Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On Arrow anyone they lock up is actually under the legitimate authority of the actual police. Except Andy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We're in the Flash thread, we don't need to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The LGBT population is only like 3% or so in the US.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Isn't it like ten? I've heard just LGs are %10 before you even get to Bs and Ts

You're thinking of lefties.

(There's a bit of a range. Anonymous polls tend to skew higher.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, they're doing an episode called Flashpoint, at least.

95% of Flashpoint is characters they can't use.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry wouldn't be an anime fan, he's into incest, not pedophilia.

Those are 2 different distinct mental illnesses.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was no toonami, Barry went back in time and stopped it. Did you even pay attention?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably Impulse? I doubt Bart Allen shows up any time soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As long as they avoid Black Racer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You mean Zoom?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

How about Flash Boy?

Mine was a real thing, Rhyno!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

HOW ABOUT BLACK FLASH THEN

The joke was that he actually is a racer!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oracle posted:

Is it just me or does it look like its really awkward to move in that thing. His hands/arms look like a Ken doll's.

Maybe that's why Barry is such a lovely fighter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Of course. Flashpoint means more, more, more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they don't use Flashpoint as an excuse to do an alternate Thawne and alternate Zoom I will eat a piece of bread folded somewhat into the shape of a hat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'd love shorter seasons or half-seasons that tell complete, self-contained stories. The tightness and efficiency of storytelling in HBO, FX, and AMC shows has totally spoiled me.

That has nothing to do with length and everything to do with talent.

Look at Marvel Netflix. Short seasons there too, but they still blew it 3 times now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They all have terrible pacing.

My point was that a mediocre writer with a smaller season order is just going to gently caress up a short season, not magically turn in something tight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Sherlock does 3 episode seasons and it's unmitigated garbage so again, episode counts aren't magic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The look is apparently very similar to the New 52 Black Racer, who is the speedforce personification of death.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Uh excuse me Black Racer is Death for New Gods, the Black Flash is for speedsters
:goonsay:

It turns out it's the look of Barry merging with the Black Racer, so it's actually both kind of.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not why the season of the Flash sucked though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gee if only one of the shows in the universe had had Black Canary on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shooting Jimmy Olsen in the head is absolutely the best, coolest thing you could do to Jimmy Olsen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm pretty sure it's making him a competent and likable character that's independent of Superman.

That sounds awful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Things would have went to poo poo anyway. KGBeast was there because Lois was, not Jimmy. Setting up Superman was happening anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn't count.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry was still unbelievably stupid, but Zoom was entertaining when he was unmasked. A good villain (or one at all since Zoom barely did anything) was a big part of what was missing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thanks guys, I'll update the spreadsheet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not how TV writing works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm more irritated by this:

Like since when? Is this a new 52 thing? The Rogues were kind of always generally together in the Silver Age but there was no specific relationship between Top and MM.

I don't care that Top is a woman, but I hope they don't just stick to the "makes people dizzy" thing and make her at least someone representative of the comic Top who does some insanely crazy poo poo.

Or not because The Top sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only good thing the Top did was die.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Donald Glover is a lovely actor, stop trying to make that happen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't rig nominations, you rig winners.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's pretty racist, man. Kara's Kryptonian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Geoff Johns is basically his boss too, so you know that's some hardcore shipping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But really the reason for that is that Black Canary is her own character with her own stories, while Iris isn't. So everything between her and Barry is usually perfect and fine until a villain needs a bargaining chip.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Elite posted:

Of all the things I don't care about, "Which of Barry's dumb love interests is going to pan out?" is the thing I don't care about the most.

I would ask "Who cares?" but it's plainly obvious that some people care a great deal for reasons I absolutely cannot fathom. loving time remnants make more sense to me than getting this invested in the poorly written relationships of fictional characters.

Speedsters Going Their Own Way

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's even worse than will they/won't they since they had numerous time travel things showing yes. So it's just filling time in that case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think we need parallel plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Isn't the purported musical episode using just a bunch of licensed music?

Yes, but they said they may work an original in.

• Locked thread