Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Sent: Monday, October 05 2015 22:48
To: Postmaster@12508.usps.gov
Cc: PostmasterGeneral@usps.gov; president@whitehouse.gov; HillDog@HillaryClinton.com
Subject: Regarding my April 14th visit.

Sir or Madam Postmaster,

It has taken me significant time to gather the courage to write you this email but, I feel that this is a matter i must bring to your attention.

On April 14th I went to your facility to mail a very small package (3"x4" that's INCHES) to a friend who about 200 miles from your Post Office. I had arrived at the Office about 20 minutes after it had opened and was assisted by Gail. When I took the small package (less than 3 cubic inches) from my bag I realized that I had forgot to tape it shut. When I got to the counter I asked Gail if she had any tape and even offered to purchase a roll if necessary. Remarking on the packages small size (smaller than a book of stamps (of which I'm sure you're familiar) Gayl was concerned it was liable to be misplaced and offered to put it in an envelope for me. I thanked her for her suggestion and agreed to put the package in an envelope. Gael, produced an envelope from behind the counter, transcribed the details I had written on my packaged, sealed the enveloped and gave it a scan. The envelope rang up to $19.99, before tax. Unbeknownst to me, Gail had "kindly" placed my packaged in a Priority Mail Express™ Flat Rate Envelope.

I politely informed Gale that I did not agree to have my package shipped at that rate and would like to do the standard, non-express shipping. Gail became very defensive and stated that was not able to, by law, alter a letter once it is in the Post Office's possession. She went on to explain that, at that juncture, my only options were to pay the balance or the package would need to be sent to the return address for insufficient payment.

<http://i.imgur.com/iJuC9A7.png>

The thing that drove me to write this email, however, is Ghael's final comment to me. When I began to protest she reminded me how small my package was and said - and I quote "who knows how long it would take for this package to get back to you".

You have an employee who is holding people's mail at ransom! Do you understand the gravity of this situation? I am outraged, to say the least. I request this woman be reprimanded, severely. I would not think firing a person of this character would be excessive. I advise you to see some of the Yelp reviews for your location, if you need further encouragement - they are not favorable of Gaelelel. Please see below:

maryalice wrote:
"watching Gail work is especially painful. The longer the line, the slower she works, and the more snide comments she makes to the customers in line who have the audacity to express their frustration with the inefficient time trap that is the Beacon PO. Was just in there yesterday and saw her get into it with yet another customer."

If you need any further information I can provide you with the transaction number and the credit card I paid with.

Namaste,

-Quinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
naming my next girl Ghael

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Idgi

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
OP has a tiny package.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

reddit.txt

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
some people dont deserve to live

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

EAT A DICK GAIL!!!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
im gayl

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
the branch manager of my local post office tried to convince me that I had moved once and that's why my package was getting rerouted back to sender.

I've lived in the same place for 10+ years.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
wow op

this certainly was a post

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Obligatory Toast posted:

the branch manager of my local post office tried to convince me that I had moved once and that's why my package was getting rerouted back to sender.

I've lived in the same place for 10+ years.

are you sure?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

ChairmanMeow posted:

are you sure?

she asked the same thing. multiple times. it was weird as hell.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Like every girlfriend you've ever had, the postal worker has experience with thousands of customers and they are sick of your bullshit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sounds like gail just needs a package to call her own.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I called USPS today about an AWOL package containing the motherboard for my new rig. Every tracking website reported different information. The clerk told me new information, which was that it would arrive it's evening.

Now the sun is setting, my jaw is clenched and the realization is dawning on me that I've been duped.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I've never had anything but a pleasant experience at the post office. Even filling out the paperwork to get a passport or shipping things internationally was pretty easy.

Places I've worked always use UPS or FedEx though, and dumb poo poo always happens, like "Oh, we didn't get the blood samples you sent us because the plane carrying them crashed" or "the cornea you sent us can't be transplanted because it sat at the FedEx hub in Memphis for a week"

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 6, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

a dog from hell posted:

I called USPS today about an AWOL package containing the motherboard for my new rig. Every tracking website reported different information. The clerk told me new information, which was that it would arrive it's evening.

Now the sun is setting, my jaw is clenched and the realization is dawning on me that I've been duped.

Did you ask where it would be arriving too though?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
im gail

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
lol

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

i wish i had the courage to voice my complaints when i am mistreated by a public official. kudos to you op

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Ghaz posted:

i wish i had the courage to voice my complaints when i am mistreated by a public official. kudos to you op

It's so well written, there's probably nobody employed by the USPS that can even comprehend what it says.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
gently caress the postal service. If you send important documents and you have 5 cents too little postage , they will pull it off the delivery truck and send it back to you, which takes for ever to fix. For instance: if your company does a lot of overnight shipping, the shipping companies give you free cardboard envelopes to put stuff in. USPS gives you "priority mail" and "priority mail express" envelopes and they are exactly the same except for that one word. Accidentally put priority mail in an express envelope and they send that poo poo back to you even though the label you print is correct. Meanwhile fedex and ups give zero fucks. Want to use a fed ex overnight envelope to ship ups ground? Sure we'll deliver that poo poo. Even if you actually do make a shipping label without enough postage they will still deliver it and send you a bill. And the bitch baby post office wonders why companies pay 60 dollars to get a letter somewhere by 8am the next morning but never trust the post office to do it

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Paging shaggar to gbs thread

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
bitch baby post office workers

loving bitch babys

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
ups goddamn owns

the usps idk

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

coldplay chiptunes posted:

OP has a tiny package.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
didnt read any of that OP

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Gail sounds like a pretty big bitch

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Please provide me with the credit card number you paid with. Also include the expiration date and your social security number.

Namaste

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bishop posted:

gently caress the postal service. If you send important documents and you have 5 cents too little postage , they will pull it off the delivery truck and send it back to you, which takes for ever to fix. For instance: if your company does a lot of overnight shipping, the shipping companies give you free cardboard envelopes to put stuff in. USPS gives you "priority mail" and "priority mail express" envelopes and they are exactly the same except for that one word. Accidentally put priority mail in an express envelope and they send that poo poo back to you even though the label you print is correct. Meanwhile fedex and ups give zero fucks. Want to use a fed ex overnight envelope to ship ups ground? Sure we'll deliver that poo poo. Even if you actually do make a shipping label without enough postage they will still deliver it and send you a bill. And the bitch baby post office wonders why companies pay 60 dollars to get a letter somewhere by 8am the next morning but never trust the post office to do it

How the gently caress is the postal service supposed to know you're sending important documents? Maybe make sure you've got the right postage on there if they're so important lol. Also I don't buy that you put an express label on an express envelope and they sent it back because the mail in the envelope wasn't express mail (what the gently caress does that even mean and how would they know?). Sounds like what you did was print out a regular label and stuck it onto an express envelope.

Also, they do give out free flat rate boxes. I ship stuff with USPS all the time and I've never had an issue. Measure + weigh your package properly and print the right label out and you won't have any issues. Or just use the flat rate boxes they provide. Sounds like you're either just loving up or trying to save a few bucks on postage hoping they won't notice and getting mad when they do.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 7, 2015

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

don't sign your posts

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
it's me, im the GranolaDad

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

How the gently caress is the postal service supposed to know you're sending important documents? Maybe make sure you've got the right postage on there if they're so important lol. Also I don't buy that you put an express label on an express envelope and they sent it back because the mail in the envelope wasn't express mail (what the gently caress does that even mean and how would they know?). Sounds like what you did was print out a regular label and stuck it onto an express envelope.

Also, they do give out free flat rate boxes. I ship stuff with USPS all the time and I've never had an issue. Measure + weigh your package properly and print the right label out and you won't have any issues. Or just use the flat rate boxes they provide. Sounds like you're either just loving up or trying to save a few bucks on postage hoping they won't notice and getting mad when they do.

Hi gail

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
gail has a rough year, you guys don't even know her life. Have you ever heard anyone say thank you at the post office?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Fire all postal workers, automate everything.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
just so you know, if they shut down usps they shut down amazon, amazon is piggybacking on usps and that's how they get you packages before you even finish submitting your order

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

How the gently caress is the postal service supposed to know you're sending important documents? Maybe make sure you've got the right postage on there if they're so important lol. Also I don't buy that you put an express label on an express envelope and they sent it back because the mail in the envelope wasn't express mail (what the gently caress does that even mean and how would they know?). Sounds like what you did was print out a regular label and stuck it onto an express envelope
imma school you on some poo poo. The label has the level of service on it. That's what you print and stick on the big envelope. The envelope itself does not actually matter, well it shouldn't . A priority mail and a priority mail express envelope are the same size, same material, one just says "express". The mail carrier just scans the label and he can tell at a glance what the service level is. And. Some spergs at USPS think that even if you pay the proper amount for priority mail, that it being in an express envelope means it's insufficient postage, despite the fact that the way the envelope is sorted and delivered depends solely on the printed label.

Meanwhile ups might not be thrilled if you put a ground label on an overnight envelope, they'll still deliver it because it doesn't matter. In fact you can have the wrong size and weight on the printed label and they'll still deliver it and just bill you afterwards, instead of returning it, wasting everyone's time and money and depending on the package, big headaches.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

coldplay chiptunes posted:

OP has a tiny package.

all the best posts in one simple package.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bishop posted:

imma school you on some poo poo. The label has the level of service on it. That's what you print and stick on the big envelope. The envelope itself does not actually matter, well it shouldn't . A priority mail and a priority mail express envelope are the same size, same material, one just says "express". The mail carrier just scans the label and he can tell at a glance what the service level is. And. Some spergs at USPS think that even if you pay the proper amount for priority mail, that it being in an express envelope means it's insufficient postage, despite the fact that the way the envelope is sorted and delivered depends solely on the printed label.

Meanwhile ups might not be thrilled if you put a ground label on an overnight envelope, they'll still deliver it because it doesn't matter. In fact you can have the wrong size and weight on the printed label and they'll still deliver it and just bill you afterwards, instead of returning it, wasting everyone's time and money and depending on the package, big headaches.

You're not schooling me, that's exactly what I just told you; you're printing out a label and putting it on the wrong goddamn flat rate envelope. Sorry that you're so retarded you can't match up the label to the right (free) envelope.

Yeah different carriers do things differently, but so what how hard is it to just use the right envelope? USPS is cheaper than UPS a lot of the time.

Like I've never even heard of this being a problem until this thread because why would you even use the wrong envelope in the first place? They're free.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

nomadologique posted:

just so you know, if they shut down usps they shut down amazon, amazon is piggybacking on usps and that's how they get you packages before you even finish submitting your order

I preferred it when Amazon was just using FedEx and UPS for 99% of the orders.

• Locked thread