Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boom boom boom posted:

What about the millions of Israelis who lived in fear of suicide bombings before Israel literally had to build a wall around itself?

they deserved to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boom boom boom posted:

You're not the only who believes that, unfortunately.

yeah people tend to believe that when invading colonialists take your land by force they should be expelled by force

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

Do you realize how many empires have conquered Israel in the course of history? Do you realize how many empires have conquered Israel in the course of the last 500 years or so? Hint: it is more than one

do you realize that this argument is just The Blacks Owned Slaves Too

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

the argument is "it's not meaningful to frame this narrative as the Israelis being 'colonialists' and the Palestinians being 'natives' because the word 'native' doesn't meaningfully apply to anyone currently living in this particular region" but unless you're rooting for an Intifada we're mostly disagreeing on semantics

yeah they're not natives because some of them are descended from people who came in 500 years ago. lol

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
native americans: not really native since they immigrated here 40,000 years ago

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

Ok so if a white person is descended from a Mayflower settler are they now Native American? Is 400 years that significantly different from 500?

This is a stupid argument which means nothing and will accomplish nothing but I am yuppie scum still on my lunch break so I can indulge you

they are native in comparison to the hypothetical chinese army that is attempting to expel them by force, yes

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

Ok what if the entirety of the hypothetical Chinese army had been born in America

i would shed no tears if americans killed them, would you?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

You mean if Americans started just killing Chinese-American people

lol you're stupid

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
are you jewish

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it is actually a common thing for liberal jewish people to undermine action against israel on the left via ceaseless whining about the unfairness of it all is so he is describing a real phenomenon although phrasing it poorly

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

I think when an I/P conversation has turned to policing the actions of American Jews as a bloc it's time for me to officially say "gently caress this I'm out"

speaking of ceaseless whining

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
if i check the tumblr thread will i see a lot of posts loling at tumblr people by the guy who can't handle mild factually accurate criticism of his in-group without getting triggered? let's take bets

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

AlexanderCA posted:

Lol at the moral righteousness brigade applauding settler death. The same posters that cry whenever a western force makes a fuckup, advocating literal warcrimes.

Because Im pretty sure settlers are legally still civilians even if the act of population transfer is a international crime.

Anyways gently caress Israël/palestine, it should be bottom of the list of international issues. Inconsequential shitholes, if it weren't for dumb religious interest.

the difference between killing settlers and killing doctors without borders is that settlers deserve to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i bet you were happy when we killed osama bin laden huh. well let me ask you this: what if instead of osama it was your own mother. yeah. pretty messed up. i think a loading screen from call of duty said it best,

• Locked thread