Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the comics Jay actually has super speed as a metahuman power, though he does get an assist from the Speed Force. When it goes away for a bit in one story he's still fast, while everyone else loses theirs.

It didn't exist both narratively and outside of canon until decades after he was created either so for a long time it was just "Comics".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dexo posted:

So how does this turn bad

There's alcohol and Dad Flash is a mean drunk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How will I, The Flash, still see my father in a distant city?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cast is big enough as it is, at least this gives a slightly better excuse for not seeing Henry all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the part where they had to lure him out from lounging when his goal was supposed to be to take out the Flash was weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I mean...this episode wasn't terrible, but everybody's stepping up their game so Flash and Arrow are going to have to quit resting on their Laurel if they wanna stay competitive.

Who is everyone? Shirley, you don't mean Gotham.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was semiautoerotic asphyxiation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They wanted Firestorm on Legends, but he's kind of moved on to movies now and probably didn't want to sign on for a full 13 episode show or whatever it is.

So the only real solution there to keep Firestorm is to replace him. As a bonus for them, that happened in the comics a bunch of times anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tsob posted:

Yup, complaining about the introduction of one specific character whose only purpose is to appeal to a demographic and not to serve the story or cast itself in any way

Before they've been on the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They only just found the body at the beginning of the episode, while it's been 6 months since the singularity. So if Atom Smasher crossed over then, he didn't kill his alternate self immediately. Didn't they say he worked at the nuclear plant? I assume that means powered Al went to drain some radioactive energy and ran into himself or something and panicked maybe?

It does feel like a scene explaining it got cut though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah in show there has been no mention at all about people crossing over from different versions of Earth.

There's Atom Smasher saying Zoom promised to bring him home.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think they have a solid plan for Killer Frost currently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make them science up really mundane ways of killing someone.

He controls his powers with his mind, Barry! Sufficient head trauma should disable him, but if you get too close you'll fall under his influence. Cisco has been working on a device that should be able to take him out from a distance. It uses a mix of chemical powders to fire a lead projectile. He was able to contain the propellant inside a small cartridge, so you get a few tries if you miss but it is not unlimited so be careful!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For what it's worth, Barry seems to need a moment to activate his speed. Sometimes it's happened as a reflex (the bullet, the lightning strike in the pilot) but mostly he doesn't have the fine control the comic book Flash has yet.

There's no reason he should be dropping out of speed to fight though.

Oracle posted:

Except he's limited by the speed at which the gun can fire.

Come on, you know the answer.

Speed...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here is every villain confrontation: He shows up running in at super speed, stops, talks to them a bit, and then runs at them at normal speed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure the Anti- part of the name is really necessary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like Patty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No stabbing? Not my Wells!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super Dude posted:

Do any of you comic-reading people know why Jay lost his powers?

No, though the ability to take away speed from others has been a power some speedsters have had over the years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

She's definitely going to try and intentionally murder the gently caress out of a bad meta at some point.

Luckily that's how you pledge Team Flash now.

Klungar posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Jay's speed powers not originate from the Speed Force, but are instead just a metapower of his? They really laid on thick that Jay had no trace of the Speed Force in his physical makeup, but isn't that basically correct?

In the comics, Jay is a metahuman who gained super speed at about the speed of sound from his hard water experiment stuff he mentioned in the episode. He uses the Speed Force to be even faster though.

In the show, who knows. We don't know why he lost his speed. You would assume he would know if Zoom had speed stealing abilities, but then every other powered guy Zoom sends over retains their powers so it's not an alternate universe thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

We got a hint of that with her collecting the sand and realizing it most likely meant a meta-human was involved due to the cable being cut by sand blast.

Barry also directly asked her why police instead of CSI.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Her answer was pretty good too.

Yeah, it seemed like a bit of a wink wink conversation too.

It's definitely easier to fit her in the show as a cop versus a lab tech. When's the last time we even saw Barry's lab?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I kind of hope her "It's like you were there" means she thinks he's some insane serial killer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Speaking of inner circle, did Dr Wells leave Barry a shitload of money as well as STAR labs? Because it can't be cheap to pay for the utilities on that place.

Also I guess everyone forgot about future AI that Eobard had. :rip: AI

Didn't Cisco shut it down last season?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

We haven't seen Gideon in forever because she(it?) has been running around as Zoom :colbert:

Gideon is busy sleeping with Jim Gordon I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Stockholm Syndrome, it's still real bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But then why send others after Barry? If they do kill him he doesn't get that speed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since then they've retconned that Barry Allen fuels the Speed Force (and always has) so Savitar probably wouldn't work the same way today.

(Plus Barry killed him anyway.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry, as a tourist, wouldn't know where to get good pasta in Italy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spacebump posted:

How would Jay's hat stay on while he is running? Does he run with his neck slight bent and his head angled downward?

:biotruths:, but instead it's a Flash lightning bolt and the text says "Speed Force"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

Wish I had photoshop skills.

If I was at home I'd have just made it, but I have nothing useful on my work PC and also probably shouldn't be making a Flash emote at work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DC likes to consider every adaptation an actual universe in the same continuity, so no the show wouldn't be Earth 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Well, they could have been making a joke, but I guess I'll have to check out Arrow, as I wasn't going to bother after last season and seeing the dumb rear end helmet Dig has now.

Nope, Hal Jordan literally appeared on Arrow.

(It was a split second cameo of a Jordan name tag on a guy's flight jacket.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Katie Cassidy is awesome and it's great that her character is finally cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everything with Sara even being a character, Laurel taking up her name and all that wasn't the original plan for the show. That bar fight is in episode 3, so they made a decision after that to slow down the Black Canary development.

It wouldn't even be a problem, except that they made the way she took the guy down a bit too slick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mcswizzle posted:

I think the only thing those pictures told me is that Danielle Panabaker can wear the poo poo out of a skirt.

There are better ways to word that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where is Jay again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone wants you dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

I thought he said "Zoom wants you dead."

I wasn't answering his question. I'm here to kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doggie Door Constantine finale.

• Locked thread