Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

AlexanderCA posted:

Lol at the moral righteousness brigade applauding settler death. The same posters that cry whenever a western force makes a fuckup, advocating literal warcrimes.

Because Im pretty sure settlers are legally still civilians even if the act of population transfer is a international crime.

Anyways gently caress Israël/palestine, it should be bottom of the list of international issues. Inconsequential shitholes, if it weren't for dumb religious interest.

No one here is advocating war crimes, hth.

wait except the guy who said nuke israel, but I think he probably realises that in earnestness that would not be a legitimate suggestion

I'd love to hear your explanation for what metric you used to determine that palestine is "inconsequential", though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
tbf settlers deserve everything they get just like people going out murdering native americans on the frontier deserved everything they got

not the women and children but if youre part of an armed pseudo national group actively involved in the annexation and occupation of a foreign country and the expulsion of its people you dont really fit the traditional definition of civilian just because you happen to not bother wearing uniforms

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd love to hear your explanation for what metric you used to determine that palestine is "inconsequential", though
[/quote]

Well to be fair. Syria is much more important then the I/P conflict these days. How that turns out will decide the future of the middle east. But the I/P thing could down either way without changing too much.
Who cares about the palestinians? Not the arab leaders who just use their pligth as a rethrocial device to deflect criticism against themselves. Turkey cares somewhat but they got bigger fish to try rigth now. The same can be said about Iran. The US will never stop supporting Israel and asking the EU to really give a drat about a bunch of muslims is a tall order. We care just enough to maybe implement some sanction, time will tell if that actually happens or not

So in the eyes of the rest of the world the I/P conflict is a bit inconsequential, it`s not something that can be entirely ignored but it`s not considered super important either. Certainly i have never personally cared all that much.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

AlexanderCA posted:

Lol at the moral righteousness brigade applauding settler death. The same posters that cry whenever a western force makes a fuckup, advocating literal warcrimes.

Because Im pretty sure settlers are legally still civilians even if the act of population transfer is a international crime.

Anyways gently caress Israël/palestine, it should be bottom of the list of international issues. Inconsequential shitholes, if it weren't for dumb religious interest.

the difference between killing settlers and killing doctors without borders is that settlers deserve to die

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i bet you were happy when we killed osama bin laden huh. well let me ask you this: what if instead of osama it was your own mother. yeah. pretty messed up. i think a loading screen from call of duty said it best,

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

it is unsettling to see a photo like this without an american flag be burned in it somewhere

neurologists have found that the brain struggles vainly to construct the form of an american flag from the pallets, sometimes inducing seizures in the viewing subjects

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i haven't read the article or any of this thread but i just wanted to say death to israel, thanks

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

to israel

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tezzor posted:

the difference between killing settlers and killing doctors without borders is that settlers deserve to die

Someday Israel will have Falafal Frank Wild Wild Zionism show where millions in Israel and around the world are mystified by what was once the mystical, one-with-nature Palestinians and how they attacked Israeli Settlers in covered wagons, while shouting war whoops, as Islam has long since gone extinct and the only record remaining was some kind of pitch shriek on the part of its ancient practitioners.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

intifada? more like adafitni

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

XMNN posted:

tbf settlers deserve everything they get just like people going out murdering native americans on the frontier deserved everything they got

not the women and children but if youre part of an armed pseudo national group actively involved in the annexation and occupation of a foreign country and the expulsion of its people you dont really fit the traditional definition of civilian just because you happen to not bother wearing uniforms

Pretty much this.

There are lots of videos of MSF doctors helping people, and lots of videos of Settlers spitting on people because they are wrong race.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cry for the germans settling poland

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Agag posted:

Pretty much this.

There are lots of videos of MSF doctors helping people, and lots of videos of Settlers spitting on people because they are wrong race. almost nearly the same race but not quite

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

AlexanderCA posted:

hmmm ya it's not as if there are a bunch of poor trapped people living there, who are being ethnically cleansed by strangulation instead of catastrophic annihilation.

but nevertheless it's an inconsequential shithole and gently caress it, "for religious reasons."

i'm pretty sure at this point the palestinians don't care that the israelis are jews, they just don't want to be slowly erased.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

nomadologique posted:

hmmm ya it's not as if there are a bunch of poor trapped people living there, who are being ethnically cleansed by strangulation instead of catastrophic annihilation.

but nevertheless it's an inconsequential shithole and gently caress it, "for religious reasons."

i'm pretty sure at this point the palestinians don't care that the israelis are jews, they just don't want to be slowly erased.

"BUT WHY DO YOU CARE?! Why are you talking about this on a forum for talking about things! YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER!" -- a guy who definitely isn't a hate-filled loser

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

also american military aid to israel is based on geopolitical calculation. even if there are americans who do support israel so jesus comes back thats not why the policy exists and continues

lol @ ppl in tyool 2015 calling the mideast strategic support of our Greatest Ally inconsequential

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Tezzor posted:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Tezzor posted:

Das it mane

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > autism speaks

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

also american military aid to israel is based on geopolitical calculation. even if there are americans who do support israel so jesus comes back thats not why the policy exists and continues

lol @ ppl in tyool 2015 calling the mideast strategic support of our Greatest Ally inconsequential

It was actually a hilarious foreign policy blunder, lots of smart leaders like George C Marshall thought it would be really bad to support the newly formed Israel but in the end the pro-recognition faction won out in the state department.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
relocate palestine in england, it's their fault

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Baudolino posted:

Well to be fair. Syria is much more important then the I/P conflict these days. How that turns out will decide the future of the middle east. But the I/P thing could down either way without changing too much.
Who cares about the palestinians? Not the arab leaders who just use their pligth as a rethrocial device to deflect criticism against themselves. Turkey cares somewhat but they got bigger fish to try rigth now. The same can be said about Iran. The US will never stop supporting Israel and asking the EU to really give a drat about a bunch of muslims is a tall order. We care just enough to maybe implement some sanction, time will tell if that actually happens or not

So in the eyes of the rest of the world the I/P conflict is a bit inconsequential, it`s not something that can be entirely ignored but it`s not considered super important either. Certainly i have never personally cared all that much.

assuming that I'm willing to grant that "inconsequential" means "not literally the single most important issue on the planet", you still haven't told me what metric you're using

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Lol looks like a third intifada

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
is an intifada like a tostada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Look at all those young men with nothing to do ! Why don't they "zerg rush" an Israeli outpost and get all the weapons? Dozens would die doing it, but at least they would have something more than rocks and lovely molotovs.
If you're gonna martyr yourself at least think it through

• Locked thread