Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Barry's dad should have said he needed to go somewhere to adjust being in prison for fifteen years, like a halfway house that could reintegrate him into society because he just wasn't ready to go full bore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

JT Smiley posted:

Is he? Seems like most people, at least around here, weren't too fond of this episode.

Well he's a Pacific islander so he is in that minority.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Astro Nut posted:

Barry is at least apologetic, though only mildly so. I do hope they find some kind of alternative. I mean, Cisco works with the police outright now - so you'd think if he was given the budget, he'd be able to convert some cells as needed.

I'm sorry I had to do this but you threw a hot dog cart at me man. I had no other choice.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

evenworse username posted:

^^^^oh hi

Did I miss it, or was there honestly no explanation given for Rothstein being strangled and dead as well as alive as the Atom-Smasher beyond 'you wouldn't believe me if I told you'?

I assume the answer has something to do with parallel world fuckery, but that seemed like a relatively significant point that all the characters sort of forgot about.

I was a little disappointed to have sulky Flash; I hope it doesn't last. There's enough angst on Arrow, this is supposed to be the fun show!

The answer seemed really obvious that he's a parallel version of himself, I don't think it required an explanation.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe they'll bring it back in a few episodes. Like how two versions of the same person cannot exist in the same dimension for long for without causing the visitor extreme pain or something. Which is why Zoom wants Barry dead, he's Barry from an alternate timeline where Well's never killed Barry's mother.

Barry learns he must go back in time and kill all his rogues mothers to make them good guys, he himself becomes Zoom.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Past season one on justice league John did plenty of more creative constructs because the creators heard the criticism and responded.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I liked when he would do utilitarian things like he took a bad hit on his arm and the ring formed a splint and cast.

In live action for creations of a real object you'd just need to cut away and cut back with the construct which you just green up in cgi.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want them to adapt the Flash's fat black bespectacled friend who has a black hole in his belly he can't control. There's a sequence in the comic where Flash gets sucked in but then runs out with a bunch of survivors that would look cool/be funny on screen.

Now that the Flash is public I hour there's a lot more of him interacting with civilians because such situations are almost always cute.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You don't want us to shove the villains in a 5x5 dark box without a trial, you don't want us to kill them, Jesus what else could we possibly do?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A fight against atom smasher should be more like Barry runs in and punches him five times then immediately gets 30 get away, and sees Atom smasher is unaffected, says something like "well that's not going to work". Tries a speed trick like that whirlwind that atom smasher got through by growing, and when that fails he is winded for a second. And then, THAT is when atom smasher hits him hard and gains the upper hand as Flash doesn't have an opportunity to recover and has to escape.

Just running straight into a Haymaker is ridiculous.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Or another idea, he could try the mach punch and bounce off, injuring himself, demonstrating how tough the dude was.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Zoom is going to be Earth 2 Candyman, Barry accidentally summoned him as a child when he was in the bathroom reciting an old Mazda commercial.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah when the speed force was taken away in the comics for a while Jay notably still had speedster powers.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

And in the show he can run near the speed of light.

Which he says was not fast enough for him to throw lightning, but Barry, who just passed Mach 2 in the season finale, can?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bad Moon posted:

I would assume when Wells took off after being discovered he wouldn't leave a piece of future tech lying around for his enemies

She'll just catch a glimpse of Jay's magnificent cock and melt, probably.

Quoted the wrong post. Was quoting a post worrying that when Caitlin becomes killer frost Barry will run around her in circles and she'll melt.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah he does that s lot.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The aerodynamics of the hat push it downward when moving fast, increasing the friction coefficient.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

Has there ever been a girl Flash? Not some rando girl speedster, but a legit Flash-like girl character? Also, unless you weirdos wanting an impulse character truly want some lovely 14 year old on the TV show, just let it be. :colbert:

Jesse Quick was briefly the Flash, after Bart died but never actually had any issues of her own.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She got injected with genetically modified hummingbird DNA. She ran faster than the speed of light and then freaked the gently caress out because she saw herself do it since she was going faster than the speed of light. Stan Lee crazy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is tangent Superman based on the original Shuster short story rise of the Superman?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oliver/Felicity has been great this season because they aren't pining for each other 24/7, they're just together with minimal drama, and any disagreements they've had they've talked about like adults and been understanding and not brooding in anger and depression.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If I had to choose between Candice and Caitlin I think I would be a turbonerd unable to make a decision or make a move just like Barry. This is assuming marriage vows don't apply when you are transported into a fictional universe and become a superhero.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mikeraskol posted:

I just thought the whole Barry/Caitlin thing was better because their actors seem to have much better chemistry than Barry/Iris. It's also a little annoyance that they force the idea of Barry loving Iris down your throat in season 1 without any good reason for it because they have no chemistry and she is just awful.

Will I don't agree she's awful but do agree they have no chemistry. And it's further complicated by then having a weird relationship of having grown up together where Iris obviously considered him a brother and he was crushing on her the whole time, and her dad is busy cockblocking her actual boyfriend to try and push her toward basically his adopted son.

Odd that in the finale she agreed she has feelings for him, and obviously things got complicated after that but it seems nothing has been addressed at all between then since then and there pretending nothing happened. They are gonna have to address that elephant sooner or later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They really need an episode where he has two different dates at the same time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She is Barry's conscience. She got him to start interacting with the city and his friends again, she got him to stop being a dick to Jay.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mikeraskol posted:

This kind of goes back to a point I've brought up a number of times in this thread, but I feel like I'm expected to care about Iris simply because she's some famous character from the comics. It doesn't work at all if you don't watch the comics (at least for me). The show hasn't really showed any reason for why Barry needs to be in love with her or have her exist as a character other than she exists in the comic.

There's actually no good reason for her to exist in the comic either.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It is canon that immediately after learning her mother was alive, Iris drive to Star City to participate in an underground Guitar Hero ring.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Scyantific posted:

THAT'S NOT HOW LASERS WORK

I don't think you understand how cold that gun is.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

XboxPants posted:

Well, you can technically freeze beams of light.

Cisco said it took stuff to near absolute zero.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mr Beens posted:

Enjoyed the episode, but

Why did Snart not just freeze his dad anyway?
So they stabilsed the portal to another world, then just left it there?

1) We would have to assume he has some sort of a dead man's switch on that bomb if he didn't send it a signal every so often or something.
2) They are wasteful millenials

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There was a scene cut where Barry convinced Iris to meet her mom. It's weird because they reference it later in dialogue. And released a screen cap of the scene earlier.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Was Danielle Panabaker's dad a thief? Cause somebody stole two fine rear end hams and put em up the back of that dress.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Barty. Their possible son from earth 6 is Bart Allen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
More like Joe probably talked about criminals he had to track down and how he did it, so she knew what not to do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

I'm betting they merged Zoom and Black Flash, he's gonna be like a speed vampire/zombie going from universe to universe, killing the native speedsters and stealing all the speed force to keep himself alive.

Why would such a Flash send new monsters out every week like some Lord Zedd?

PS Can we get Lord Zedd in this show? that would awesome

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

tin can made man posted:

This season is dangerously close to being a long form version of Iron Man 2 and it's flaws; literally the last two episode's A-plots were backdoor pilots for The CW's DC's Legends of Tomorrow and they both sucked

The next Arrow episode, possibly two, also is a backdoor Legend of Tomorrow pilot.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Guy A. Person posted:

Dammmnn, looks like the villain of the week is Doctor Light as well? Should be a much more exciting episode.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

The other one.

Finally some live action Mega Man on my tv screen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

He can do that.

He can do it but only when he doesn't realize he's doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And they're practically high fiving about it.

Take your blood without permission, Invited the guy into their base, gave him life ruining powers accidentally. Mocked and provoked him, knocked him the gently caress out, prison for life out until we believe you ain't gonna talk.

• Locked thread