull in? If you were an all powerful all creating all knowing being wouldn't you tire of that guy's poo poo and just make him your bitch?
:colbert:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Al Borland posted:

a mix of spite, guilt, and god knows what.
so jesus can come back and rapture everyone

nevermind i think it proves the bible wrong if the jews end up building the third temple but w/e i'm tired

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thanks for this vid, really glad I never saw this movie cause lmfao

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

and the fact that they're not "saints" does not make them "just as bad". hamas has a lot of guilt on their hands, particularly in the treatment of minorities within gaza, but even if that were quantifiably "just as bad" as what Israel is doing to the entire Palestinian nation that still makes Israel worse because the entire situation is their doing.

It must be nice to have such a simple, black-and-white view of things. Saves you from having to do any of that awkward thinking.

Nice. Let's exult in somebody's death on the basis of his religion and nationality.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I/P is one of those conflicts where the only feeling I can manage to muster is extreme disapproval of everyone involved, including basically every Internet commentator, yes, even you, dear reader

Execute all political and military leaders on both sides, start from scratch

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy lol at the whackos itt and the mental circus of trying to legitimize shithead clubs like Hamas. The fact that you could actually think that a legitimate government and military is in any way comparable to the mini ISIS that routinely and indiscriminately bombs civilians with homemade mortars is just laughable. The fact that their weapons suck somehow makes you root for them? Are you an idiot ape?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why, yes, I am an idiot ape.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gently caress Hamas, gently caress Likud, gently caress Netanyahu, gently caress the guy who wrote this article for Haaretz

gently caress people who hide military HQs in hospitals and schools, gently caress people who blow that poo poo up anyway, gently caress people who cheerlead when civilians get killed because they want to watch the region devolve into chaos even though they know drat well that won't solve anything, gently caress anyone who picks a side in this conflict on the basis of being more racist against the other side, gently caress the OP, gently caress the OP, gently caress gently caress gently caress the OP

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Holy lol at the whackos itt and the mental circus of trying to legitimize shithead clubs like Hamas. The fact that you could actually think that a legitimate government and military is in any way comparable to the mini ISIS that routinely and indiscriminately bombs civilians with homemade mortars is just laughable. The fact that their weapons suck somehow makes you root for them? Are you an idiot ape?

Actually I root for the oppressed Palestinian civilians.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

Actually I root for the oppressed Palestinian civilians.

rooting for civilians in this conflict is like rooting for the Jacksonville Jaguars -- it might be the morally correct choice but at the end of the day no matter what happens you're not gonna be happy

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

notZaar posted:

lol gently caress of

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

but thats how pretty much every "legitimate" government got its start?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i was going to make some joke about israel being bad but theyre not quite isis yet in a hilarious misconstrual of the indiscriminately bombing civilians comment but i couldnt be bothered responding properyl to that piece of poo poo

have this instead

Cugel the Clever posted:

How many Israeli soldiers armed with assault rifles does it take to violently arrest a 12-year-old and rough up an innocent shopkeeper in a candy store?

Eight, apparently.

https://t.co/UiMSCqJsXC

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Haven't there been several goons that are part of the IDF? It would be nice to get their side of the conflict.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I support Israel, personally.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
hellbeard was in the idf or maybe the reserves or something

he was an insane racist who liked to post :spergin: reviews of expensive pens and mechanical pencils

so pretty much how youd expect a goon in the idf to be

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you are writing posts that say "yes, side A has committed X war-crimes and atrocities, but have you considered that side B has committed Y war-crimes and atrocities :smug:" you are not winning your argument

I mean, you're not losing either but maybe there isn't a good side to take and the correct viewpoint is "gently caress everything and burn it all down"

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

loquacius posted:

gently caress Hamas, gently caress Likud, gently caress Netanyahu, gently caress the guy who wrote this article for Haaretz

gently caress people who hide military HQs in hospitals and schools, gently caress people who blow that poo poo up anyway, gently caress people who cheerlead when civilians get killed because they want to watch the region devolve into chaos even though they know drat well that won't solve anything, gently caress anyone who picks a side in this conflict on the basis of being more racist against the other side, gently caress the OP, gently caress the OP, gently caress gently caress gently caress the OP
DTI

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the good side is maybe stop bombing and oppressing civilians ill reserve most of my condemnation for the people doing most of the bombing and oppressing and then whatevers left over can be for hamas

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I am not even joking, stop playing the nihilist card you inhuman twat-oval office

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lilbeefer posted:

I am not even joking, stop playing the nihilist card you inhuman twat-oval office

It's the only card to play here, that is my entire opinion

Both sides are bullshit and if you pick one you are just picking which set of atrocities you care less about

If that makes me inhuman then beep loving boop I guess

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

loquacius posted:

It's the only card to play here, that is my entire opinion

Both sides are bullshit and if you pick one you are just picking which set of atrocities you care less about

If that makes me inhuman then beep loving boop I guess

OK then beep boop man, I prefer the atrocity of firing coke bottle rockets over the border

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its not hamas or israel theres another option and its caring about the millions of innocent palestinians who are living in an apartheid state which kidnaps tortures evicts thieves and murders at will

hamas are bullshit and evil and also incidentally probably a product of the deliberate attempts to undermine and murder palestinian secular liberation movements by you guessed it the israelis

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lilbeefer posted:

OK then beep boop man, I prefer the atrocity of firing coke bottle rockets over the border

If I try to kill you and my gun jams do I get off the murder rap then or what

XMNN posted:

hamas are bullshit and evil and also incidentally probably a product of the deliberate attempts to undermine and murder palestinian secular liberation movements by you guessed it the israelis

I don't see how that means we should root for them to kill civilians and/or win wars :confused:

Look, if it were possible to democratically eject Hamas I'd want to do that but the Palestinians have been stripped of all hope and voting for them is their only option. If it were possible to democratically eject Likud I'd be all the gently caress over that in the name of incremental progress, but that completely failed to happen last year because we can't loving have nice things and Bibi pulled some last-minute bullshit to cannibalize the far-right parties and pull a win out of his rear end. There's nothing for it but to try again later. In the meantime the less the conflict escalates the less civilians get blown up for no loving reason.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Perhaps the strongest evidence that Jews really are white is how they want to genocide everything that scares them

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

remember when the israelis got mad at gaza for failing to stop rocket attacks so they blew up the chief of police's house and killed him and a bunch of his family members

actually he might have survived i remember someone making a joke about the punisher

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

XMNN posted:

its not hamas or israel theres another option and its caring about the millions of innocent palestinians who are living in an apartheid state which kidnaps tortures evicts thieves and murders at will

What about the millions of Israelis who lived in fear of suicide bombings before Israel literally had to build a wall around itself?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boom boom boom posted:

What about the millions of Israelis who lived in fear of suicide bombings before Israel literally had to build a wall around itself?

they deserved to die

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
i lust for middle eastern death

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly the Likud as it exists in 2015 is as much a product of Hamas as Hamas is of Likud

Pick whichever one you like as Batman and whichever one you don't like as Joker, it works both ways

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they shoudl send that obama clock kid over there. Let him build the clocks & god will sort the rest out

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

they deserved to die

You're not the only who believes that, unfortunately.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
MAYBE NONE OF THIS WOULD HAPPEN IF THEY HAD PROPER GUN CONTROL LAWS?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boom boom boom posted:

You're not the only who believes that, unfortunately.

yeah people tend to believe that when invading colonialists take your land by force they should be expelled by force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the romans knew how to deal with this poo poo. we should make the jews worship Obama in their temple, if they refuse then scatter them to the four corners of the empire

• Locked thread